Home | About Us | Contact Us


Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 108

Thread: AKCA board meeting minutes May 8 2009

  1. #11
    Jumbo HenryC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    589
    You can try to dance around the words anyway you like Carl, but nothing was "made up" in the paper, all very real issues and facts that needed to be addressed. Yes, Karen probably realized that the very FACT that came to light that caused her to get suspended from writing for Koi USA would also get her removed as a KHA. Could it be she resigned because she had no defense. There was no judging, as it was an open and shut case of violations of AKCA rules (as well as very unethical).

    When a group rallies to defend the organization that has brought them so much, it is called loyalty, not petty and vindictive. What is petty and vindictive is trying to talk your local club into dropping out of the national organization due to your own personal agenda. Now that the proper actions have been taken, we have moved on. This thread stood dormant for the last several weeks until Roddy saw fit to stir the pot. It seems you and Roddy are the ones that still want to throw stones. Be sure not to break your own glass house.
    Henry

    Orlando, FL

  2. #12
    Jumbo carrie1964's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryC View Post

    When a group rallies to defend the organization that has brought them so much, it is called loyalty, not petty and vindictive. What is petty and vindictive is trying to talk your local club into dropping out of the national organization due to your own personal agenda. Now that the proper actions have been taken, we have moved on. This thread stood dormant for the last several weeks until Roddy saw fit to stir the pot. It seems you and Roddy are the ones that still want to throw stones. Be sure not to break your own glass house.
    I have to agree with Henry. This IS about loyalty. I`ve been in this hobby for only three years, and even I know how much the AKCA has done for hobbyists in the US. I will never turn my back on those that have worked so hard to get us where we are now. Those that have only personal agendas, and egos at stake are bound to cause a ruckus and try to garner sympathy. I sat back and watched alot of drama unfold over the past three years. But at the end of the day , the people who give freely of their time in real life, not on the internet, are the ones who really love the koi.

    Loyalty is a quality I highly prize in people. And I think it is too often overlooked in these times.Thank you to all those, that care enough to fight for what is right.

  3. #13
    Guest Nancy M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lakewood, So Calif
    Posts
    2,982
    Quote Originally Posted by cppond View Post
    Henry

    You may want to reread Roddy's comments. He said the issues were made up, not the facts. He may be suggesting that you and your friends are petty and vindictive, but not necessarily inaccurate. Of course, I don't want to put words in his mouth.

    And I doubt that Karen would agree that she resigned rather than defend herself against the "facts." It was more likely that she would not deign to allow herself to be judged by any group that would support the behavior of Don and Nancy (who recently bragged about wanting to kick someone's ass at a koi show.) and question hers. After all, once she was suspended from writing for Koi USA she probably realized the fix was in.
    Carl, apparently your eyes are not adjusting to the real outside world, but I can understand that when your in constant "darkness" with your lord. That it may be hard to see things as they are.

    Perhaps you should re-read what I wrote. I would have kicked that morons ass, if my friends had not pulled me away.

    Like others have said, if you think AKCA would have allowed them to resign, or would have even considered removing them from the AKCA board, and KHA program, without proof, that there was some unethical things going on, then you really are just like that moron in San Diego.

  4. #14
    Nisai Motown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dearborn, MI USA
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryC View Post
    You can try to dance around the words anyway you like Carl, but nothing was "made up" in the paper, all very real issues and facts that needed to be addressed. Yes, Karen probably realized that the very FACT that came to light that caused her to get suspended from writing for Koi USA would also get her removed as a KHA. Could it be she resigned because she had no defense. There was no judging, as it was an open and shut case of violations of AKCA rules (as well as very unethical).

    When a group rallies to defend the organization that has brought them so much, it is called loyalty, not petty and vindictive. What is petty and vindictive is trying to talk your local club into dropping out of the national organization due to your own personal agenda. Now that the proper actions have been taken, we have moved on. This thread stood dormant for the last several weeks until Roddy saw fit to stir the pot. It seems you and Roddy are the ones that still want to throw stones. Be sure not to break your own glass house.

    I agree, let's move on without all of the pettyness and personal self aggrandizing behavior.

    Let's get back to what we do, "Koi Kichi", it's not about Fiefdoms!

  5. #15
    Honmei
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,744
    Quote Originally Posted by cppond View Post
    Henry

    You may want to reread Roddy's comments. He said the issues were made up, not the facts. He may be suggesting that you and your friends are petty and vindictive, but not necessarily inaccurate. Of course, I don't want to put words in his mouth.

    And I doubt that Karen would agree that she resigned rather than defend herself against the "facts." It was more likely that she would not deign to allow herself to be judged by any group that would support the behavior of Don and Nancy (who recently bragged about wanting to kick someone's ass at a koi show.) and question hers. After all, once she was suspended from writing for Koi USA she probably realized the fix was in.
    Gee Carl,
    Nice to see you come over here and stir the pot once again. Things that boring for you over at KPville? Since Karen saw fit to supply the correspondance between her and I concerning your statement (bolded), perhaps she should also see fit to explain the FACTS concerning such as well. Or perhaps you would care to since you seem to know all of the facts? Go ahead Carl...give the facts concerning such.

    Here's what the Board had to say Carl:

    Motion: To reluctantly decertify Karen Pattist from the KHA Program because she meets the definition of a professional under AKCA by-laws and is non compliant with the KHA rules. Motion by Joan, 2nd by Brenda. Approved.


    Gee Carl, KOI USA has numerous proffesionals who write articles for the magazine. Do you think that there were additional reasons (factually based) that could have led to her suspension from KOI USA? Perhaps you should find out and report back? It is in Don's 18 page report that Roddy mentions and I am sure that you have read by now. Ya'll want to throw stones at the AKCA concering acqusations concerning Don's 18 page report, then POST the report instead of using innuendos to mislead people.

    OK Carl...time to put up or shut up.... then time for you to go back to KPville and make up more "spin" to lead the flock amuck with instead of basing statementsd on sound factual evidence.

    Steve
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. schildkoi@aol.com
    CKHPA

  6. #16
    Tategoi cppond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by schildkoi View Post
    Gee Carl,
    Nice to see you come over here and stir the pot once again. Things that boring for you over at KPville? Since Karen saw fit to supply the correspondance between her and I concerning your statement (bolded), perhaps she should also see fit to explain the FACTS concerning such as well. Or perhaps you would care to since you seem to know all of the facts? Go ahead Carl...give the facts concerning such.

    Here's what the Board had to say Carl:



    Gee Carl, KOI USA has numerous proffesionals who write articles for the magazine. Do you think that there were additional reasons (factually based) that could have led to her suspension from KOI USA? Perhaps you should find out and report back? It is in Don's 18 page report that Roddy mentions and I am sure that you have read by now. Ya'll want to throw stones at the AKCA concering acqusations concerning Don's 18 page report, then POST the report instead of using innuendos to mislead people.

    OK Carl...time to put up or shut up.... then time for you to go back to KPville and make up more "spin" to lead the flock amuck with instead of basing statementsd on sound factual evidence.

    Steve

    Oh, I get it.

    It's not enough that you defame and malign them, you want one of us to publish the document, probably because you have been specifically told not to do so.

    No thanks. I just came by to help Henry understand Roddy's post.

    But you all carry on.

  7. #17
    Jumbo carrie1964's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by cppond View Post
    Oh, I get it.

    It's not enough that you defame and malign them, you want one of us to publish the document, probably because you have been specifically told not to do so.

    No thanks. I just came by to help Henry understand Roddy's post.

    But you all carry on.

    Carl,
    I don`t think anyone wants that document made public.I for one, just want to move on.

    Just let it go..................

  8. #18
    Honmei
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,744
    Quote Originally Posted by cppond View Post
    Oh, I get it.

    It's not enough that you defame and malign them, you want one of us to publish the document, probably because you have been specifically told not to do so.

    No thanks. I just came by to help Henry understand Roddy's post.

    But you all carry on.
    Carl,
    I am not the one who came here and posted accusations, You and Roddy are. You want to make accusations like you do, then post the FACTS behind such or simply SHUT UP and go back to KPville where you encourage speculation based on less than factual evidence. I haven't been told not post anything Carl...but then again, I am not the one making the accusations...you are. Defend your public accusations Carl with some evidence..hard evidence Carl...nolt your typical spin of unsubstantiated opinion and innuendo.

    Steve
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. schildkoi@aol.com
    CKHPA

  9. #19
    Honmei KoiCop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    3,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddy Conrad View Post
    . . . his gripe was that on message boards I added to my signature that the AKCA KHA director requested us to say we don't represent the KHA when we write something on a message board. And that was the simple truth, yet Don made a big stink about it.
    Hello Roddy . . .

    Since no such issue, event or gripe was ever discussed in the paper (not even a passing reference), I'm reluctantly forced to conclude that you do not, in fact, have the paper in question -- but that you, instead, have apparently been 'played' by someone with an ulterior motive?

    That being the case, I respectfully request you contact your Local AKCA Board Member contact who can confirm that I'm telling you the truth before you do something rash and precipitate a crisis with your club.

    Best wishes,

  10. #20
    Guest Nancy M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lakewood, So Calif
    Posts
    2,982
    38 Minutes Ago
    stephen
    Koiphen Member
    WWKC Lifetime Charter Diamond Member #2
    Join Date: Apr 2004
    Location: Koiphenville
    Posts: 20,061


    The Direction of the AKCA and It's Leadership
    I am sure that this thread will soon be closed and I will make even more enemies stating the obvious. Take a number folks.

    Recently the following outstanding hobbyists have left the AKCA organization either voluntarily or have been kicked out: Spike Cover, Karen Pattist, Duncan Griffith, Roddy Conrad, etc., etc., etc. There is a very very long list too numerous to mention.

    The selfless KHA's that post on or are part of Koiphen/WWKC are currently the victims of a witch hunt by a few ego driven egocentrically biased megalomaniacs.

    The AKCA leadership now appears to be controlled by Don Chandler & Nancy Morales and the MO seems to be intimidation and false character assasination.

    The AKCA appears to be in total disarray and chaos reigns. Please understand that there are many great hobbyists that belong to the AKCA organization. Unfortunately, the condoned actions of a tiny few has created a total clusterf within the organization.

    I would like to apologize to Carl, the admins & moderators, and all the members for speaking my peace but I will sleep very well tonight. Truth is truth.

    Disclaimer: These are my opinions only, not those of Koiphen or WWKC.


    a hobbyist who really does care about the future of the hobby,

    steve height



    This is just to funny, SH actually thinks that Don or I have that much power... LMAO

    And to think that he is worried that one of the moderators would actually close one of his threads. I guess if he told them to close it they would, just so he could make the point that he is just like the rest of the members.

    Curious since you "SH" has the inside infor... Who was kicked out of the AKCA?

    Well Sh got Roddy and Carl to come over to bito... but they went back to the compound, with a few battle scars. So SH has to make his own thread.... hoping he can get anyone to follow him...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. AKCA Board meeting 8/14/2009 minutes
    By Nancy M. in forum Club News and Updates
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-19-2009, 01:39 PM
  2. AKCA Minutes of June 12, 2009
    By Nancy M. in forum Club News and Updates
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 04:50 PM
  3. AKCA Board meeting 5-13-2009
    By Nancy M. in forum Club News and Updates
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2009, 12:20 PM
  4. Akca Board Meeting
    By gspotmc in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 12:06 PM
  5. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-01-2006, 03:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Articles - Sitemap - FAQs and Rules

KB Footer Graphic
Straight from Japan... For the serious hobbyist!
All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com