Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Polyurea Spray Liner Pond

How's that for getting as close to the house as possible?

Thursday April 28 was Day 3. Here's the guys at the bottom of the new crater plumbing bottom drains.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01658.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01659.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01660.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01661.jpg  

And for the rest of Day 3's accomplishments, you'll have to wait until I take the next round of early morning shots. Day 4 is going to be a blistering hot day in the sun.

Hey, Luke. I'll not be getting Carl in front of a camera very soon, because he has flown back north (or somewhere) to attend to other things. The guys on the job are a pleasure to work with and know their stuff. I'm sure Carl won't be needed, but he does get regular progress reports. He has his cell phone glued to his ear at all times. His physical presence is unnecessary, and his knowledge is literally on call 24/7.

As for what is coming, you'll just have to wait 'n see. But, it is a puddle compared to Lake Luke.

So the race it on! You got a head start Luke but Mike M seems to be catching up FAST.

That was a nice landscape you had there Mike. I'm sure it will be again, but it must hurt to see everything being crushed. All very exciting though.

-steve

Yes, Steve, the landscape imposed limitations on the work. Notice any turning radius for the heavy equipment? LOL I think nearly a day has been added so far just because of the cramped quarters and a few rain showers.

Here's this morning's shots:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01664.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01665.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01666.jpg  

I was asked in a private message about the holding tank. It is being filtered with the pre-existing bead filter. I am not sure how the fish are taking the stress of vibrations etc., especially since the heavy equipment was moving within a couple of feet of the tank, but the water tests ammonia-free. To prevent jumping, the tank is tightly covered, with the in-flow going through the cover rather than under it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01663.jpg  

What a big project Mike, congratulation.
    I wish you a good weather all next month so the works can go easier and faster

HI Mike the other pond was beautiful, may I ask why you wanted to change the pond? It looked to be a very big pond. How big is this pond? I am glad you decided to share the work with us as I have not had a look at your pond before and now I know what it looked like before you tore it up and will know what the new one will look like. Must be nice to have plenty of money to do a project like this, it hurts just thinking about it, it cost more than my mud ponds being built.

I got to meet Carl at the Atlant Koi Show last September and I really liked him, that man works hard. He was bowling his koi to sell to customers after his long trip and done it like he had rested all night. I dont know how he had the energy to even get up out of a chair. Nice guy. When I notice that Keirin Koi was there I was so happy, I got me a koi for him and placed him in the show.

I would like to see your koi, if you have room how about takeing some shots of them. You dont live that far from me and one day I might just be in your area and I could stop by and see the pond and koi in person. Now I would really love that. How about it?

Tosai
    Mike, you lucky guy. I was at Keirin Ponds last December for the opening of his 20,000 gallon indoor pond. At that time I went to a demonstration of the spray on liner; it looks like the best pond liner of all to me.

Phoebe

Blog Entries
    Hey Mike what is the cost of this project? I mean if you dont mind me asking. I have a guy here in San Jose that is pretty much doin the same thing as Carl...and told me that 15mins after spraying the pond with the stuff you can fill it with water.....

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast