Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By peterlaurie

Thread: N.W. KOI & GOLDFISH CLUB show new location /date

Fry

N.W. KOI & GOLDFISH CLUB show new location /date

33 rd Annual N.W Koi & Goldfish Club -Show...New Date: September 28 & 29 2013
    New location : UWAJIMAYA market In conjunction with
    The Japan Society of Oregon - festival
    address 10500 SW Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy Beaverton Oregon.
    Later in the season so your fish will be at their peak condition to show.
    Come join in all the fun !
    Show chair : Daren Beck - [email protected]
    Club website: -------- www.nwkg.org

Tosai
    This is going to be a great show!! Can't wait!

Best of luck on your show, I see it is the same weekend as our clubs CCKS show, I have heard alot of good things regarding your show, best of luck and I look forward to seeing the pics of the winners and the show.

Tosai
    It is unfortunate that we share the same date, our old facility priced us out of there. The main reason for this date is that it ties in with the Japanese Festival in Beaverton. The group has been very helpful and they have the thing that Koi people love with watching fish....Food! The festival will have food booths and art which will be fun to sample while the judging is going on.
    cencalkoi likes this.

Well it sounds like a fun time. We have had our location the same for many years and it only costs $5.00, although it is outside and can get warm some years it has hit almost 100 which is not good for the koi or the volunteers. But this year it will be in the 80's so it should be much more pleasant. We got alot of donations for our raffle and we are looking forward to the show. I look forward to your show pics and updates as I will be posting mine that weekend. Have a great time.
    Rosimeri Tran
    CENTRAL CALIFORNIA KOI SOCIETY
    cencalkoi.com

Tosai
    Notice:

We have a storm coming in Sunday that will bring high winds to the area. Due to this weather event, we are having the Auction immediately after the judging around 2:00pm Saturday. Koi will be allowed to go home after the Auction or first thing on Sunday. Come out today! It will be great to see you.

Sansai
    Hi all:

We had a nice, authentic NW koi show experience to match our authentic NW koi keeping experience... I'm really sorry that the untimely squall curtailed events, as the NW Koi and Goldfish Club offers up one of the nicest group of people you're ever likely to meet. In addition, the level of competition was uniformly high, and featured excellent examples of ki utsuri, goshiki, kumonryu, etc... to balance out the top flight gosanke.

Chris Charbonneau took GC and Bill Tullis took Reserve.

-t
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails N.W. KOI & GOLDFISH CLUB show new location /date-img_1968.jpg   N.W. KOI & GOLDFISH CLUB show new location /date-img_1965.jpg   N.W. KOI & GOLDFISH CLUB show new location /date-img_1963.jpg   N.W. KOI & GOLDFISH CLUB show new location /date-img_1960.jpg   N.W. KOI & GOLDFISH CLUB show new location /date-img_1957.jpg  

N.W. KOI & GOLDFISH CLUB show new location /date-img_1956.jpg   N.W. KOI & GOLDFISH CLUB show new location /date-img_1969.jpg   N.W. KOI & GOLDFISH CLUB show new location /date-img_1970.jpg   N.W. KOI & GOLDFISH CLUB show new location /date-img_1972.jpg   N.W. KOI & GOLDFISH CLUB show new location /date-img_1973.jpg  

N.W. KOI & GOLDFISH CLUB show new location /date-img_1982.jpg   N.W. KOI & GOLDFISH CLUB show new location /date-img_1983.jpg   N.W. KOI & GOLDFISH CLUB show new location /date-img_1984.jpg   N.W. KOI & GOLDFISH CLUB show new location /date-img_1986.jpg   N.W. KOI & GOLDFISH CLUB show new location /date-img_1989.jpg  

N.W. KOI & GOLDFISH CLUB show new location /date-img_1992.jpg   N.W. KOI & GOLDFISH CLUB show new location /date-img_1996.jpg   N.W. KOI & GOLDFISH CLUB show new location /date-img_1999.jpg  

Tosai
    Hi all

Here are the winners from the show. I will post the size winners as soon as I get them. 2013 Koi Show results - News
    Pete

Sansai
    I really liked the last picture. Something about that showa... They were all great fish, thanks for the link -Mike