Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Polyurea Spray Liner Pond

The tent was not up until 5pm, so the day was lost. But, the crew still has hours that will be spent into the evening getting ready for tommorow. They are tired and frustrated that they are now more than a day behind schedule, but in good humor and determined. I'm pleased we've gotten this far despite rain, concrete shortages, etc.

You may have read that polyurea can be sprayed on water. It can be. But, that can result in bubbling and adversely affect the end result. We want the interior pond surfaces to be no more than slightly damp. So, a fan will will be placed in the pond overnight to dry it out. ... hoping no strong winds interfere! We have other surface preparation to do before the spraying occurs. I'm trying to re-schedule my work commitments so I can witness it all... and play photographer.

Think good thoughts that Mother Nature cooperates.

Day 10: The rain held off overnight. It is overcast. Rain is forecasted. The yard is still muddy. But, in the pond it is pretty dry as a result of the fan blowing overnight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01766.jpg  

Mike, how long does it take to spry that size of pond? and the chances are of spraying it today?

Last nights pics made me get a drink I was tired just looking at the photos. Hats off to your workers! They aint no ordinary crew. I know if it were here and the surfs up they would not be found working. LOL

Joe

Returns have been cut flush to the wall. All returns and drains have been sealed with epoxy. The purpose is two-fold. Anything that penetrates the shell is epoxied to be certain no leaks appear around fittings. Also, concern about polyurea delaminating from plastic surfaces, like pvc pipe, is eliminated. Polyurea adheres well to epoxy surfaces.

So, hoping the rain continues to hold off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01768.jpg  

Good Morning, Joe .... you are really up early!

If the rain holds off, the spray will be done today. With the tent up, a light sprinkle of rain should not matter. A big storm like the ones that came through yesterday would cause a problem. Too much wind, etc to do things right. Just gotta wait and see.

Nisai

Mike

You are probably on pin and needles. A couple more days and water in the pond? How long does it take for polyurea to cure before pond can be filled? Thanks for posting. I log on every couple of hours to see the progress.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM
    Good Morning, Joe .... you are really up early!

If the rain holds off, the spray will be done today. With the tent up, a light sprinkle of rain should not matter. A big storm like the ones that came through yesterday would cause a problem. Too much wind, etc to do things right. Just gotta wait and see.

Yup early to catch pics of your progress. Kidding! It was raining here so the noise usually keeps me up. so might as well get up and see what kinda pics MikeM is posting.

Yer pond is looking great and I am envious. So now its done and fall harvest is coming do you have any plans to make a trip across the pond?

Joe

Hey Mike, congrats on 1000 POSTS!!!! Nice pond keep the pics coming!!!

The rains have stayed away this morning. Justin & Taylor finished up their work, and made a nice pad around the Bakki Shower. (Maybe a pic of that later.) So, they are gone & it feels a bit lonely being down to a crew of two.

Kerry bgan this morning by cleaning out remaining bits of "stuff" in the pond. Then taped over the facing edge of the flagstone along the top of the pond.

Then the entire interior surface was covered in a coat of epoxy as a primer.

Looks like we'll spray this afternoon!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01772.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01773.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01774.jpg  

Redhot: The polyurea is dry to the touch almost immediately. Within minutes it is tough as nails. It actually does not complete its strengthening for a couple of weeks, but can be filled with water the same day and be ready for the fish. We still have filtration assembly to complete, etc., so no fish in the pond right away.

Joe: No travel in my future ... except planning to go to KoiAmerica show. All my plane tix are made of mortar and flagstone right now.

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast