Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Polyurea Spray Liner Pond

Tosai
    Got home before dark and took a couple of shots. The stone is laid out one piece at a time. Then the mason "muds" them in place, putting a mortar mix under each to get it to the desired elevation. Since the stone is different thicknesses, each has to be leveled individually. It is tedious, but I'll be living with them for a lot of years to come (hopefully! )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc02004.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc02005.jpg  

Mike, you need one of those koi manhole covers like in Niigata to cover your savio skimmer industrial cover

Great stonework... I liek the colors the pond looks really good. You a lucky guy Mike...

Joe

Tosai
    On the back side of the pond, a layer of cement has been poured to create a base. Small flagstones create a "form" for the cement. The idea is to have the exposed edges be stone, rather than looking like a layer of stone on top of a layer of cement when seen from the side... which is how it would look if wood forms had been used.

I'm hoping next month the work will be done. Then I can plant ground covers that will have the "feel" of being pondside: ferns and bromeliads under the camellias, and iris-like plantings where there is more sun. No plants in the pond, of course; but I'd like to have an impression of the plantings and the pond being inter-related. We'll see.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc02006.jpg  

Tosai
    Well, Joe, just wait until the stone is exposed to the elements for 6 months ... algified stone will not be quite so pink, but maybe some moss where folks don't walk?

Great Idea Joe....

O.K., guys. You get Savio to make them and I'll buy two.

Tosai
    The flagstone was finished the Thursday before Labor Day. (We had the rear walkway and patio re-surfaced with flagstone while we were at it, so it took longer than I'd have liked, but it did get done. I have had a heavy work schedule lately, but I took this weekend off to get the pond area in shape ... and got most things done. So, Lee, here's the pics you requested.

First, the approach to the pond.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc02171.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc02170.jpg  

Tosai
    Looking toward the path to the filter pit & utility area. ...(you aren't supposed to see it. )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc02172.jpg  

Tosai
    The walkway around the pond has a cozy, comfortable feel because of the shade structure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc02173.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc02174.jpg  

Tosai
    The spot I like best during the hot of the afternoon is by the Bakki. A nice sound and the shade is cooler there than elsewhere... a different perspective.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc02175.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc02176.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc02177.jpg  

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast