Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Pond construction begins

Sansai
    Unlike some other toxins, lead doesn't appear to bioaccumulate in the food chains of freshwater aquatic vertebrates--i.e., you don't find progressively greater amounts of lead as you move up the predator hierarchy due to big fish eating little fish. Such concentration as there is seems to be a function of the age of the organism, with lead concentrating in "hard tissues such as bone and teeth (Eisler 1981, 1984)" (reference 2). The primary biological effects on fish seem to be anemia, depressed blood enzyme levels, growth inhibition in young, and kidney and liver damage (reference 2).

Basicaly what the above says is that lead is absorbed by fish over a long period rather than being needed to be consumed.

As I said before, why take the risk when there are non-toxic metals that can be used just as easily?

Would this blower work/ Silencer Blower 1hp. 110 wolts, 7.0 amps?

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by koifishgirl
    Would this blower work/ Silencer Blower 1hp. 110 wolts, 7.0 amps?
    If you read this very thread you were told back in April/May to install a blower and told which type to use by Maurice et al.

Hey Bud, dont get smart with me, I have read it since Im the one who started it! You dont have to go with the blower that someone else wants you to buy, I am just asking if this blower will work, If not then I can get the one or another that would work.

I am glad that you are willing to help but I dont want to get in the fire with you guy, I cant stand the heat

Sansai

Thanks [email protected] now do you think the blower will work. Its cheaper than the sweetwater blower that I wanted to buy.

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by koifishgirl
    Thanks [email protected] now do you think the blower will work. Its cheaper than the sweetwater blower that I wanted to buy.
    I honestly have no idea, I'm afraid my experience with air blowers is non existant. All I know is what I read on here. I searched when I read your question and ended up back at this thread lol.

I'm afraid you will have to wait for one of the breeder types to post, sorry.

I have never seen or used Silencer. Good price though. The amp draw and air flow seem comparable to regenerative blowers. You could ask if it is rated for continuous duty. Let me know if it works out. Thanks for the PM.

-steve

Somerset, England. (land of the country bumpkin)

Smile

Daz, I'm amazed this thread goes on!

There are some nice folk helping this gal, but I find it hard reading sometimes.

Stay cool, I try to

Maurice.

Maurice, you are not in the boat alone as sometimes I also find it hard reading. No joke, Im not the best with english and my spelling leaves a lot to be desired, but some of you guys can get way above my head. Im blind to pond construction and raiseing koi in that inviorment, its like a bady takeing his first steps, its a whole lot to learn for a new comer, Im glad this thread is going on as I still have a long way to go before I can become productive. Can you remember where you were when you first started?

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast