Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Polyurea Spray Liner Pond

I've heard of folks who have had problems with installation of Savio skimmers due to the weight when filled with water. This skimmer has been placed on a concrete base. It is then incorporated into the pond wall. Here you can see rebar being placed to join the unit to the wall when concrete is poured. Then the sides are mortared. These skimmers are not moving without a stick of dynamite.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01706.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01707.jpg  

Later, in the filter pit, holes have been drilled into the floor slab to accomodate rebar and "legs" are being built to support Nexus units at the appropriate level. Some plumbing will be laid under the units.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01709.jpg  

Like I said above, in an ideal world there would be room to make the pit wider. .... Think there'll be room for maintenance? ... Yep. But have to stay in single file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01713.jpg  

And, back at the pond the ground is graded to get proper slope ... slightly over one foot decline from base of pond wall to bottom drain. A modest "hump" will run between the bottom drains.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01712.jpg  

That's all the pics for today. I'll try to get morning shots of the status, but may have to be in the office early. If there is anything you would like photographed, let me know.

Your doing great! That filter is the biggest filter I have ever layed eyes on. That is what I would like to see a lot of pics of, how it works and what has to be done to maintain the thing, how long it would take to clean and what all is going in, and how often do you have to clean, or if it is self cleaning ,also how the pond works, from the bottom drain all the way to the filter and bakke shower system. Would you flip a switch and flush the filter or do you do this by hand. If you have to take everything out of that filter it could be a all day job.

Tosai
    KFG: What you see are 2 Nexus filters set on top of one another ... needed them in the pit to get exact locations decided, and then moved them to the far wall of the pit to have room to construct the foundation legs on which each unit will be placed. The operation & maintenance of Nexus filters is a whole 'nother thread. Very easy maintenance once they are set up, etc. so long as using an Answer or EAzy for mechanical filtration as part of the unit. If you do a web search for "Nexus and koi", you'll find a lot of info on them.

Tosai
    ....ppsssst. Don't tell Brian I figured a way to get more photos posted. MikeM2 = MikeM. All it took was another e-mail address (of which I have too many at the moment), and using the "guest" port on the home computer.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM2
    KFG: What you see are 2 Nexus filters set on top of one another ... needed them in the pit to get exact locations decided, and then moved them to the far wall of the pit to have room to construct the foundation legs on which each unit will be placed. The operation & maintenance of Nexus filters is a whole 'nother thread. Very easy maintenance once they are set up, etc. so long as using an Answer or EAzy for mechanical filtration as part of the unit. If you do a web search for "Nexus and koi", you'll find a lot of info on them.
    Mike,

I've increased the attachment total size limit, so you don't have to post under a new name in order to attach photos anymore.
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

lol I cant stop laughing I did not figure out what you had done, I thought someone else had the same name and just put 2 so we could tell you guys apart. PPsssst dont tell anyone I am blond.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast