Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakki shower thread continuation

Ive looked all over for Bean Sprout Crates and couldnt find any. Got a picture of what they look like? Is there another common type of crates that would work? I have asked around for the 24qt crates (like in this picture) and cant find any local. Id like to get 16.

My dad use to be VP of a Stainless Steel Manufacturing company.... I might go get a quote from them on what it would cost to make me a set of SS ones If he was still working there, it would only cost me materials
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bakki shower thread continuation-milkcrate24qt.jpg  

They are no different than standard milk crates or soda pop crates. You can even buy cheap knock offs of them at WalMart in various sizes.

This is the cheap nock-off milk crates that I can find locally. I have a few. The holes are way to big.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bakki shower thread continuation-cheapcrate.jpg  

Oyagoi
    There is a company that sells al sizes and types of them for 're-use' online, I cannot remember the name of them, to get a decent deal you have to buy a pallet full. You can also check with fruit and veggie farmers, and water and milk companies. Alot of them have old ones or the 'old color' with the 'old logo' just sitting around and you can get them free or cheap.

Here is a quote from schild I thought pretty well says what is happening on alot of these boards. It is too bad we do not see folks like Maurcie and Jules and Tewa around here more often. Seems like negative presumption to assault people's credibliity is ruling the day and is masquerading as knowledge.

"Sorry you could not understand the differences in "concepts" and would resort to attempting to discredit someone through innuendo and lack of supporting evidence." -schild

I thought we had all gotten past this, but apparently we need another round???

The old free/cheap ones are the ones I am looking for JG. I see new ones sell for around $20 and shipping would be murder.

Oyagoi
    Why don't you buy a pallet and sell some for profit?

You can google it, if I find it again I will pm it to you.

Yes please PM me. I have been googling all day

Oyagoi
    http://www.rehrigpacific.com/

Try them, they will send you a quote pretty quick, let me know what it was in pm.

Here is a useful directory for alot of things.
    http://www.wholesale-world.us/wholesale_containers.php

In my case I needed containers that would hold the water in since my bakki shower would not be located next to the pond but around the side of the house (gravity fed back to the pond via two 4" lines). I found some heavy duty interlocking shipping containers that were the size I was looking for. All I had to do is drill all the holes in the bottoms (except the last tray which will have the two 4" lines). I also drilled holes near the top of each container to allow air to flow. The five 48" long, 15" wide, 11" tall containers cost $200 including shipping. That saved me over $1000 over the stainless steel unit. At 4000 holes drilled, my labor worked out to 25 cents per hole.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bakki shower thread continuation-bakki-trays.jpg   Bakki shower thread continuation-bakki-tray-holes.jpg   Bakki shower thread continuation-bakki-tray-bottom.jpg   Bakki shower thread continuation-fir-caution.jpg  
    Henry

Orlando, FL

Oyagoi
    Henry I applaude your DIY spirit, but how many hours/days did all those holes take?

Easier way for you DIYers who want to use solid stackable plastic containers-

1-Get a large hole saw or or other electric saw or sawzall.

2-Cut out the bottom, leaving enough crosspieces and material to maintain sturdiness.

3- Go to Home Depot and get some egg crate material (it is the white stuff you see in the ceiling lights and return grilles in commercial buildings with 1/2-3/4" square holes in it). You can find it right next to the ceiling tiles. It is made to drop into ceiling grids and costs a buck or two a 2'x4' piece.

4- Cut it to size with a saw or break it using pliers one sqaure at a time.

5-Drop it in the bottom of each tub and enjoy your new shower.

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast