Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pond construction begins

Pond construction begins

Hi guys this is the start of the pond construction. You cant really tell about pond depth from pics or really pond size. I will keep posting pics of progress.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pond construction begins-mvc-005s.jpg   Pond construction begins-mvc-006s.jpg   Pond construction begins-mvc-007s.jpg  

more pictures of the small farm to be
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pond construction begins-mvc-001l.jpg   Pond construction begins-mvc-002l.jpg   Pond construction begins-mvc-003l.jpg   Pond construction begins-mvc-004l.jpg  

Good Luck for the works, it's not easy to realise the deap of the pond but that seems really big.
    What kind of filtration are you planing to use ?

These will be natural mud ponds so no filteration will be needed fresh water will be supplied with the well.

wow use some of that dirt to build up sides. How deep will they be? Or are they just for frys? Very nice though and envious.... Joe

The pond size is 12x50x4 with a surface are of 25 foot. I will be using the ponds for fry and growout ponds. I hope to sell most of the koi by the time they are 6 inches and only hold on to the best two grow out. Will be building 4 this spring and 4 end of summer and 4 next spring and 4 end of summer. Total of 16 ponds. The property around two sides is for sale and I am thing about getting a few more acres to go with what I have. Just considering at this time. If I can get all I need done in the next two summers I will be happy.

Joe dont be to envious as this is costing me out my butttttttt! Just using spare change. I hate to see the time I am going to really have to dig deep No really I am pulling every dime from every area I can find. It is using all my extra money and no new shirts and pants and shoes, no new hair dues and you can really tell I need a fix up. Gotta go on a diet to as I can tell from the pic I look like crap.

Envious anyhow.. LOL I heard land was cheap out in GA. I heard good for mudponds as well. Where did you say yo uhad 2 acres to buy? and How much. I'll buy it so you can play on it with a mud pond.

What you must want me to work your mud ponds, anyway you can buy two acres for 20 grand if you got it. For me I dont think that is cheap. Play all day if I could but real work takes it from me. I keep telling myself just five more years till I can be in a world of total bliss.

Nice start. .... Dig deeper.

Why deeper? I dont plan on keeping my koi over 6 inches. Help me on this one as I was under the impression that 4 foot was all I needed for the fry and grow out ponds.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast