Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thanks to the Camellia Club

Quote Originally Posted by scvkoi
    The Camellia Koi Club thanks all who came out to make it's Sacramento Koi Show a success.

Erwinsan, Aquitori, Keokoi... dudes, hope we don't have to wait a year to hook up and speak koi.

Planning has already begun for Sacramento Koi Show 2005, more "fun" and new awards coming
    Definitely, we shouldn't wait till next year. Although, I'm already looking forward to next year's event (even if its only for the beer ). You guys are real cool people .

Tategoi
    We had a goodly amount of $$ from the vendors too, who, I suspect, also made a goodly amount of $$ at the show. The vendor support early on made it so we can look at the food bills and tank rental costs and say "no worries".

I want to especially recognize Rick Blazo (Wild Orchid Koi and Water Gardens, in Santa Cruz) as especially helpful. He pitched in with setup and benching on Friday and was a great help to Jim Phillips with the water quality.

Be sure to get Rick involved with the Santa Cruz event. You won't regret it!

P.S. And, no, I'm not just saying this because I won a $20 fish from Wild Orchid in the raffle. It takes alot more to bribe me!

Ditto Jason's Thanks to Rick B., not only for Friday, Saturday, but especially Sunday when it always gets to be a mad house..with people wanting to jam home with their koi.

Maybe a special award for next year:
    Erwinsan Prize (Here for the sake (only the finest though)).

Quote Originally Posted by scvkoi
    Ditto Jason's Thanks to Rick B., not only for Friday, Saturday, but especially Sunday when it always gets to be a mad house..with people wanting to jam home with their koi.

Maybe a special award for next year:
    Erwinsan Prize (Here for the sake (only the finest though)).
    Garry - It would an honor to have a prize titled after myself. Even if it is only for the "sake" and the winner is based on the ugliest and probably weirdest koi in the show LOL .

erwin

All in all we all had fun...We can all joke with each other with no hard feelings, Joe and Erwin especially...With so many problems we all face each day, the show seemed to be a retreat from all the BS in the world around us. Where else can you have a whole weekend to spend time with koi and hobbyist. Like I said before I give Garry, Bob and the rest of the Club memebers props...!!!!

Also, what is a club without a show every year? That club is nothing!!! The term "Koi" shouldn't be in the name of the club(s)...What I want to see next year or some where down the road is an All-Northern California Koi Club Show!!! Probably may be too much of a hassel but then again it would be nice!!!

I think the Camellia Koi Club earned their props last weekend!!! Much love to all...2005 Baby!!!! I'll bring the Sake cold and warm!!!! Peace....

Antonio AKA aquitori
    KOI-UNIT.....

Quote Originally Posted by erwinsan
    That's right - they sell koi at Petco (do they have a Petco in SC ). maybe we will see your entries next year.
    What is Petco? Oh well I guess you would have to shop there to know the inside stuff.

An all Northern California koi show would be great, but the ultimate would be an All California Koi Show. Something like a nor-cal vs. so-cal hobbyist and maybe even a Shinkokai show were dealers can compete against each other. I could just imagine what koi may come out.

Quote Originally Posted by keokoi
    What is Petco? Oh well I guess you would have to shop there to know the inside stuff. !
    now, now, you know admitting is the first step to recovery

And Erwinsan how long is your bigger kohaku before the show? !!

aiight then.....

Quote Originally Posted by keokoi
    And Erwinsan how long was your bigger kohaku in your home pond before the show?

aiight then.....
    "aiight then", so now you're mini Martin Lawrence?!? and here we go again; thinking size is everything, toooo bad

and as much as I want to continue this dialogue, I have to go somewhere tonight... so peace and don't take it personal; we all have our faults....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast