Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: vortex size

bil
    Tosai
    I don't disagree, but having seen one of my screens running, I am stunned at how much it removes, and how efficiently.

Don’t buckle in now Bill

We really can take it. Often the best solution comes out off several not so good ones. It most certainly seams like it on this end. We just finished one year off testing the last prototype off bottom drain. It’s the last off countless and we feel now the end of four long years. Its been tested alongside with others and now we finally got the one we once wanted to buy. We must confess that we are not that far on the filter bay side, but little by little….

What kind off mash do you use? We have maid some designed for mechanical strainer unit (not like yours inside an vortex). Have tried 50, 80 120, 200 and 400 micron. But even in a controlled environment, daily manned by Kichi’s like us they all clogged too quick compared to the TA400, which we run as a control unit on the same systems. The worst downside is the need for cleaning and growth in the mesh. Got a new type mesh in last week (have given up on AISI316). This one is normal used to remove small particles from paint. Hope to get better results with this one.

Are opting for a third line with solution soon but it would bee really nice with one off our own making that didn’t cut that deep in to a Kichi budget.
    Tone - Truls -Petter
    Vogata NI

bil
    Tosai
    I have tested 50 and 200 micron mesh. The problem is that if the screens are exposed to daylight, they will clog within the hour. If they are kept in the dark, they don't clog and can be run for weeks, if not longer before biofilm becomes a problem.

Were yours in the light or dark?

bil
    Tosai
    PS, the 200 micron is just fine nylon curtain, and costs almost nothing. The 50 micron was about £35 a sq metre, so a screen with that would cost under £50. Not bad for that level of filtration, eh?

Well Bill her goes ”industrial high-tech information”

I hope you have guessed what we are using as reference, wont advertise her and do think that there is an serious contender up in that price segment. Just haven’t gotten on in place yet, so the reference her will be just against this one. Again we are very sorry.

Inside 12 ton system + filter, heavy load (don’t ask), light exposure close to non. Placed in dark filter room with lid. Flushed once a day 25 seconds 75mm bore.

Reference cleaned every 6 month last time without level drop just as we where getting scared.

Mesh 50 – 400 at best ~18 days before level drop exceeded 10mm.

Outside 50 ton system + filter light load ~45 m3 exposed to sunlight in average 18 hours a day. Just tested a monitored over the summer season. Flushed at same times but more not so tight at schedule. Both lines getting same flush.

Strainer getting ~10% off surface cover with sun through blinder. Mounted so that sun will have accessed all off the screen after full cycle (24 h).

Reference cleaned every 4 ½ - 6 weeks time on level drop limit as for inside system.

Mesh 50 – 400 at best ~2 days before level drop limit.

Still at it dough

bil
    Tosai
    With ours on the 200 micron screen, it is in the dark, and runs for weeks and weeks without a problem or reduction in flow.

If you want a pic, email me at bil_wight@ntlworld.com and I'll send you a diagram. Put something about koi filters in the subject line, or it will just get deleted.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567