Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakki shower thread continuation

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Is it any wonder people get annoyed when you make comments like this? You post on a board which is predominantly American people and say most westerners are simple minded!!!! I had to bite my tongue very hard to stop myself posting in response to your first offering.
    hey daz

I can understand what you are saying but I know roger meant well and was mainly referring to koiphen people. Hope everyone understands.

tewa

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by tewa
    hey daz

I can understand what you are saying but I know roger meant well and was mainly referring to koiphen people. Hope everyone understands.

tewa
    fair enough m8, I appreciate things dont always come across as intended when we type, especially if different languages are involved.

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by tewa
    Hi dtbh

First of all maurices pond are 11250L. the stocking rate of the lowest is 70 to 80 koi.

You have 18koi in 18ton between 50 and 77cm. So to make real comparisons of growth rates you would need around 130 koi in your pond.

Temperature is also big part you have water around 28 to 29 degrees yr round poor maurice has to heat in winter

250kg of BH wicked mate please let us know if you do go ahead.
    Nope. Not comparing as his is obviously overstocked which is understandable given his circumstances. It is more a prelude to introduce my pond as a preparation for my experiment with BH in the near future. It will be interesting to see what and how BH can improve on my filtration system...if at all.

Oyagoi
    So dtbh why don't you go ahead and accurately measure your water perameters now and post them so we can compare later?
    Last edited by junglegeorge12; 08-17-2005 at 01:11 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Somerset, England. (land of the country bumpkin)
    The ponds at the koi farm are for holding koi prior to sale, they are not fed to grow the koi, rather to 'sustain' them, although good growth is noticed. All koi in my photos are tosai, so at this at stage in their life, they do not have ‘bodies’, more length than build. As an example, one of my koi, a 10 ˝ month old chagoi went to the BKKS National show, size 5. Not a chance of competing against 3 and 4 year olds in the class, but it is an amazing koi.

The green towers referred to are my own design ‘trickle towers’, they are in use all over the UK and I still have a large number of folk who would like me to build them one, but since starting the farm, spare time is non-existent, so these have had to take a back seat. They have been used with media types, from Bac bio balls to Bacteria house media with great results.

In fact the pond where my koi have achieved the best growth has ‘Trickle towers’ filled with ‘Bacteria House Media’.

Maurice.

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by junglegeorge12
    So dtbh why don't you go ahead and accurately measure your water perameters now and post them so we can compare later?
    Have done that and posted before in another forum (sorry, too busy this morning to trace them). Will do the necessary tests pre- and post- for proper comparison.

Oyagoi
    I would love to visit England one day and see your setup Maurice. I remember when you first posted about wanting to breed, then your site came, then the first time at it in the concrete indoor holding tanks with pics to boot. NOW look at the layout you have!!!

I think you may have inadvertantly or perhaps even purposely started a dynasty. Isn't it neat how passion, hard work, and persistence do that? Now you can't even think about giving up!

Somerset, England. (land of the country bumpkin)
    Junglegeorge, I look forward to going to work each morning and struggle to leave come late evening, as working then is comfortable if the day has been warm.

Trying to make a living breeding koi is not the easiest way of life, I've still not had a day off since Christmas. As many things go wrong as they do right when breeding koi, some days, I wonder why I'm doing this, but the passion is deep inside, I've a goal and no stone will be unturned to achieve my ambition.

Posts like yours make it worthwhile, I've got so many folk behind me, it brings a smile to my face.

Thanks,
    Maurice.
    Last edited by Maurice; 08-18-2005 at 03:32 PM. Reason: spelling!!

Oyagoi

Thumbs up

Double post, my error.
    Last edited by junglegeorge12; 08-18-2005 at 04:39 PM. Reason: spelling, double posted

Oyagoi
    I believe you will be producing high quality show winners that will change the koi breeding industry in England very soon.Keep going!

That tent does look hot, down here it is hot ALL the time tent or no tent, but I thank God I am not under a tent during the summer here!!! Have you ever checked into swamp coolers? They will make it humid but much cooler pretty inexpensively.

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast