Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: ZNA SoCal chapter annual Koi auction

ZNA SoCal chapter annual Koi auction

Mark your calendar, the next annual Zen Nippon Airinkai, Southern California chapter, Koi auction is scheduled for November 7th, 2010.

The location will be at Andrew's Koi International on Brookhurst Ave. in Anaheim, California.

The auction is a little bit earlier this year to accommodate the popular auctioneer and club member Chai Taevanitcharoen who will be traveling to Thailand on the 8th of November.

This is always a great auction and a good time to pick up some nice big new additions for your pond or auction off one of two fish to make more room in your pond.

I will be takeing some large fish

Louie

Fry
    I'm interested in going to this auction. Does anyone have more details on what the auction is like, how it works, or what to expect? I just started my pond up 2 months ago, and only started reading this forum about 6 months ago, so I'm really new to all of this.

Based on what I've read and seen on this and other forums, I have become very fond of Omosako, Dainichi, and SFF. Since I don't really know what I am doing though, I doubt I would know if a good deal hit me in the face.

I am currently trying to focus on growing a couple of tosai shiro utsuri and kohaku. I'm also open to purchasing a tosai Marusei chagoi or Izumiya yamabuki ogon.

Some questions I have about the auction:
    Who will be there selling koi (retailers? private sellers?)
    Will be any small koi (6-10"), or if it will mostly be nisai and up?
    Are all of the koi show grade/super expensive?
    is the auction cash only?

Sorry if I am long winded, just want to know if this auction is something that I should attend, or if I should wait until I am more experienced. Thank you in advance.

Jumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by nebriowa View Post
    I'm interested in going to this auction. Does anyone have more details on what the auction is like, how it works, or what to expect? I just started my pond up 2 months ago, and only started reading this forum about 6 months ago, so I'm really new to all of this.

Based on what I've read and seen on this and other forums, I have become very fond of Omosako, Dainichi, and SFF. Since I don't really know what I am doing though, I doubt I would know if a good deal hit me in the face.

I am currently trying to focus on growing a couple of tosai shiro utsuri and kohaku. I'm also open to purchasing a tosai Marusei chagoi or Izumiya yamabuki ogon.

Sorry if I am long winded, just want to know if this auction is something that I should attend, or if I should wait until I am more experienced. Thank you in advance.
    Drop in on the auction if you have a time, you will be welcomed.

ZNA So Cal
    all sizes including small koi (4-10")
    all different grades / super cheap
    cash and check, no plastic cards.

See you.

Smile auction

Go to our website znasocakoiclub. org for time and location.
    More info call me at 714-345-1533 glad to talk to you.
    Louie

Quote Originally Posted by nebriowa View Post

Who will be there selling koi? private sellers

Will be any small koi (6-10"), or if it will mostly be nisai and up? No small Koi this year unless somebody had a spawning.

Are all of the koi show grade/super expensive? No, its an auction and there can be some good deals. Some years it is a "buyers auction" and some years it is a "sellers auction" (supply and demand).

Is the auction cash only? No, I think the club takes checks.

Quote Originally Posted by ricshaw View Post
    Who will be there selling koi? private sellers

Will be any small koi (6-10"), or if it will mostly be nisai and up? No small Koi this year unless somebody had a spawning.

Are all of the koi show grade/super expensive? No, its an auction and there can be some good deals. Some years it is a "buyers auction" and some years it is a "sellers auction" (supply and demand).

Is the auction cash only? No, I think the club takes checks.
    UPDATE:

I think it was a successful auction. I do not know how much money the club made for the upcoming show.

There were plenty of small Koi (Kohaku) from a decent spawning available.

Louie brought some outstanding large Shiro Utsuris (that went cheap!).

A big 24"+ Hi Utsuri was "stole" for $75.00!

If anybody is interested, I saw that Andrew's Koi had several Ki Utsuris.

I hope to see everybody at next year's auction and the upcoming ZNA SoCal Koi Show.