Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Polyurea Spray Liner Pond

Tategoi
    B. Scott:

You've caught me again...Yes it's 15,000 watts or 15 KW... Gomenasai...

Aloha! Mike

MikeT: Some good thoughts. Thanks. I'll see what I might do.

Meanwhile, Carl has arrived to help John finish up. The filter pit is getting more full by the minute ..... the bead filter is being installed as I post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01843.jpg  

So Mike what did you opt for as a fines remover for your nexus filters? Foam block, EAsy static K or the Answer?
    B.Scott

To help get the biological systems jump-started, HenryC came over with a 5 gal bucket of used kaldnes which I happily traded 5 gal. of brand new kaldnes. Who but koikeepers could get excited about trading away new for old?

Meanwhile, the holding tank has become deep green with algae. We have pumped about 2400 gallons of algified water into the pond. Here I am in the holding tank ready to catch koi. The water is emerald green.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01816.jpg  
    Last edited by MikeM; 05-07-2005 at 03:33 PM. Reason: clarification

I net/bowl them, get them in a bag, and Henry does the honors of getting each to the pond. Here he is holding Junior, who was hatched in my lily pond almost 12 years ago. She may not be much quality-wise, but she has taken all the abuse of my learning and is very special to me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01823.jpg  

When the koi were caught 12 days ago, there were two that appeared to have injuries. So, I asked Henry to bring along his kit for injecting. However, the only signs of injury were some faded areas on a Sanke and a white scale on another. Was it my imagination in the rush to get them into the holding tank that they had scraped themselves? Or, did the green water help then heal? Don't know. I do panic whenever anything seems odd with a fish!

Here's Henry about to place the first one in the new pond ... Magnifico, my daughter's favorite.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01814.jpg  

Brady, if you are lurking, you may recall this Showa from pics last summer in a 27" tub. The Sumi is doing O.K., I think. Henry estimated the length at 23" now, but we did not take time to measure. Not bad for one that was about 11" in March 2004.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01825.jpg  

Dick: Here's Vamp! ...She has not grown as rapidly as some of my koi, but slowly & steadily she just gets longer without much bulk (yet). She is now approaching 24". Some may recall her from the Marusada Showa thread from a year or so ago.

Notice that the pond is no longer "blue like a swimming pool". All the algified water pumped in has made it a soft green-blue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01830.jpg  

Well, I've used up my photo space again! I've deleted an old photo in an old thread to create a little space. .... So, here is Vamp's release into the blue-green water.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01831.jpg  

And here is the school of my 9 koi now happily swimming among the bubbles of the diffusers.

Work on the filtration system is continuing. So more pics later ... if Brian can give me some more space (or maybe I'll masquerade as MikeM2, if I can get the photos to reload in the guest port of the home computer .)

This has been a great project so far. Not just the pond (which has matched or exceeded everything I hoped to do), but all the truly good people who have been involved, all the personal e-mailers lurking out there ....I'm getting a bit sad to be nearing the end.

But, not quite done yet!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01837.jpg  

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast