Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Polyurea Spray Liner Pond

RobR: We lucked out. Just as I was posting the pics of the spraying, it began raining with a vengeance. I drove to the office in a driving rain.

Joe: What's next? ... Well, it's time for water!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01795.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01796.jpg  

While I handled some papers that could not wait, John got a hose running from our irrigation line. (No sewer tax on it, so fairly inexpensive.) The pics show about 1800 gallons per our meter. Sometime before dawn we'll know how many gallons it can take.

As for fully functional, well ... John says he will be done by Saturday morning with his multitude of remaining tasks, assuming rain, hail & tornados stay away.

While the focus has been on spraying, John has been proceeding with the plumbing and filtration. Each Nexus has its own Sequence pump, and a third is in place to serve the bead filter. (It will be moved into the pit at the end, since it is filtering the holding tank right now.) And, we have a water tap (operational) from the irrigation line into the pit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01797.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01798.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01799.jpg  

One thing we've done that I think is nifty is on the sump. Notice that there are two pipes coming out of it? Each goes to a sump pump set at different levels. If the first pump malfunctions (or we get catastrophic flooding), the second pump will switch on .... some protection against getting all the equipment flooded out . Carl sets it up this way, and it may not be anything new to others, but I'd not seen or heard of dual sump pumps being used in this manner. My goal of independent systems came from concern about compromising flows when mutiple lines come together/split-off, and wanting to minimize the problems when something fails. I've had a pump just give out, and it happens when I'm out of town or otherwise unable to deal with it. So, this piece of insurance against all the Sequence pumps getting submerged was one that really appealed to me.

More little fun things to come as John progresses. Now, I'm going to go watch the water run in!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01800.jpg  
    Last edited by MikeM; 05-05-2005 at 07:31 PM. Reason: correct typo

And at 7:30pm, it was at 3600 gallons. I'm starting to think John eyeballed correctly at around 12,000. We'll see.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01801.jpg  

It's now after 8:30pm, and dark as a result of the cloud cover. We're at 4700 gals in the pond. But, so much for watching water run. While I've been watching the water meter, John has assembled the Bakki Shower, inconspicuously placed below the top of the fence and partially screened.

I had planned to plumb for the Bakki, but postpone getting it for a year. My wife encouraged me to go ahead with it (and get everything done & over ). I do not accept much of the extreme claims made for the Bakki Shower, but the folks I know who have it do sing its praises. Whether it is the degassing efficiencies (my belief), or the "magic rays" from the Bacteria House media (LOL), I cannot say, but it made sense as a different form of filtration complimentary to the other systems on the pond. We'll see over time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01805.jpg  
    Last edited by MikeM; 05-05-2005 at 10:01 PM. Reason: correct typo

Fry

Mike

What an awesome looking pond! I met Carl and Kerry in Orlando and was extremely impressed with their organization and capabilities. You are in good hands with Keirin Ponds.

I am looking forward to working with them in the future.

JoeW

Congratulation and thank for all the pict you sent, the number of replies and vieuws in only one week, gives an idea of the interest and the pleasure you gave to everybody. Maybe you should receive a price for that ....

Marco

Nisai
    Mike

The pond is looking great!!! Can't wait to see your fish swimming in their new home. In the picture showing the Nexus plumbed to the pump.

What size Sequence Primer are you using?
    Is that Flex PVC used to create the large radius elbow or is it something else?

I wish i could afford to let a pro install my pond it would defnitely be Carl and his crew. I'm glad he is only 1 hour away from me. I was at his shop the Saturday before he came down to your place. He did mention he was going down to build a pond in Orlando. I was excited when i found this thread showing this whole installation.

Thanks
    Andy

Redhot: On each Nexus the 4200PRM is being used. On the bead filter (still to be installed) is a 6000PRM. I think you are referring to the gray pipe incorporated in the Nexus plumbing? ... good question. I know it is not flex PVC, but had to ask John just what it is. He has used a 90 degree electrical conduit sweep. He tells me that some say the electrical conduit contains a UV inhibitor that is possibly harmful to fish, but that he has been using these sweeps for a long time w/o any problems and that it is the best thing he has found for this connection with minimal friction loss involved. I might want to inquire further into it if a lot of it was being used, but since it is just a few pieces in the system, I'm willing to rely on the good past experience.

We've got water! The pond is now full, with all filters filled. The metered volume is 12,460 gallons! ... John wins the guessing game.

Actually, the bead filter is not included in the calculation. I'll need to look up how many gallons are in the Aquadyne to get a true total, but we will be a little over 12,500. ...I'm about ready to dance a jig over that!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01806.jpg  

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast