Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Polyurea Spray Liner Pond

The tent is still up and should be removed this afternoon. Notice how blue it looks? That is accurate color. The polyurea is gray, but light refraction or whatever is giving a blue as a pool appearance. I'm sure we'll see green in a few days, once full sun is on it!

Meanwhile, the filters are not all ready to operate, but will be in another day. Right now just the Bakki Shower is operating. This compact unit gives a nice trickling sound. Not as loud as the gushing water inlet I had on my old pond, despite the fact the Bakki handles a lot more volume. I'm more pleased with it than I thought I'd be.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01807.jpg  

Looking great Mike... Congratulations! and it has gone so fast??? !!! Lucky having Keirin and crew working there in Florida... Can't wait to see the rest of the progress..

Most of this afternoon will be focused on plumbing connections and various odds 'n ends. I'll check for something interesting to post, but there may not be much until tomorrow.

Hey, Bob. Yep! ... but, I don't have a rocky mountain to contend with!

Carl is a tad frustrated that it will take 11 days to be fully operational with the fish back in the pond, but I couldn't be happier. If you get a swimming pool built around here, it takes 6-8 weeks even though they advertise 30 days. (You learn later they mean 30 working days.) The polyurea and type of construction is the key ... avoiding long cure times, etc. Of course, if the crew had not worked 12+ hour days when the rain allowed, we'd still be stacking block.

Tategoi
    Mike M.

As I've said often, "What a great project"... Love that filter pit, although the pumps sitting on the floor are a little disconcerting....

One more question, what type of power back up do you have for the system and where is it located?

Thanks, Mike T

MikeT: No power back-up. My wife is asking about it, too. So, maybe down the road. There will probably be lots of gas generators for sale as soon as hurricane season arrives in late June.

Here's a neat little thing John has done. A section of clear pipe on the Nexus waste line so you can see what is getting flushed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01808.jpg  

Tategoi
    Mike:

I was watching "This Old House" and they showed a "Barn House" which was under renovation... Part of the renovation included a fully automated, natural gas fed, back up generator... While the one on the show generated 23,000 kws of power, the contractor said that you could get a 15,000 kws generator for around $3,000... That's enough power to run your whole house plus pond...

Went back and looked at your filter pit layout...It concerns me that water running on the floor of the pit passes under a pump which looks like it's also on the floor to get to the sump 3-6" away... If that's that the final layout, you may want to raise that puppy off the floor by 6" on a non conductive surface...

My concern is not just that you'll loose the pumps, but that you, your wife or kids could get electrocuted on a damp floor if the GFIC malfunctions... Remember, Murphy is always lurking...

Aloha! Mike

Mike,
    Surely you mean 15 kw (15,000 watts) and not 15,000 KW. That's enough to run a whole neighborhood and have some left over to heat the pacific ocean

B.Scott

Mike, could you tell us how many luky koļ will be in the future in your pond and theirs actually size?

How will you start all the filters for their bacteriological population ?

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast