Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Polyurea Spray Liner Pond

Polyurea Spray Liner Pond

I was not going to post about my new pond project before I was sure I'd not embarrass all involved, but all is going so well that I just have to share. (Besides, I was encouraged by someone, which was just enough to push me to post.)

The project began April 26. At 9am, the pond looked like this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01627.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01629.jpg  

By 10am, pond water was being pumped through a bead filter into a 3,000+ gal above ground swimming pool set up as the holding tank for the koi during the re-build. (The pool has been up since December, but that's a chapter in the story for another day.) BTW, wish I had room to keep it up. It would make a nice quarantine tank, I think.

Ooooops. Here's the pic.

....back soon.

Photo max'ed again, I guess. One more try.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01630.jpg  

Meanwhile, the flagstone around the existing pond is removed.

Some of you may recognize Carl Forss of Keirin Koi (a sponsor of this site, so I'll give him the plug) beginning to work up a sweat on this menial, but essential labor. With him is Dale Plimann, a kindred spirit in koi and things natural, and a very knowledgeable fellow when it comes to plumbing a pond.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01632.jpg  

And so, you may be wondering, how does it happen that they are in my yard? Because the only way I could figure to get the koi pond I wanted without being my own general contractor (something I have neither the time nor patience to do), was to retain the services of someone who understood what needed to be done to get where I wanted to go. And, after much effort over a period of nearly 6 months, that became Carl and his Keirin Koi crew.

So, how much got done on day 1? Well, before 8am the next morning I got in these shots of the commencement of mass destruction:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01634.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01635.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01636.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01639.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01638.jpg  

That was just the first day: Old pond completely disassembled. Test dig of filter pit done. (By side of house) And, everything in the way moved.

During the course of Day 2: How much equipment can fit in the confines of the yard? Well, how much is needed? .... and at 7:30pm, they are still hard at work ... usually until after darkness has fallen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01640.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01641.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01642.jpg  

How do you like those tracks!

How much got done? Well, more than can be seen in photos. The most significant accomplishment: the filter pit has a concrete floor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01643.jpg   Polyurea Spray Liner Pond-dsc01644.jpg  

Daihonmei
    Mikem,
    Please ask Carl to wear the shirt i gave him if he is going to be in front of the camera....

I wonder what you are going to end up with if your other pond wasn't good enough.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast