Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakki shower thread continuation

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurice

.................The results I get can not be disputed. In one growing pond, I've achieved 60cm in 12 months.

Stocking rate, clarity and koi vigor just do not make sense. But many have seen in 'Real time' how healthy these koi are. They'd kill to get the last pellet.
    First 3 photos of lowest stocked pond, perhaps 70 or 80 koi. The last photo contains well over a 1,000 4" koi. In all 4 Bakki Showered ponds at the farm, not a dead fish has been seen in months.

Best systems I've ever run and I've been a fish keeper for more than 35 years.
    Hi Maurice,

Thanks for sharing. I am a hobbyist and have probably one of the biggest submerged filter provision (150% of pond). My results in terms of clarity, and growth rates are just as good as yours. I am contemplating experimenting with BH and if everything goes as planned will be soon. Tewa has recommended 120kg for my 18 ton pond but I have decided to go for 250kg (again about 140% if I use 10kg/ton for comparison with my present filter). Before I start I still want to gather as much info as possible.

The growth rate you mentioned, did it happen to all kois or just a few of the potential growers? And how old are these growers? In my pond with a low stocking rate, all my potential growers do grow significantly and these include tosais, nissais and even the older ones. As a general indication my 11 month old kohakus from a fun breeding are now low 50+cm, I have nissais that grew from 40cm as tosai to 70+cm in a year, and a 69cm sansai shiro that grew to 77cm in 6 months. Did any of your potential growers not grow to expectations in your overcrowded pond?

You mentioned that not only did they grow but they are all healthy as well. This is a plus point. However, looking at the kois from your photos (photos can be deceiving of course) I am not impressed with their girth. If this less than satisfactory girth is true, can it be said that in a crowded pond with a BS/BH system, growth is there but not necessary for girth? Or put it the other way, one should not overstock even with the BS/BH system?

How do you maintain your ponds esp water change and how frequent do you feed your kois?

I hope I have not bothered you too much. Unlike what some people say of me being unable to accept new technology, I do like to tinker with my filter.

I thank you for your patience, dtbh.

Quote Originally Posted by dtbh
    Hi Maurice,

Thanks for sharing. I am a hobbyist and have probably one of the biggest submerged filter provision (150% of pond). My results in terms of clarity, and growth rates are just as good as yours. I am contemplating experimenting with BH and if everything goes as planned will be soon. Tewa has recommended 120kg for my 18 ton pond but I have decided to go for 250kg (again about 140% if I use 10kg/ton for comparison with my present filter). Before I start I still want to gather as much info as possible.

The growth rate you mentioned, did it happen to all kois or just a few of the potential growers? And how old are these growers? In my pond with a low stocking rate, all my potential growers do grow significantly and these include tosais, nissais and even the older ones. As a general indication my 11 month old kohakus from a fun breeding are now low 50+cm, I have nissais that grew from 40cm as tosai to 70+cm in a year, and a 69cm sansai shiro that grew to 77cm in 6 months. Did any of your potential growers not grow to expectations in your overcrowded pond?

You mentioned that not only did they grow but they are all healthy as well. This is a plus point. However, looking at the kois from your photos (photos can be deceiving of course) I am not impressed with their girth. If this less than satisfactory girth is true, can it be said that in a crowded pond with a BS/BH system, growth is there but not necessary for girth? Or put it the other way, one should not overstock even with the BS/BH system?

How do you maintain your ponds esp water change and how frequent do you feed your kois?

I hope I have not bothered you too much. Unlike what some people say of me being unable to accept new technology, I do like to tinker with my filter.

I thank you for your patience, dtbh.
    Hi dtbh

First of all maurices pond are 11250L. the stocking rate of the lowest is 70 to 80 koi.

You have 18koi in 18ton between 50 and 77cm. So to make real comparisons of growth rates you would need around 130 koi in your pond.

Temperature is also big part you have water around 28 to 29 degrees yr round poor maurice has to heat in winter

250kg of BH wicked mate please let us know if you do go ahead.

Oyagoi
    Hey tewa, this is to you-

[QUOTE=tewa]http://www.answers.com/topic/infrared-1

There are many applications of infrared radiation. A number of these are analogous to similar uses of visible light. Thus, the spectrum of a substance in the infrared range can be used in chemical analysis much as the visible spectrum is used. Radiation at discrete wavelengths in the infrared range is characteristic of many molecules. The temperature of a distant object can also be determined by analysis of the infrared radiation from the object. Radiometers operating in the infrared range serve as the basis for many instruments, including heat-seeking devices in missiles and devices for spotting and photographing persons and objects in the dark or in fog.
    infrared radiation (in-fruh-red)

radiation is often linked to heat, since objects at room temperature or above will emit radiation mostly concentrated in the mid-infrared band (see black body).

The common nomenclature is justified by the different human response to this radiation (near infrared = the red you just cannot see, far IR = thermal radiation), other definitions follow different physical mechanisms (emission peaks, vs. bands, water absorption) and the newest follow technical reasons (The common silicon detectors are sensitive to about 1050 nm, while InGaAs sensitivity starts around 950 nm and ends between 1700 and 2200 nm, depending on the specific configuration). Unfortunately the international standards for these specifications are not currently available.

Night Vision
    Infrared is used in night-vision equipment, when there is insufficient visible light to see an object. The radiation is detected and turned into an image on a screen, hotter objects showing up brighter, enabling the police and military to acquire thermally significant targets, such as human beings and automobiles.

Smoke is more transparent to infrared than to visible light, so fire fighters use infrared imaging equipment when working in smoke-filled areas because it does not interfere with other devices in adjoining rooms - this is especially important in areas of high population density (IR does not penetrate walls).

Other Imaging
    In infrared photography, infrared filters are used to capture only the infrared spectrum. Digital cameras often use infrared blockers. Cheaper digital cameras and some camera phones which do not have appropriate filters can "see" infrared, appearing as a bright white colour (try pointing a TV remote at your digital camera). This is especially pronounced when taking pictures of subjects near bright areas (such as near a lamp), where the resulting infrared interference can wash out the image.

Thermography
    Infrared radiation can be used to remotely determine the temperature of objects (if the emissivity is known). This is termed thermography, or in the case of very hot objects in the NIR or visible it is termed pyrometry. Thermography (thermal imaging) is mainly used in military and industrial applications but the technology is reaching the public market in the form of infrared cameras on cars due to the massively reduced production costs.

Far Infrared Rays are invisible band of light warms objects without warming the air between the source and the object (known as conversion). This radiant heat can also be called Infrared Energy (IR). This band of light is not visible to human eyes but can be seen by special instruments that translate infrared into colors that are visible to our eyes. The best example of Infrared Energy is the sun (80% of the sunís rays are infrared). Our atmosphere allows IR rays in the 7 to 14 micrometre range to safely reach the Earthís surface. When warmed, the Earth radiates infrared rays with its peak output at 10 micrometres. The human body radiates infrared energy out through the skin at 3 to 50 micrometres, with most around 9.4 micrometres.) and to remove ice from the wings of aircraft (de-icing).

Communications
    IR data transmission is also employed in short-range communication among computer peripherals and personal digital assistants. These devices usually conform to standards published by IrDA, the Infrared Data Association. Remote controls and IrDA devices use infrared light-emitting diodes (LEDs) to emit infrared radiation which is focused by a plastic lens into a narrow beam. The beam is modulated, i.e. switched on and off, to encode the data. The receiver uses a silicon photodiode to convert the infrared radiation to an electric current. It responds only to the rapidly pulsing signal created by the transmitter, and filters out slowly changing infrared radiation from ambient light.

Just for reference tewa, these are the areas of ceramics technology I worked with. My brother is really heavy into it now. He gets a big kick out of using the system in buildings because he can detect when a person burps or farts. That's right, he has scientific proof that women fart! He can even identify a habitual and prolific farter and a dangerously powerful one. It is a big joke with them that the guys who decide who to hire always look at the emissions reports before deciding to hire someone.
    In fact, he has to be able tell if it was a fart or some other type of gas emission just by using FIR and ferroelectric/piezoelectric ceramic sensors. He has to give account for every type of gas or heat source that is in the facility or it's dutcwork and identify it's chemical makeup. He also has to write the computer programs that keep records of it all and automatically send off different alerts and warnings. He also uses the communications uses of it to be able to keep the security aspects running and monitor them with all the power off.

That is why when folks ask if BH can do what it says my response is, "Of course it can!" In fact what BH claims is really nothing in comparison to what some ceramics are doing.

Just look at the results, they speak for themselves.

In terms of the issue of electromagnetic fields, I can think of at least four different ways off of the top of my head the energy required to accomplish that could be occuring just using basic ferro or piezoelectric powders and materials (ie porous flexible foam). If it is utilizing the piezoelectric field the way I suspect, it would explain why bh works so much better in a shower than it does immersed even with heavy oxygen. The friction theory, in my mind, is the least likely of the four options I am thinking of.

I have also contacted a friend who is willing to run some tests on it for us, but it cannot happen for a few months due to his situations. I will let you know as soon as it does buddy. He is on vacation for a month right now, and will need some time to catch up when he gets back.
    I will also have to get legal permission from Momotaro to share that type of information about their product. Some of it they may not want out, not to hide anything, but to keep possible competitors from making the same thing or something too similar. I will email them and ask before publicly posting anything.

Also, I am going to keep away from pms too much with you so we do not get accused of some corporate conspiracy or marketing evil. I will just post it out here for everyone to read.

Quote Originally Posted by junglegeorge12
    Hi tewa.

Do anyof you haev pics of growth from using BH, I would especially like to see the person with the runner ups photos if he has any. I would enjoy to see them.
    hey george Mike told me cliff has raised a 24cm tosai to over 70cm as nisai (24 month) in a 35000L pond

here is my pathetic attemtpts which are nothing compared to maurice and cliff

Oct 8,13cm

apr 15, 41cm

Oct 8 8.5cm

apr 15, 35cm

Oct 8, 25cm this pic is on feb 10 at 39cm

apr 15, 48cm

i have a benigoi grow from 21cm in Nov 22 to 48cm on May 15

But as you can see from the pics unfortunately the genes of my koi are crap

tewa
    There is no such thing as a zero maintenance pond but the closer you get the more time to enjoy your koi. Soft low TDS water is the perfect pond water.
    http://www.tewakoi.com

Just for reference tewa, these are the areas of ceramics technology I worked with. My brother is really heavy into it now. He gets a big kick out of using the system in buildings because he can detect when a person burps or farts. That's right, he has scientific proof that women fart! He can even identify a habitual and prolific farter and a dangerously powerful one. It is a big joke with them that the guys who decide who to hire always look at the emissions reports before deciding to hire someone.
    In fact, he has to be able tell if it was a fart or some other type of gas emission just by using FIR and ferroelectric/piezoelectric ceramic sensors. He has to give account for every type of gas or heat source that is in the facility or it's dutcwork and identify it's chemical makeup. He also has to write the computer programs that keep records of it all and automatically send off different alerts and warnings. He also uses the communications uses of it to be able to keep the security aspects running and monitor them with all the power off.

That is why when folks ask if BH can do what it says my response is, "Of course it can!" In fact what BH claims is really nothing in comparison to what some ceramics are doing.

Just look at the results, they speak for themselves.

In terms of the issue of electromagnetic fields, I can think of at least four different ways off of the top of my head the energy required to accomplish that could be occuring just using basic ferro or piezoelectric powders and materials (ie porous flexible foam). If it is utilizing the piezoelectric field the way I suspect, it would explain why bh works so much better in a shower than it does immersed even with heavy oxygen. The friction theory, in my mind, is the least likely of the four options I am thinking of.

I have also contacted a friend who is willing to run some tests on it for us, but it cannot happen for a few months due to his situations. I will let you know as soon as it does buddy. He is on vacation for a month right now, and will need some time to catch up when he gets back.
    I will also have to get legal permission from Momotaro to share that type of information about their product. Some of it they may not want out, not to hide anything, but to keep possible competitors from making the same thing or something too similar. I will email them and ask before publicly posting anything.

Also, I am going to keep away from pms too much with you so we do not get accused of some corporate conspiracy or marketing evil. I will just post it out here for everyone to read.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for always sharing mate. I look forwward to it.

tewa

Quote Originally Posted by swordfish
    My koi definitely loves the torrent of water rushing out from my BS. You can often see them fooling around with the mad rush of water from the BS.

In our tropical hot weather the more the water have in contact with air the merrier even though my pond is very well aerated. It helps to bring down the temperature a bit too.
    SF

Mine too i often see them in a big group swimming against the water that just return frkm the shower

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice
    I'm knowhere near as interseted in the science behind Bakki Showers and Bacteria House Media as many BUT................

.................The results I get can not be disputed. In one growing pond, I've achieved 60cm in 12 months.

A few photos below of the Showered ponds at the farm, 2,500 UK gallons, 1 shower powered by a Squence 1/4 plus (somewhere near 3,000 gallon an hour), 20 ltr of static Kaldnes turning over around 600 gallons an hour.

Stocking rate, clarity and koi vigor just do not make sense. But many have seen in 'Real time' how healthy these koi are. They'd kill to get the last pellet.
    First 3 photos of lowest stocked pond, perhaps 70 or 80 koi. The last photo contains well over a 1,000 4" koi. In all 4 Bakki Showered ponds at the farm, not a dead fish has been seen in months.

Best systems I've ever run and I've been a fish keeper for more than 35 years.

Thanks for sharing mate the fish are looking great will definitely try to catch you during Xmas

Oyagoi
    Hey Maurice,

Have you got any good pics of your parent stock? I would love to see them. Also, I noticed on another place where there were some tall green insulated showers you had and I thought you were using. Are those on your mud ponds or do you just use them in winter possibly???

Oyagoi
    Also, your water condition and thus your koi condition is awesome for those stocking rates. Good job!

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerMoo
    Don't get annoyed, Akinosan.

What I meant was most are simple minded people
    Is it any wonder people get annoyed when you make comments like this? You post on a board which is predominantly American people and say most westerners are simple minded!!!! I had to bite my tongue very hard to stop myself posting in response to your first offering.

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast