Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sakai Seminar 2008

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Lam Nguyen View Post
    Thank you for having me Russell. Can't wait to see you and Kari again and to meet new kichis!
    You're welcome, it is a great event and has a lot of great people. It will be informative and fun.

Hey Lam

How about some of the OLDE kichi's?

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by dick benbow View Post
    How about some of the OLDE kichi's?
    Boy, you're not kidding.

Hi Dick, how can I ever forget about the old kichis, especially when one of them is The Koi Coach?! Shame on me! I am so sorry for being disrespectful, Coach, but I can assure you that I did not intentionally leave the old kichis out. Please allow this rookie to rephrase, I can't wait to see Russell and Kari again and to meet new kichis. But more importantly, I can't wait to see the old kichis that I have befriended over the past year.

Does that sound better?! Dick, I really do hope to see you there at the seminar. Will you and/or your wife be able to make it? At least this seminar will give me something to look forward to and make time whisk by during the cold winter months here in the Pacific Northwest.

Last year was such a good time, and i too met some new kichi's to me. (both young and olde) LOL

You know, I don't think there is any finer teacher than Sakai-san and that was a big part of why I went but getting to know the folks who post here was huge. So I'm glad to hear your going as it will only advance your knowledge and make more friends.

I got to see Russ's and kari's place and just emerse myself in koi. I hope those who didn't get a chance to go last year will definetely plan on being there. I think we all owe a debt of gratitude to Peter's and sons for making it possible again this year.
    Dick Benbow

Dick I second that sentiment. Russ and Kari have/are doing more for the hobbyist/kichi than any other dealer. This is not a plug for their business, just true sentiment from someone who really believes in their business model. It's far more than about profit and loss. It's about the hobby!!See you in February

Mike

Yes I agree that Russ and Kari have contributed tremendously to this hobby, and I am appreciative of them hosting the Sakai seminar and giving koi kichis around the nation a chance to get together to put faces with names. I hope that many kichis will show up to not only support Toshio Sakai and the Peters, but to learn and advance in/the koi hobby.

Banned

It was a blast last year!

I recommend anyone who has not gone, to go! This is a very informative opportunity and what you learn here in 2 days, it would have taken you months or even years to pick this kind of knowledge up (you may not ever otherwise). GO to the event! you will not regret it!

Fry

Smile further information

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
    Toshio Sakai is coming back to the Bay Area to do another seminar. The seminar will be held February 23rd and 24th at the Sheraton in Pleasanton. This year the event will again be sponsored by Peters and Sons Koi and the host club will be the Camellia Koi Club.
    The ZNA Nor-Cal club was offered the event but was unable to meet the deadline for signing the letter of agreement.
    More information will follow as it becomes available.

Hi Russ, Could you give me more information about that seminar? entire, registration, contact name, etc. Thank in advance for your help.

Regard,

Yoyok Hartawan
    Indonesia

Fry

Smile further information

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
    Toshio Sakai is coming back to the Bay Area to do another seminar. The seminar will be held February 23rd and 24th at the Sheraton in Pleasanton. This year the event will again be sponsored by Peters and Sons Koi and the host club will be the Camellia Koi Club.
    The ZNA Nor-Cal club was offered the event but was unable to meet the deadline for signing the letter of agreement.
    More information will follow as it becomes available.

Hi Russ, Could you give me more information about that seminar? entire, registration, contact name, etc. Thank in advance for your help.

Regard,

Yoyok Hartawan
    Indonesia

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast