Home | About Us | Contact Us


Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 108

Thread: AKCA board meeting minutes May 8 2009

  1. #41
    Honmei Brutuscz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,826
    Quote Originally Posted by schildkoi View Post
    Brutus, you are simply WRONG. In addition to the questionable practice of funneling work for payment to what are otherwise volunteers, there were "undisclosed conflicts of interst."

    Now, you obviously do not know all of the facts nor actually care to. Or perhaps you do and are simply attempting a "spin" campaign. In eiother event, take it some where else where other may actually believe your dribble. You simply came here to stir the pot and create controversy where none should exist.

    Steve
    Steve..Wrong?? I heard this from MORE than a few horses mouths....people in the room!!!! Funny that since I have commented on the previous threads, I have been contacted by many kha's and koi professionals...who tell me my information was SPOT ON!!! They also thanked me for spreading a little light on the truth. The words I have heard from many to describe the ANTICS of Don C...unmentionable on a site such as this. Maybe that looking glass should be pointed inward...that's where the trouble seems to have begun.
    As far as stirring the pot...I didn't come here for that. I have been here for years!!! Not a new member steve...so, get it right for a change!! Maybe the reason there is such unrest about a new magazine..is the old one is getting a little tired!!! Karen's articles were some of the best you had. Maybe we need more articles from the fish's perspective..LOL Those seem to be very good!!!


    If your desire to succeed is greater than your desire to fail, then you will succeed.

  2. #42
    Jumbo HenryC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutuscz View Post
    I heard this from MORE than a few horses mouths....people in the room!!!! Funny that since I have commented on the previous threads, I have been contacted by many kha's and koi professionals...who tell me my information was SPOT ON!!!
    Now we know you are just making things up. Below is the list of those that were at the board meeting. None of these people that were "in the room" spoke to you, much less "more than a few horses mouths". Maybe that is your problem, you have been talking to horses.

    Officers Present Directors Present Guests
    Chair: Harlan Glenn Burt Ballou Galen Hansen
    Vice Chair: Kristine Peterson Brenda Chandler Jack Chapman
    Secretary: Carole Elliott Louie Hernandez
    CFO: Doug Dahl Joyce Glenn
    Don Chandler
    Bob Finnegan
    Joan Finnegan

    As far as KHAs and Koi professionals telling you your information is correct, even if any of them did talk to you, how would they know what is correct? They were not there, they have not read the report, they have not spoken to the original sources of the information. Could it be those people have their own agenda? It is obvious to me that you have just decided to make things up because you have no real information.

    I tell you what, go get real facts and real evidence and we will all bow down to your superior intellect. Until then, we will await your next idiotic rambling.
    Last edited by HenryC; 05-29-2009 at 07:07 PM. Reason: spelling
    Henry

    Orlando, FL

  3. #43
    Tategoi cppond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    304
    You have no credibility. You say you donít want to discuss this, but you are the ones that brought this whole thing up. You ask why don't we discuss it elsewhere, but this is where the attacks began.

    Now you claim you donít want to publicly discuss the issues, but encourage others to post the document. At the same time, you fully disclose the details of a bunch of allegations against Karen that you say did NOT result in her resigning or being targeted for removal, but you will only say that the real issue was a conflict of interest.

    Well, youíve disclosed it all accept the nature of the conflict. One has to wonder why you donít just disclose that since youíve disclosed everything else. The bunch of you have made all kinds of accusations against her, yet you stop short of saying what the conflict is. If this accusation had any merit, you would have given the details. The only reason you don't is because it will make you look more foolish than you already do.



    Quote Originally Posted by HenryC View Post
    There you go again, preaching without having the correct facts. Karen was paid a very substantial amount by a business she was promoting. She was also paid for some work she did for the DBHP program, but that case was not why she was removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy M. View Post
    Roddy,

    I wonder why I recall talking to her on the phone, while she was a KHA and she was calling all the dealers and vets, to find out if they would be apart of the DBHP... And if you go back and read the AKCA minutes from that time frame, it shows that the director of the KHA/DBHP had the AKCA pay $3000.00 to a marketing person to gather this information...


    If I was a KHA I would be pissed to know that I had been giving all my time and help freely, while others were being compensated......
    Quote Originally Posted by schildkoi View Post
    Karen Pattist was determined to have a conflict of interest by the AKCA bylaws. This is uncontrovertable and substantiated by facts. She elected to resign and the board decertified her as a KHA due to such. End of story.

    ...

    If you want to talk about ethics of any party, you might want to explore the topic of undisclosed conflicts of interests and how they can adversely affect an organization.


    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by schildkoi View Post
    Brutus, you are simply WRONG. In addition to the questionable practice of funneling work for payment to what are otherwise volunteers, there were "undisclosed conflicts of interst."

    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by schildkoi View Post
    I would suspect that the AKCA Board is honoring her wishes by not making such public. As to why "so many KHA's be resigning from the program"? I suspect you would have to ask them.


    Steve
    -- Carl --


  4. #44
    Honmei
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,744
    I think Henry covered the information credibility issue.....funny how when backed into the corner, Brutus tries to changes the subject. LOL
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. [email protected]
    CKHPA

  5. #45
    Honmei
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,744
    Quote Originally Posted by cppond View Post
    You have no credibility. You say you donít want to discuss this, but you are the ones that brought this whole thing up. You ask why don't we discuss it elsewhere, but this is where the attacks began.

    Now you claim you donít want to publicly discuss the issues, but encourage others to post the document. At the same time, you fully disclose the details of a bunch of allegations against Karen that you say did NOT result in her resigning or being targeted for removal, but you will only say that the real issue was a conflict of interest.

    Well, youíve disclosed it all accept the nature of the conflict. One has to wonder why you donít just disclose that since youíve disclosed everything else. The bunch of you have made all kinds of accusations against her, yet you stop short of saying what the conflict is. If this accusation had any merit, you would have given the details. The only reason you don't is because it will make you look more foolish than you already do.
    What a load of crap Carl. The initial post in this thread, the AKCA minutes, was here for over a week before you and others from KP decided to come over here and stir the pot and start the attacks. You weren't getting reactions on your own KP and decided to come over here, plain and simple.

    If your attacks on the AKCA had any merit, YOU would post the details. Go away already. Your antics may be acceptable elsewhere, but the folks here won't buy it.

    Steve
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. [email protected]
    CKHPA

  6. #46
    Guest Nancy M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lakewood, So Calif
    Posts
    2,982
    Quote Originally Posted by cppond View Post
    You have no credibility. You say you donít want to discuss this, but you are the ones that brought this whole thing up. You ask why don't we discuss it elsewhere, but this is where the attacks began.

    Now you claim you donít want to publicly discuss the issues, but encourage others to post the document. At the same time, you fully disclose the details of a bunch of allegations against Karen that you say did NOT result in her resigning or being targeted for removal, but you will only say that the real issue was a conflict of interest.

    Well, youíve disclosed it all accept the nature of the conflict. One has to wonder why you donít just disclose that since youíve disclosed everything else. The bunch of you have made all kinds of accusations against her, yet you stop short of saying what the conflict is. If this accusation had any merit, you would have given the details. The only reason you don't is because it will make you look more foolish than you already do.
    Carl

    You really need a reality check.... Go back to koolaid land and your lord...
    It must be the lawyer in you, that makes you believe that you could try to intimadate us..

    Since Bob "Brutuscz" has a copy of the report, I am sure he will post it, for all of us to see.

  7. #47
    Honmei Brutuscz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,826
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryC View Post
    Now we know you are just making things up. Below is the list of those that were at the board meeting. None of these people that were "in the room" spoke to you, much less "more than a few horses mouths". Maybe that is your problem, you have been talking to horses.

    Officers Present Directors Present Guests
    Chair: Harlan Glenn Burt Ballou Galen Hansen
    Vice Chair: Kristine Peterson Brenda Chandler Jack Chapman
    Secretary: Carole Elliott Louie Hernandez
    CFO: Doug Dahl Joyce Glenn
    Don Chandler
    Bob Finnegan
    Joan Finnegan

    As far as KHAs and Koi professionals telling you your information is correct, even if any of them did talk to you, how would they know what is correct? They were not there, they have not read the report, they have not spoken to the original sources of the information. Could it be those people have their own agenda? It is obvious to me that you have just decided to make things up because you have no real information.

    I tell you what, go get real facts and real evidence and we will all bow down to your superior intellect. Until then, we will await your next idiotic rambling.
    So...that is the only akca meeting and the only people ever in the room for them??? Plenty of people other than that list involved in the akca...correct? It is not anyone on your list. But...plenty of people in the know other than those...correct??
    So..lets clarify. I will say..people involved, without saying..in the room at that time. Because, lord knows, if anything is mis-spoken here..it becomes ridicule, stone throwing, hidden agendas and eventually...lynching!!
    It seems like the members of the akca had their own agenda. Unfortunately...it ended badly for some VERY good people. Again...very telling for those that remain!!!
    Nancy...give your BS an effin rest. Anyone with a brain is sick of it. The comments against KP and Stephen are really getting old and tired...and they pour out of you constantly. You are the queen of negativity on this site...and everyone here knows it. This is the problem. Anyone associated with a group,website or magazine the akca doesn't like is thrown under the bus. This is what happened to several kha's. Your own statements about not supporting koiusa magazine in the past certainly reflect this.
    So...we have a website with 12,000+ ravenous koi fans. Rather than embrace them..and welcome them to the hobby, you would prefer to disparage them all because you don't like the guy who started the site. So short sighted and closed minded. There are good people on that site. At this point, Stephen is incidental...the site is much bigger than him now.
    You could talk to 1,000 koi fans on that site without ever dealing with S.H.

    Sorry Nancy...I have a brain of my own and don't like hearing that someone is my lord and I am a minion.
    If you all had any real cajones...all the big shots here would post there as well. But, you would rather demonize the OTHER site and alienate those who go there. I don't know how you think that helps the hobby...but, I can assure you, it does not!!!

  8. #48
    Honmei Brutuscz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,826
    Quote Originally Posted by schildkoi View Post
    I think Henry covered the information credibility issue.....funny how when backed into the corner, Brutus tries to changes the subject. LOL
    Sorry Steve...Don't have to change the subject one bit. Which part of it would you like to discuss...
    The firing of KHA's who write for a magazine other than yours?
    or perhaps the firing of kha's who visit KP??
    Or maybe the witch hunt on Karen Pattist and Spike??
    or maybe the fact that koiusa will no longer carry articles written by Karen Pattist?

    You all just better hope that no one ever writes an 18 page paper about you!!!

  9. #49
    Guest Nancy M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lakewood, So Calif
    Posts
    2,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutuscz View Post
    After reading everything involved....I will stick with Karen, Spike and Roddy on all of this. I question the character of those who made it happen. I seriously question the sanity of the person who wrote that paper implicating them. If someone can take the time to research negative things about Karen...and write a paper on it...seriously, see a psychiatrist and get some meds!! They are greatly needed!! If you know Karen at all...then you know what type of Horsecr*p this is!!! To take personal abuse (in writing) for a thankless job that pays nothing...you would have to be crazy NOT to resign!!! The attacks always seem to come from the same negative SOB's on this site. Never fails!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutuscz View Post
    I am in the same state as Karen. I know of no koi-business owned or run by her?? The bottom line is we can figure out a few things.
    Anyone who can take the time to write a negative 18 page paper about someone has a few issues...
    1 either OTHER motives...like a need to feel important, or political aspirations
    2 some mental/psych problems
    3 way too much spare time
    This person probably has a little of all these issues!!!
    If the AKCA is smart...they will look closely at the person who wrote the paper!!!! People who throw stones..usually live in glass houses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutuscz View Post
    Promoting??That's what you have to say?? So..promoting was needed and you had someone in-house who could do it. so, you hold it against them to get paid for it?? Marketing and promoting hardly make you a koi professional. If a koi business hires someone for marketing..does that make the marketing person a koi professional? I think NOT. If an artist paints a koi picture and sells it...are they an artist or koi professional? This even makes things sound MORE ridiculous. Thanks for proving to everyone that it was a nit picky witch hunt with nothing substantial. NOW, we all know for sure!!!
    Furthermore...it is very interesting that so many of those who have come under fire belong to KP or write for competing magazines. I want to hear someone deny that??
    It just shows how short sighted the akca has become. Here..you have a website with thousands of ravenous koi fans...doing shows and starting magazines. Rather than encourage the expansion and growth of the hobby, you bash it!!! I don't care if you like Stephen H or not. He is a very small part of a big thing in our hobby...that is growing each day. It is a shame, because that short sightedness is going to limit our hobby and the akca. It has already turned hobbyists against each other...just read the previous posts...and you'll KNOW that I am right!!
    My conclusion...we need some young blood and forward thinking in the akca, or it just might come to an end. That would be a shame.
    Also..if it wasn't for another upstart magazine, we wouldn't have this forum at all!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutuscz View Post
    Steve..Wrong?? I heard this from MORE than a few horses mouths....people in the room!!!! Funny that since I have commented on the previous threads, I have been contacted by many kha's and koi professionals...who tell me my information was SPOT ON!!! They also thanked me for spreading a little light on the truth. The words I have heard from many to describe the ANTICS of Don C...unmentionable on a site such as this. Maybe that looking glass should be pointed inward...that's where the trouble seems to have begun.
    As far as stirring the pot...I didn't come here for that. I have been here for years!!! Not a new member steve...so, get it right for a change!! Maybe the reason there is such unrest about a new magazine..is the old one is getting a little tired!!! Karen's articles were some of the best you had. Maybe we need more articles from the fish's perspective..LOL Those seem to be very good!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutuscz View Post
    So...that is the only akca meeting and the only people ever in the room for them??? Plenty of people other than that list involved in the akca...correct? It is not anyone on your list. But...plenty of people in the know other than those...correct??
    So..lets clarify. I will say..people involved, without saying..in the room at that time. Because, lord knows, if anything is mis-spoken here..it becomes ridicule, stone throwing, hidden agendas and eventually...lynching!!
    It seems like the members of the akca had their own agenda. Unfortunately...it ended badly for some VERY good people. Again...very telling for those that remain!!!
    Nancy...give your BS an effin rest. Anyone with a brain is sick of it. The comments against KP and Stephen are really getting old and tired...and they pour out of you constantly. You are the queen of negativity on this site...and everyone here knows it. This is the problem. Anyone associated with a group,website or magazine the akca doesn't like is thrown under the bus. This is what happened to several kha's. Your own statements about not supporting koiusa magazine in the past certainly reflect this.
    So...we have a website with 12,000+ ravenous koi fans. Rather than embrace them..and welcome them to the hobby, you would prefer to disparage them all because you don't like the guy who started the site. So short sighted and closed minded. There are good people on that site. At this point, Stephen is incidental...the site is much bigger than him now.
    You could talk to 1,000 koi fans on that site without ever dealing with S.H.

    Sorry Nancy...I have a brain of my own and don't like hearing that someone is my lord and I am a minion.
    If you all had any real cajones...all the big shots here would post there as well. But, you would rather demonize the OTHER site and alienate those who go there. I don't know how you think that helps the hobby...but, I can assure you, it does not!!!
    Oh Bob
    You poor little man........

    Congrats you have earned a free ride on KP, I would bet you could be the next MVP..... Or if you are really lucky you can supply the members with the next grow out fish

    Remember to Qt them and get them ALL tested... Never trust the dealer or breeder, that they did all of it for you. And even if they did it does not mean those fishies you sell are 100% KHV free.

    I am sure that your new circle of friends can give you all the scoop of the AKCA and what happens at the meetings...

    Remember tonight is a board meeting so your inside information should be coming in a couple hours.

    Signed the [email protected] Queen

  10. #50
    Honmei Brutuscz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,826
    Oh...and I almost left out:
    The 200+ page book made by Don C. against 3 KHA's!!! Full of nonsense.
    THATS RIGHT...200+pages!!! Guy is INSANE!!!!! When Karen wouldn't de-certify the 3 KHA's....suddenly, an 18 page book about her!!! Anyone care to re-but the 200+ page witch hunt aginst 3 kha's???

    OOOP's...bet you didn't want people to know about Don C's other little witch hunt!!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. AKCA Board meeting 8/14/2009 minutes
    By Nancy M. in forum Club News and Updates
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-19-2009, 12:39 PM
  2. AKCA Minutes of June 12, 2009
    By Nancy M. in forum Club News and Updates
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 03:50 PM
  3. AKCA Board meeting 5-13-2009
    By Nancy M. in forum Club News and Updates
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2009, 11:20 AM
  4. Akca Board Meeting
    By gspotmc in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 11:06 AM
  5. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-01-2006, 02:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Articles - Sitemap - FAQs and Rules

KB Footer Graphic
Straight from Japan... For the serious hobbyist!
All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com