Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Polyurea Spray Liner Pond

Tosai
    ..... and tomorrow I'll see if I can remember which valve controls what.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01852.jpg  

Tosai
    Thanks, guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01855.jpg  

I don't dare say Mike. It could be the Static K or perhaps the skimmer with a TT I installed last spring (though it didn't help last summer). Maybe it's a combination of several things, who know? All that really counts is it appears to be (knock on wood) disappearing. At this point I will have to wait and see what happens but I can absolutly live with things as they are at this moment... Oh Yes!

The finished pond is a real jewel Mike. I hope both you and the fish have many years of pleasure from it! Fantastic job.

Now that we seem to have reached the end of the tale I just want to say...
    Thanks alot for taking the time to post all the pictures for us to enjoy (I HATE the expression "Thanks for sharing") It's an entertaining and educational post. Well done!

B.Scott
    Semper in excreta, sumus solum profundum variat

Lee
    Sansai

Where is our invitation to the party?

Yo'

I've been looking in my e-mail in-box and in my mail box...and, I haven't yet found my invitation to the party.

Sheila and I hope you've not forgotten to add our names to the celebration party?

Best wishes,

Lee
    Grand Cayman

Lee, when I get around to the hardscape & landscape around the pond, you will definitely be invited. It may take about 10 months ... Hmmmm, I assume you and the beautiful Sheila once more will be coming to the 2006 Central Florida Koi Show in Orlando? I should be done just about that time.

Wow, what a great pond!

Mike,

I am exhausted with just reading the complete thread all at ONCE! I am so glad that you decided to post the pictures. Don't forget to make a slide presentation for one of the next club meetings! And a small booklet handout.

Looks great! I can't wait to see it in person - next club board meeting?

Jeff

PS- B.Scott, I would love to hear more about your DIY screen filter on your vortex.

Thumbs up

Thanks Mike,

Really enjoyed whatching the progress and are going to miss the updates.
    Looks great and I also hope you and you're fish will be very happy with the new pond and they will grow to their full potential.
    Well done
    Jaco

Lee
    Sansai

Hey, Mike...if I have to wait that long, I will. However....

Mike

What if you gave a party...and, each invitee had to bring you one plant?Sounds good to me, as then you could move the celebration date forward by possibly ten months...yes?

Indeed, I know what' it's like doing a new pond.

I have been working on my newest pond project for a little over two years...now.

Hurricane Ivan which last September destroyed 'us' seriously delayed my own newest pond completion - until who know's when (except for the bits and bob's which I have been able to complete during the subsequent seven months).

Thus, seeing your pond come out of the ground and finished has been 'super' spectacular and I guess we all feel a partner in your success...and, in your happiness.

Therefore, if you insist that we have to wait until next Orlando show, I will..."reluctantly".

With only happiness for you...and, your family,

I remain -

Lee
    Grand Cayman

Jeff,
    More than happyto tell you all about the conversion to static kaldnes but at the risk of repeating myself ad nausium I will post you a link to Duncan Griffith's board where the complete story of my varried attemps can be found along with more pictures and details.

http://11.freebb.com/viewtopic.php?t...oiunleashedcou

Another long read I'm afraid!

B.Scott

Jeff: Why do a program? Everyone can just log on for Koi-Bito.

Jaco: I kinda miss not having more to report. But, now it is the mundane stuff of breaking in a new pond. The water turns greener by the hour. I'll start testing for ammonia/nitrite/nitrate this evening. I'm hoping that using mature media in the bead filter, plus the volume of nearly 1,400 gal. per fish, will get it cycled without a problem. The green water will be what I have to watch carefully.

The koi went through a 14 day fast in warm temperatures (holding tank was over 80F one day) before going into the pond on Saturday. Sunday morning I gave them a couple of pellets apiece. Only the 2 tosai acquired in March ate with any gusto. Most of the fish did not eat at all. Sunday evening a few pellets apiece resulted in all but 3 of the larger fish eating at least one pellet. Again, the tosai ate eagerly and 3 of the larger fish showed a decent appetite, while rest pretty much ignored the food. This morning all but 2 ate at least one pellet, with the tosai again being eager to eat while the larger ones were very lazy about eating. There are no apparent health issues. Just needing to adjust to a very different environment, I think, after a difficult period of vibrations, noise, etc. etc. They are very skittish when walking by the pond, but calm if sitting still nearby. I think all will be well in a week or so. One curious thing is that they are swimming close to the surface and rarely venture to the bottom. In the old shallower pond, they were usually close to the bottom, but, then, that was also close to the surface.

I could post pics of getting rid of the holding tank, old pipe and unwanted paraphrenalia from the old pond, and all the little tasks of getting "back to normal", but I think that would be a real bore!

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast