Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rocky Mountain Koi show August 19/20 in Denver

I'd love to hear Devin talk on his Marudo experience. I'll be there for the show! Looking forward to it.

Nisai
    Quote Originally Posted by keokoi View Post
    Just in Case these guys drop a fish or spear one with the net... You can blame it on the first guy that reccomended them

PS maybe you should had Devin do a talk on his Marudo experience..

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by l113892 View Post
    I'd love to hear Devin talk on his Marudo experience. I'll be there for the show! Looking forward to it.
    Not much of a story yet, just filling out the Visa paperwork now, my internship can't start till I am jyu hachi sai (18 y/o). So I'll be heading over spring of 2007.

-Devin

It has begun.......

Here are a couple of set up pics from Thursday, 17th. Posting at 6:20 am here and then I have to go out to pond to catch fish!

Tosai

Best wishes for your show.......

Hi Jan et al,

Good luck to you all.

Mark & Ritta

Talking

Great to hear from friends in Wales. Thank you for the good wishes, and we hope all is wonderful for you there!

The show is a wrap. WOW! Judges were, Galen Hansen, Head Judge, Debby Hester, Dave Hester and Pam Spindola. 191 koi entered and 14 wonderful vendors. Vendor Champs were Grand Champ - Hung's Koi (Denver), with a kohaku supplied by Genki Nishikigoi and Baby Champ with a showa -Eastern Nishikigoi.

Hobbyist Show Winners Include:

Grand Champion Size 6, Kohaku Owner, Carolyn Swanson
    Reserve Champ Size 6, Tancho Showa Owner, Carolyn Swanson
    Young Champ Size 4, Showa Owners, Dick and Sue Emerick
    Baby Champ Size 1, GinRin Showa Owners, Jan and Scott Thompson

Thanks, everyone who attended, for your support. I was too busy to get the koi pics, so maybe Bob Winkler will jump on here with some.
    JanT

Hello Jan . . .

Congrats on a successful show. Bet you're tired now but know it must have been a blast.

Thanks, Don.
    I really want to thank all the help which showed up to put this show on. Behind the scenes, the koi kichi who pull together and work for the good of the whole show and not just their own interests are the ones to thank. And there are many. (never enough though, when crunch time comes)
    Just a couple of the good guys I will mention here tonite, because I think thanking them is so important: Mike Pfeffer and his beautiful wife, Michelle. (my hubby says she works like the energizer bunny) Folks, these two were on their vacation to Colorado!...and intentionally strayed to our show and worked intensely, even to tear down at the end of the day Sunday. Very humbled by them. Dan Kindall, of our Club. He must have done some part of every job to be done. Amazing. Barb Flowers, who helped her husband do terrific work on the computer to make things run so smoothly, plus put together Japanese fabric underlayment for the lantern centerpieces at the banquet, plus made gifts for the lady judges and buy snacks to bring for all the workers. My husband, who worked for 4 days solid, helping with everything because he loves the koi & people as much as I do. And, of course, Bob Winkler, my co-chair, who did so much, so quietly (with handling things that I didn't even know still needed to be handled). Forgive me, Bob, but yell a bit sooner, and a bit louder and meaner (like me) to communicate to others that they need to pitch in to take some heat. Doesn't pay to be too nice.
    This was a big Show and a big undertaking. And a success. The hobby has grown and prospered in Denver, CO.

JanT, your truly a class act for recognizing all of your helping hands who made the show a success. I know because of that you will your show will continue in to grow for your club and the hobby in return.. I wish your clubs show a success with many more helping hands to come..

Joe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12