Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: bakki towers

Hi again JR,

Feel free to post the pics of DOC build up, and I'll explain again... None of these ponds have surface skimmers. The foam that you posted before was not DOC. This was foam built up on ponds that had only been running a few days with fresh water. The foam was solely the result of Lactic Acid Bacteria (OMX) being added to the ponds. This is done to each and every pond whenever a new 'batch' of Koi are added. The stuff is brown, and like treacle, and judging from the smell, is probably a form of molasses.

How many closed ponds have you seen without skimmers that don't suffer from foam? Also, bear in mind that the best way to create foam on any pond, is with a waterfall.

DOC seems to be something that you keep bringing up, and you also keep saying that the systems can't work on closed systems. Maybe they defy the rules of your filtration book, and I must be honest that I too (and the rest of the World) was scepticle of these systems. But, they seem to work well on every closed system they run on in the UK. They maintain good water, with no brown discolouration, KH levels that are kept up more easily, TDS levels that are kept down easily, and water parameters that all of their users didn't think possible. Take a look at the pics on my website. Ian Gaham's pond, and Colin Hughes pond don't even have surface skimmers, but where are the signs of DOC's? My small pond also has no skimmer, and yet no DOC's. I realise that you are arguing that they can't work, and with honest concerns of such. But, the evidence suggests that they defy theory, and simply give incredible results. Do yourself a favour and email me. I will in turn give you the phone number of EVERY person that runs these systems. You can then phone each of them and find out their thoughts, and results. When you have done this, come back and post up the feelings of these people. Better still, you and Bil should come over sometime, and I'll take you on a Bakki Showered pond tour, and you can take all the water tests you like.

As Bern said at the top of this page, Mr Richards ran it submerged and noticed big changes. He is one of many.

Sorry if it seems I am biting a little, but we have had these board discussions time and time again, and nothing really changes.

There is another scenario here, which I can appreciate... that is, the newcomers come here, and start the same thread on Showers (every few weeks/months), and hence you feel it your duty to post your same thoughts again, in order that the newcomers can see them, in case the missed the previous episode. This being the correct scenario?... I look forward to next time ;-)

Shiromuji... All rats aside, I am confident you will be surprised with the media, when you get it. Good luck.

Best regards,

Mike.

Lee,
    Worry not, it was none of those, it was that this board wasn't here then and I hadn't made your acquaintance!
    For sure I'll mail you should we return, thanks.

Re. The IR, my understanding is that the BHM emits 'Far' IR, not just IR, and yes it is detectable/measurable as the cargo ship coming in to New York carrying the Chinese Porcelain episode demonstrates.

Jumbo
    I don't profess to know anything about infra red rays, be they near, far or somewhere inbetween.

What i do know is that a search on the web for 'far infra red' or 'bioceramic' returns loads of info about them and a multitude of products in which they are used. Indeed there are a number of domestic water purification systems amongst the results which contain bioceramics emitting far infra red rays.

bil
    Tosai
    Mark, (&Mike) I would be fascinated to know just how the hell ceramics emit IR. I'm not saying it ain't necessarily so, just, for the love of dog, how? Also, what is it the the IR does?

Mike, when I have time, I will definitely take you up on that offer. Please don't think that I am critical of this, just curious. I really, really like to know how things work. When I do go in for this new pond, I shall definitely be investing in a Bakki, but I will be getting the screens up to prefilter the water, unless a positive benefit can be shown as to feeding dirty water to the showers.

Hi all (especially Dick B),

After being involved in some of the earlier discussion on this topic, thought I'd get back into it.

I'm like a lot of other English Koi Keepers, I dont understand a lot of the Science about water and it's make up. I have though over the past few months become very interested in the Bakki frenzy and how good it is supposed to be. Through an invite by Mike Snaden and Mark Gardener I have also visited some of these ponds which Mike refers to and the owners are very excited about the BH, or raving loonies.

So like others I'm getting one. As I have said I dont do into the Science thing very deep and therefore I may not be able to quantify 'what' exactly I have improved, if it 'works' as it is supposed to. But I bet I will be able to 'see' the difference in my Koi, the Water and the crap I get from the filters.

Time will tell and like all Koi products needs to be fully proven - so dive in (like Dick B says) and prove it. There will (and are now) be a lot of very happy Koi Keepers if this stuff works as well as it says it does.

p.s. I have an outside pond and this will not be the only filtration.
    Regards, Bob
    ><{{{{> ><{{{{> ><{{{{>
    <}}}}>< <}}}}><

Jumbo

bil
    Tosai
    Wowiee. It does all that? Mark, please don't think this is against you, in any way shape or form, but that really is the biggest pile of verbal manure I have ever come across in all my life. If I could only dig that into the roses, they would bloom for a thousand years.

My favourite was "But the health-enhancing bio-ceramic eliminate the waste matters in the blood vessels through capillary expansion. Accelerate the alkalization of the body fluids by the emission of CO2 in the blood vessel."

Pure magical bullsh'it, but there's more!

"If a metallic or ceramic surface is coated with this type of FIR radiating material and the surface is heated by conventional heating method such as oil or electricity, the surface will generate strong FIR wave."

Or, to put it a simpler way, if you heat something, it gets hot!!!! Yowsa! Alert the Nobel prize guys!!!

"The prostate gland is the organ responsible for the production of male hormones and sperm and is very important to men.

The reason for occurrence of disorders of the Prostate Gland is normally related to excessive sexual activity and hygienic reasons. During sexual intercourse, the Prostate Gland expands due to an increase in the supply of blood before ejaculation can occur. If the blood supply to the Prostate Gland is always high, it will lead to clotting of the blood vessels that supply blood to the Prostate Gland thus causing it to swell permanently. When the swollen Prostate Gland presses against the urethra, various symptoms of difficulty in urination will occur. Unclean sex life will cause inflammation of the Prostate Gland which will result in swelling of the Prostate Gland.
    "

OK, point number one, the prostate does not produce sperm or testosterone. Your balls do that. Prostate problems are linked to sexual abstinence, and frequent ejaculation actually keeps the prostate healthy.

If they can't tell their balls from their prostate, their knowledge levels must be pretty low.

I'm sorry, but this is a classic of Bad Science.

Looking at this, I can see what they were getting at. Let me summarise. Things that are warm emit IR radiation. Calling it biogenetic radiation doesn't give it super powers. To continue. Everything that is above absolute zero will emit IR if its surroundinds are cooler than it is. Dogsh'it emits IR. Cold eggs won't hatch, living things need warmth, and this is the purest bullsh'it. Any body who wants to debate this purulent mass is welcome, but they should bear in mind that I am being poilte to Mark as I consider him a friend.

Jumbo
    Hi Bil

I wasn't putting it forward as supporting claims for what it can or can't do, rather the fact that ceramics apparently emit FIR's. There is simply too many references to the fact they do emit them to dispute it. As to what they do in a koi pool - i pass.

bil
    Tosai
    Mark, glad to hear it.

What I meant, to put it into perspective was, everything emits IR. Even an ice cube.

To show that there was something special going on, you would have to show that this emitted more IR than could be explained by the usual processes.

MikeS: We are all giving you a hard time, but you and Carl Forss deserve our thanks as well in bringing BS and BH to the US &amp; UK. Introducing a new product line involves risks (and we're making sure you know it!); and without somebody taking that risk there would be no progress. While we challenge the science etc., we all also hope it proves to be a step forward in koikeeping that hobbyists can adopt.

So, we may keep on kicking you, but it is with a smile. Best wishes for a happy and prosperous New Year. (By the way, I like your taste in the koi you're stocking. Very nice.)

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast