Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camellia Koi Club presents: Toshio Sakai in Seminar, February 23 - 24, 2008

Camellia Koi Club presents: Toshio Sakai in Seminar, February 23 - 24, 2008

Mr. Toshio Sakai of the Isawa Nishikigoi Center, one of the most notable and highly regarded Nishikigoi breeders in Japan, is coming to the San Francisco Bay Area in February 2008 to present another 2 day seminar on Nishikigoi. The first day of the seminar will feature a lecture by Mr. Sakai followed by a banquet, and the second day of the seminar will feature a judging competition for the participants. The Grand Prize for the winner of the competition is TBA (soon) by PSKoi. The Camellia Koi Club will hold this educational event at the Sheraton Hotel in Pleasanton, California (near Oakland Airport). They are able to present the event through the generosity of Peters & Sons Koi & Pond Supply, the event Sponsor and Grand Prize provider. All proceeds from this event benefit the Camellia Koi Club, a non-profit organization. In 1974 the Matsunosuke Blood Line was created by the Sakai Family. After many years of development, Matsunosuke Koi became the All Japan Show Grand Champions in 1994, 1995, 1997, and 2002. Toshio Sakai went on to develop a Matsunosuke blood line for Showa that has become highly respected and shows great quality because of the stability of the Sumi (black color). His knowledge and expertise in the selection of Nishikigoi will be shared with the participants of the Camellia Koi Club event. For more registration and hotel information please visit www.camelliakoi.org. This event will limited to 80 participants.
    Last edited by scvkoi; 12-17-2007 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Updated Information about Mr. Sakai
    GarryC

Honmei
    If there are any topics or questions you would like to have discussed at the seminar please e-mail us at [email protected] or post them here. We have already submitted several topics to Mr. Sakai. His response was very positive and he has asked me to let let everyone know that he will try to cover as many questions as possible. Now's your chance!

what's the cost and when is deadline for pre-registrations?

Steve

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Nguyen View Post
    what's the cost and when is deadline for pre-registrations?

Steve
    Steve, all of the information is on the Camellia Koi Club website. There is a link above in the information Garry provided.

Sansai
    Hello Russell, when Mr Toshio Sakai came over did he bring some good fish with him to sales at seminar or just talk about koi only?

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyen4 View Post
    Hello Russell, when Mr Toshio Sakai came over did he bring some good fish with him to sales at seminar or just talk about koi only?
    He will be bringing some very nice Koi to the seminar.

there was a sanke there I wanted last time

but i didn't get to it in time. My Friend Larry, was able to get his hands on an incredible Kohaku, which has been coming along nicely for him. There were also some modestly priced showa that were silent auctioned that were pretty nice as well.

Better ask Santa for Coin of the Realm this year instead of presents and start saving!

Dick

Glad to see you coming back for the second series. Should be great fun to see what Toshio brings with him this time.

Mike

Mike, I think besides the knowledge angle, it is really was fun to meet many of this board's posters and create new friendships. and February on my schedule is open right now so hopefully, I can return. March is Nevada and april is Oregon. I know my koi kichi friends the Olson's from Spokane, are looking to come again this year. Last year was fun for me cause I got to meet you and russ and kari and dinh and dan and bob and shiela ( well you get the idea!) and I'd never been looked after any better than by hosting club member Larry Gill, who has become a very special friend. I hope those that are thinking about it will ask Santa to make it possible
    Dick Benbow

Pencil me in, if you please. My February 2008 schedule is looking fluid enough to go. I'll get my payment in by January, right after I recover from "the giving season."

Marie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast