Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Polyurea Spray Liner Pond

The remaining courses of block are in place. Most have been filled with concrete. And some of the return pipes are mortared into place.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01692.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01695.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01696.jpg  

You know you are making progress when the filtration begins to be installed. A skimmer sits where it will be installed, and across the way the opening in the block for a second skimmer can be seen. (I really like the "full view" pic. It is the first I've taken that gives a good idea of the final pond will be like.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01689.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01698.jpg  

In the photos above you can see the two large returns (with the roll of flex pipe on the ground above). Just past the flex pipe is an opening between the camellias ... that is the pathway to the Bakki Shower unit. The base is installed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01694.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01693.jpg  
    Last edited by MikeM; 05-02-2005 at 08:41 AM. Reason: correct typo

I do not like the look of the Bakki Showers, but I figure that it will be inobtrusive behind the camellias. If not, I guess I'll have to find another camellia to plant.

I have about used up my allotted photo space. Most of the photos from the Central Florida Koi Show in March have been deleted to free up space, and the rest will have to go soon. Then I'll go back and delete the "local color" photos from this thread (like the tree frog) to recapture space. Then I'll delete photos that are largely duplicative. So, if there is something you want to keep for reference, best to print it soon.

If the rain holds off, Day 6 should be a good one.

Thanks Mike,

Always good to see how to build a proper koi pond,never know when you might need the info. Also interesting to see at what speed it is done.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Jaco

Tategoi
    Great job documenting progress Mike. I always forget to take the before and during pics. Thanx for shareing.

Kiefer

Tategoi
    Hey Mike:

Sorry but the more pictures you post the more questions I have...

Today's question: In post 36 re: grouting of cells, you show Justin with a hose putting water into a cell... Did you guys pour the sackqrete dry into the cells then add the water? I see them doing it for posts on the H&G channel...

Two comments: You may want to delete the frog picture on post 40 as soon as you can before Steve C sees it and blows it away taking your flex hose with it...

Bakki Shower Pan...Once you install you BS if you start hearing a constant burping sound coming from the pan it's probably because you have too many drains...The pan I made had three 2" drains to ensure maximum flow back to the pond. Unfortunately not enough water was going down the three drains so they kept burping the air which was also being drawn into them...covered two of the drains and the burping stopped...

Aloha! Mike

The rain has held off, so quite a bit of progress this morning. Here is Justin using a concrete saw to remove the web in the top course of block so rebar can be added to the rim before the last fill of concrete.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01701.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01702.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01703.jpg  

And the sun began to come out this afternoon as plumbing in the filter pit proceeded (John measuring twice) and the skimmers get installed (Justin measuring twice).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01705.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01704.jpg  

MikeT: Some of the block cells were filled with pre-mixed, and some done with the mixing occuring in the block. Do not know if that method would be appropriate with all ready-made concrete mixes, but it works with this product.

As for the frog, if he can catch one, he is welcome to do as he pleases. But showing him the flex hose may bring on a lecture on the physics of friction within the curves ... not sure if if my brain cells could take it all in right now!

Well, back to the hard work of pulling some weeds in the shade while the guys work in the sun.
    Last edited by MikeM; 05-02-2005 at 08:43 AM. Reason: correct typo

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast