Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: bakki towers

Tosai
    Double posting sorry!! :roll:

Lee
    Sansai
    Jim,

The best description is that...you're just "impish'!

Hey, if you get to (Miami) Florida in March, what will it take to get you onto a following flight to Grand Cayman?

Yes, I am also planning to be at the March show.

NO, no fear that I might judge. Never. Never.

I leave that dredful position to you and my other good friends...as it is, indeed, a loathsome job without any pay and wherein your only gain is, I am told, a hateful snide smile by those whose fish you had failed to make GC'!

Of course, as I am planning to be showing 'myself' very soon - I'd best not make any more derogatory comments about judges, yes?

Oh! If your koi prefer and do better in warmer pond water, why don't you just turn your water heater temp. higher?

Hum?

Lee
    Grand Cayman

Lee
    Sansai
    Lars,

I know very little about Chiclids.

What I do know, is that the female of the specie is larger, not as colourful and is darn right 'mean'.

Sounds, just like my ex-wife!

No. I've not seen the red zebra's...however, the few blue neons that I have are dramatic in my pond. And, as they school amongst the slower moving koi, they add a lovely flash of colour.

Sorry your Norway weather is not as warm or as tropical as ours here in the Cayman Islands. However, we've never produced a Stein Erikson, either.

Guess, you can't have everything!

Lee
    Grand Cayman

Lee: Glad you are coming to Orlando for AFKAPS. Looking forward to meeting in person.

Lee
    Sansai
    Yes, Sheila and I have now made our Orlando hotel reservations - I'd be honoured to meet you...

I am told I look a great deal like JR..

Of course, younger, far more handsome and without that ornery judgemental attitute that koi judges so often effect at koi shows...

Seriously, I too would be pleased to meet you as well.

Possibly, we can convince Brian to sponsor a Koi Bito meeting room, a welcome cocktail party or a breakfast for all of his frequent board posters...so that we can meet one another and praise his publication and/or this wonderful opportunity to share our appreciation for this shared experience?

Maybe, even if he chooses to ignore my suggestion, we can take it upon ourselves to schedule a "get-together" of sorts?

Would you and those others attending find this idea of interest?

Lee
    Grand Cayman

There is already going to the an Internet Message Board meet and greet room at the show (set up per the request of some on the KoiVet message board). Many of the same people post on several of these boards, so you should be able to recognize many of the names.

Nisai
    Henry's right Lee. I'll be looking forward to seeing you and Sheila again. We still have an unfinsihed e-mail I need to talk to you about. You will find it quite intereseting. When do you get in? Henry, Graham and myself will be there Thursday. Bring some old clothes and you can help us with set up and then we'll do a little wine and dine afterwards and catch up on things. I don't think Jim arrives till Friday. Got plenty of board people to introduce you to when you have time. I intend to be much more available this year than past years as the biggest part of my job should be complete before I get there and then I'll just be providing spuratic help.

Rod L.

Lee
    Sansai
    Gosh, you have to admit this opportunity of sharing information is incredible, isn't it?

I continue to remain impressed by what is exchanged.

My having the delightfully sought opportunity to meet those who are 'now' only names on a message board of a koi site and who I feel I have known for years due to our having the same focus, interest and affection and kinship for koi; is something we should all be grateful for...yes?

Maybe, we need set a particular time to 'all' meet? Or, perhaps we need commit to wearing name badges or funny hats or rings through our noses - so that we recognize each other would be a potentially good idea?

I'd really hate to attend this eagerly awaited koi show and then stupidly pass by 'anyone' whose name and personality I've come to look forward to knowing and (then) not know them by first sight...

Wouldn't you?

Rod. Regarding your e-mail that I've not replied to...Yes, of course, I would like to have you count upon me. If where I live and my distance and my demanding travel schedule, wouldn't disqualify me?

And, to those whose "butts" are frozen off elsewhere in this world...it was in the high 80's today in Grand Cayman. And, not a cloud in the sky.

It was also a beautiful day for the beach to those who had the time.

And, if you're still looking thru a sheet of ice towards your beloved koi, my own pond water has again risen to 79.6.F.

Yes, of course, I feel ashamed 'rubbing it in', as I have above. However, those who haven't yet come for a visit or have not begun planning their trip to our beautiful island - 'you' deserve it!

With affection to you all ~

I respectfully remain,

Lee
    Grand Cayman

Jumbo
    Joy is in the human heart my friend not in the temperature! A greeting card from New Jersey! JR

well gang, it shouldn't be too long and we'll start getting some feed back from the bakki tower filters experiments. carl said today when I talked to him that he had a few packets left in his first container of media and the second container about half presold. he is having the stackable trays made here in america with a few improvements he picked up from his trip to the UK. I will be placing an order of BH to run in my trickle towers, so hopefully will have something to report. SMG hopefully will still be involved
    and hope to hear from others. I don't fault JR for being skeptical but it will be nice to get collective input from those using the media right here in our own backyard.

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast