Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakki shower thread continuation

Hi JG

Great links thoroughly enjoyed it. Very interesting was the test of different waters frequency. Once again cheers mate.

tewa

Quote Originally Posted by dtbh
    Dear George,

The last sentence is too sweeping and may be misconstrued as meaning ONLY FIR emitting materials can achieve these results. I know for a fact that my brushes, Jap mats, Izeki nets and matala do not emit any significant FIR but I do have good water, low tds and my kois have to be very hungry as they eat 9x/day. There is no magic in the materials I have used. One can conclude that any filter material if managed and maintained properly can achieve such results. There are of course benefits of BH and that is one of the reasons why I am willing to experiment and compare a BS/BH setup vs my 150% conventional submerged filtration system. The eventual results will be interesting.
    hey dtbh when is your project starting I may be back in malaysia in Nov would love to come over and see your experimental setup

cheers
    tewa

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by tewa
    hey dtbh when is your project starting I may be back in malaysia in Nov would love to come over and see your experimental setup

cheers
    tewa
    In the midst of planning. Planned to use one of my above-ground filters as the housing for my 1.9m Bakki shower. Will be doing some flow tests this weekend. Barring any unforeseen circumstances should be starting within these couple of weeks. Will be glad to host you when you caome back this Nov.

Oyagoi
    I have not seen any detailed info about exactly how it affects surface tension and how that plays a role. I do not know of any reliable detailed soruces on that issue right now, but then I haven't really looked. If you know of any, let us know dtbh.

Also, the change in actual taste is not accomplished by any other filtration system I am aware of.

Sansai
    ...the change in actual taste is not accomplished by any other filtration system I am aware of.

Sorry George, I did not know your "sweet" water was referring to the taste and not "good" water as such. See what I mean? Less knowledgeable people like me may misintepret your sentence. May attempt to taste my pond water before and after going thro' my filtration system.

hey dtbh

thanks for the invitation hope all goes well if you need any information pm or email me.

I have seen daisuke taste water in a photo, if you do it make sure to post a pic ok

tewa

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong
    Greetings people, I have been studying water surface tension to the point of being semi literate. Lets discuss this example. FIR changes water tension as per link JG sent. How and why would one change that property of water with infrared?
    My bad, misread . This surface tension change was attributed to elelectromagnetic effects not infrared exposure. Have two different science thoughts going there.

Oyagoi
    I saw an interview where Maeda went into detail about the water taste causing the koi to eat like mad.

The basic idea was that even clean water that used to have fish waste and urine in it had a taste or smell the koi found undesirable unless something was done to change the taste and smell. It was compard to eating in your bathroom right after going. Even tough you had flushed, the smell and taste were still in the air and you probably would not feel like eating a whole lot.

Many people can attest to using the media to flavor drinks and saki. Making it smoother and less bitter, when things taste better both we and koi want more.

Momotaro and Kevin Pham
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bakki shower thread continuation-img_0577.jpg   Bakki shower thread continuation-img_0648.jpg  

For whats its worth I just updated my webpage with the beginnings of my Bakki experiment. See sig
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast