Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakki shower thread continuation

Talking

As I said in another forum(Koichat?), it is best to stick to sharing observations and stay away from theories.

Tewa, you point is made. Another point is that the "FIR explanation " is actually turning people away from BH.

I am one of those who are impressed by the results form BH/Bakki Shower combination , but I am NOT impressed by the "scientific explanations" forwarded .

Peace.

C'mon guys...play nice and maintain the "wa" of the board.
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Hi guys, I hesitate to jump into this thread but here goes. I have built my own Bakki Shower and I am 90% done with installing it. It's made out of stainless with 3 stacked tray etc so its the real deal. My plan is to use Matala at the bottom with lava on top of that for the first round of testing. I am going to document orp, tds and ph readings daily of my 2 ponds. One pond will have the bakki installed and the other will not. Current orp readings are 195 on the non bakki and 140(ouch) on the pond that will soon be running the bakki. If there is anything else you guys think I should test during this let me know. I have no plans to test ammonia or nitrites as both of these ponds test out at 0 for both always. I will be posting this data to my website starting in the next week or so when I finish the unit up. If this round goes well and shows marked improvement then I may switch media and do another round of tests as well to see if that can be improved upon. BTW this will be at the end of a fairly standard US setup settlement-pump-bead-uv then the bakki.
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Tategoi
    Tewa:

First let me say that I fall into category 1. as a true believer of Bac House...use it on both our ponds...Am very happy with it...

Having said that, I also have to say that your constant promoting of the product on this and other boards is kinda self serving, don't you think, since you're selling the stuff in OZ...

It's better for Maurice and guys like myself to promote it, if and when we want, that way the facts don't get confusing... i.e. are you saying what you say because it's fact or because you're selling it...

Haven't read any of the other posts in this thread, because quite frankly, I find the subject boring after so many posts...

Aloha! Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T
    Tewa:

First let me say that I fall into category 1. as a true believer of Bac House...use it on both our ponds...Am very happy with it...

Having said that, I also have to say that your constant promoting of the product on this and other boards is kinda self serving, don't you think, since you're selling the stuff in OZ...

It's better for Maurice and guys like myself to promote it, if and when we want, that way the facts don't get confusing... i.e. are you saying what you say because it's fact or because you're selling it...

Haven't read any of the other posts in this thread, because quite frankly, I find the subject boring after so many posts...

Aloha! Mike

Hi Mike

Thanks i know you and maurice are a great fan of the media and showers. Any honest person would know that posting information about their product will serve the sales of the product, I will not try to even deviate from that fact.

You have probably seen me post before and in all honesty i rarely post on any forums except probably the australian forum as its a small group still and i am trying to get people interested in participating in that forum. There were many bakki threads on this forum asking for performance and efficacy and I rarely post because there are many bakki shower enthusiast as yourself, sundan, poey, maurice and roger that would share their experiences.

Had a hobbyist posted information that they tried to research on FIR and BH i would have loved to sit back and just read instead of spendin countless hours on foreign boards UK and US. If you look at the australian koi forum I haven started this thread there because I know there are even less people interested in the science. Too date I dont believe many of the agents have tried to research FIR as they are probably way too busy making money selling the media and koi from their results.

I will continue to post my information despite people turning away from BH because to me and a few others on any board want to know why maeda put that graph on all his adds. His results are way more than sufficient, and I think maeda would be very happy that hobbyist used bakki showers based on the results and would be even happier to know that those hobbyist truly understood what he and MTTK did with the media, just like he wants to know what kind of pond his koi are going to ensure that the owner enjoys the full potential of the koi and the koi reach its full potential.

tewa
    There is no such thing as a zero maintenance pond but the closer you get the more time to enjoy your koi. Soft low TDS water is the perfect pond water.
    http://www.tewakoi.com

Nisai
    I'm in this hobby for the fun and relaxing mood it bring. Of course constant learning makes koi keeping all the more meaningful and interesting.

I have been using BHM for 2 years. I likes the result so far but I won't gives major credit to BHM for my improved water parameter. I would said that all the eco-system in my pond plays a part.

I choose to use BHM not because of how much FIR it can generate but because I like the idea of more beneficial bacteria it can house,maintainance free & it doesn't need replacement. Anyway, I do not have any equipment to measure how much FIR BHM can generate or R&D team to confirm the scientific side of it. In fact, whether BHM can generate FIR,Bluetooth frequency or ultra-violet is of little concern to me.

Some koi keeper even reckoned that BHM could result in Hikkui disease. But I do not see any reasons to fear compare to Maeda san who use BHM on his 1500ton pond inhabited with 8-9 GC & Kokugyo prize winners I only have 2 GC runner-up & 1 2nd runner-up.

Those who have tried BS with BHM gives 2 thumbs-up for all the reasons we know. Those who have not I would suggest give it a try with a neutral mind. If you don't like it there are lots of other media around.

Assumption lead to misunderstanding and unpleasanties.

SF

Thanks for sharing swordfish

Nisai
    My koi definitely loves the torrent of water rushing out from my BS. You can often see them fooling around with the mad rush of water from the BS.

In our tropical hot weather the more the water have in contact with air the merrier even though my pond is very well aerated. It helps to bring down the temperature a bit too.
    SF

So Roger, what is your real opinion of us Westerners? What does it say about us?

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast