Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakki shower thread continuation

Mike S,

So glad to see you posting. Can you comment BH has any effect with shiro also? My Hosakai asagi seems bright white. My Momotaro tancho hi looks great and shiro is impoving every day. My Unoma kohaku's hi are looking stronger. Orange hi Ogawa showa I was told by Kevin Pham is that way because of bloodline and will change to scarlet in later years. Bakki shower, its not perfect but sure comes close.

Daihonmei
    Can someone close to the BM kiln tell me if what I have heard is true.....the BM now has a hole through the middle of it?

I have seen pictures showing the hole through the Bacteria House, but at the moment cannot recall where.

Tategoi
    On the Momotaro DVD???

Not the DVD .... someplace in past 30 days.

Daihonmei
    I didn't see it on any of the BM on display at Koi America...But somewhere I heard they have added the hole..... SORRY back to the biofilm thread.....

Quote Originally Posted by luke frisbee
    Can someone close to the BM kiln tell me if what I have heard is true.....the BM now has a hole through the middle of it?
    You can see a picture of it with a hole through it on their website.

http://www.momotaro-koi.org/english/item/index.htm
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Sansai
    Dear Mike

To my mind, the only point of any importance, is the 'real world' results. Theory, and science are nowhere as important as the the 'actual' results of running Showers. We have had Showered ponds running for long enough now, to know that there are no long-term problems or
    disadvantages.

Agree with you. I have always maintained that our ponds are living systems that often defy logic. Real world results are always our guiding light. I am glad for all of you at your side of the world not having experienced any longterm problems. The real world result we have in Malaysia is that one of our senior koi hobbyists had hikkui. As I have said before this does not mean BS/BH has caused his problem. Just that we have to compare notes and be wary. Last I heard from him is that he had followed Maeda-san's instructions in his setup.

The people that buy Showers are most influenced by the 'maintenance-free' aspect. But, to my mind, the single most important factor of the Showers, is the condition of the Beni in Showered ponds. significant.

I can't understand why someone would want to devise some oddball way of 'testing' Bacteria House, where the 'real World' results woudn't be apparent, or why people test this media in a pond, and compare with another media, when they haven't even stuck to any of the 'rule of thumb' running principles in the first place? There is only one way to test it, and that is, to build a pond that is correctly utilising the media, and then run that pond with real Koi, with real potential, with an aim of getting 'real results', as opposed to trying to prove that it won't work!

If this is referring to my attempt at comparing it with my pond, I want you to know that I am not trying to prove it does not work. I am not silly to invest so much money just to do that.

I agree that a hobbyist's challenge is to maintain if nor further improve on the quality of our kois. I am not a dealer and as such cannot afford to pay for your expenses to come here to witness my kois but let me assure you that despite using a "not-so-good" conventional filtration system I am still have good quality beni. If you want photos I have posted some in other threads.

With an already satisfactory system people like me cannot discard the existing system and go entirely on BS/BH immediately. Since I am willing to try I find it reasonable to compare it with my system. Unless you are afraid I may find no benefit....

What rule of the thumb running principles are you referring to?

Any doubters here should take a trip to England. I will happily arrange and pay for your accomodation, and take you to see every Showered pond I know of. You can then speak to the owners, and see the Koi for yourselves, and then decide if it's all just 'hype'!? I'm not joking here, I'm serious!

Will seriously consider this offer. How many people have converted to the BS/BH system completely?

Thanks, dtbh

Quote Originally Posted by luke frisbee
    I didn't see it on any of the BM on display at Koi America...But somewhere I heard they have added the hole..... SORRY back to the biofilm thread.....
    Luke, I went to MOMO in April... Yes the New BM has a hole in it.and if I reckon that they had a bigger size as well..

Joe

Oyagoi

Unhappy I can't go?

why use lava rock when you can find gravel for free? Why use gravel when if you do enough water changes all you need is a shower according to chat experts???

MikeS-does that mean I can't come?

Also, jrnorth is sincerely trying to do a legitimate test, could you advise on exactly what you meant by the running rules?
    Last edited by junglegeorge12; 08-24-2005 at 02:42 AM. Reason: spelling

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast