Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: bakki towers

Tosai
    Does anyone know if ORP tests have been made by anyone that is known to this board on water as it goes into a Bakki Shower and as it comes out? And if so what the difference in those readings are?

Maurice knows a guy called Raad, that avidly tests ORP. After using Bacteria House in one of Maurice's trickle towers, his ORP rose from 300 to 350 in a week, and I believe now stays at that level. I know that Raad reads this board from time to time, so hopefully he will see this and post.

Mike.

Mark,

Is there a reason why your changing from the 'stacking boxes' to a proper Bakki shower system?

Thought the see through boxes with BH media inside were a great talking point and seemed to work very well. What will be gained except looking 'proper'?

When will 'Dad' be installing the new showers, or has he already done so?

Jumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    In reply:

Hummmmm.....

Mark is most probably right. He is usually right. He is near always correct. He is incredibly insightful and bright. And, undoubtedly he is 'spot on' once again.

Lee

Grand Cayman

Lee

In the UK we have a saying, 'sarcasm is the lowest form of wit!'

Jumbo
    Bob

Coz they look proper.

Yes I shall get the handy man to fit them, as we speak a custom return tray is under construction.

Mark,

Put the boxes to one side, I'll pick them up when I get my Koi. Presume there's nothing wrong with them, pay you what they cost you, may save me fiddling about a bit. I'm happy with 'non-proper' (cheap)!

Leave that old discoloured media in them, I'm sure I can make use of it somewhere.

Jumbo
    Bob

No problem, you're welcome to the boxes.

Media, it may be the season of goodwill but no chance :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Mark

BAKKI MANIA

Mark,

I read your flourish back and forth with those who live on the right side of the "pond" and it makes me wish I did too!

Still looking to learn "teach' ,so tell me about your new custom tray that you are having built to direct the flow. I'm still trying to grasp all the ins and outs before the media gets here and i can get access to it.

I haven't graduated to the stainless steel trays yet due to $$$$ concerns.

So I'm trying to come up with something that looks homemade but works for the time being. Mark, Did I understand you went with the trays really for proper look only or was there some other reasons?

For all the readers of this post pls pick this idea of mine apart with any seen or preceived flaw/flaws in it:

Looking at a 55 gallon barrel of plastic to cut in half lengthwise. I would stabilize the trays with a 2" pvc pipe frame and drill holes in the bottom part of the barrel to feed the layers of BH media. I think i then want to protect from spitter-spatter on three sides with a clear acrylic splash guard over the outside of the pvc frame. the barrels and splash guard held against the pvc frame with stainless steel screws. I intend to place this over the top of the pond and drop directly on the the surface. (in lieu of Mark's feed tray idea which is best? direct splash down or re-direct?)

Thank you all who have contributed to this thread. ( if it wasn't for that mean publisher that put this idea in my head, I'd have blissfully been enjoying the holidays instead of working myself up into a slather!)LOL!

Lee
    Sansai

Sarcastic?

Mark,

I assure you, I was not attempting to insult you...I apologise if you believed otherwise...

Lee

Grand Cayman

"BRITISH" West Indies

Dick,

You sound like myself, reasonably happy with what I've got - then along comes Bakki. Like you I've got no money, so how can I get it to work without going further into debt.

Mark did use some plastic see-through stacking boxes bought from a DIY shop. These are approx. 24" x 18" x 12" or thereabouts and Mark stacked them 3 high. He was usuing two of these towers and had 4.5 boxes of Bacteria house media in them. Quite a talking point when you saw them. He's now replacing them with a 'proper' system, although if the boxes could be hidden they would not look out of place. (hope you dont mind me decribing your current set-up on here Mark?)

Would you be putting the two half barrels one on top of the other to make a two tier tower?
    Regards, Bob
    ><{{{{> ><{{{{> ><{{{{>
    <}}}}>< <}}}}><

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast