Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: bakki towers

bakki towers

Well, I've been on a mission to learn as much as I can about this intriqueing method of producing quality water. some of you i have written direct to get your first hand experience and you have been gracious to share.

some of you i haven't heard that you have the system so i'd like to have you share on everything you learned from installing to operating to fine tuning! thank-you in advance. our distributor in the USA is expected to get his shipment of trays and media in around the first of the year so would like to be mentally prepared!

Jumbo
    Apologies Dick,

I have your mail but haven't got around to responding in full yet.

There is a load of stuff on Mike Snadens site www.yumekoi.com.

I have a set of Mike's stainless units to go onto my system in place of some temporary plastic box units which i had set up.

I'll respond to your mail later.

Mark

thanks Mark! will look forward to it. especially interested in your box set

up and what you learned. i have a feeling because of $$$ constrains,I'll

start with makeshift box and real media and then eventually graduate up to real deal.

Fry
    does any body know where you can order bacteria house media in the U.S. and how do they sell it? by the litre or cu. ft. ? I allready have some good plastic trays that will work, cant afford the stainless steel stuff just yet but I want to give it a try. any info is appreciated.

ED

Somerset, England. (land of the country bumpkin)
    Dick, I know you should have this photo on file, but I'll post it here for others to view.

This Bakki Shower set is sold by a very dubious dealer in the UK, a fat old man called Micky Snidden or something like that. He trades under the name of Yume Koi, www.yumekoi.com.

I must say all is going very sweetly with the system. I?m a bit hissed off, as I was hoping to bottle the bubbles, but I don?t seem to have enough

Maurice.

Somerset, England. (land of the country bumpkin)

PS

He's a very nice man who sells these shower sets, bacteria house media and koi at very realistic prices.

Thank you Mike.

You and Elisa have a merry Christmas, if I don't see you before,

Lots of love,

Maurice.

Maurice - geat photo of your Baaki shower. Question - how many trays does one use for the gallons in one's pond? As an example a 5000 gallon pond would need how many stainless steel trays? Thanks!

Hi Ed:

Carl Forss over at Keirin Koi is the exclusive imported for the US of Momotaro stuff. You can find him at http://www.keirinponds.com/ . From what I understand the bakki shower material should be coming in January. Let us know how things work out.

Jeff R.

Thanks Maurice. You have a happy Christmas too! Elisa says lots of love ;-)

I have just done yet another update to my Bakki Shower page, and will soon be posting FAQ's, and guidelines for installation and use of the Showers, and media. There are now around 35 to 38ish sets of Bakki Showers running in the UK, and every single user is happy with the results. Many of these people started with a 'mock-up' and then upgraded to the real thing. Keirin Koi's showers and media are en-route as we speak, and I believe that Carl will be visiting the UK in the next couple of weeks, for a pond tour to see for himself how well these systems are working.

Best regards,

Mike.

Lee
    Sansai
    In regard to the Bakki showers and Bacteria House media -

To those who know the system...

Please, tell me....can the system work as good if it is plumbed so that the return water which showers down from above is captured into a settling pool and from that retension pond, be (next) pumped back-up through a water fall...or, through a return pipe system back into the pond?

Or, does this filtration system and media (to be most effective) demand that the water come down out of the showers and immediately drop and flood directly back into the pond; as shown from the above photo?

As seen from all other photos previously seen using this same system..

It is my belief that for a commercial environment, this system might be ideal. However, for residential use, I feel - it is not very attractive if left out in the open, as herein shown...

Therefore, I want to know if there are alternative methods of returning the then filtered water without losing any of the effectiveness of the system or of the Bacteria House media...

Lee

Cayman Islands

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast