Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Koi America 2009, October 2-4, 2009, Westminster, Maryland, USA

Tosai

Koi America 2009, October 2-4, 2009, Westminster, Maryland, USA

AKCA/ZNA judge Art Lembke and myself have teamed up as koi show co-chairs for Koi America 2009. Art could have done the job by himself two years ago, but since half of Art is now missing he needed some help

In addition to being one of the premier shows on the East coast, this year we have some special things in store for koi show participants. One I will mention now is the awarding of three substantial prizes thru random drawing for show participants. For every koi entered, show participants receive one chance in the drawings. The more koi entered the more chances participants have in the drawings! And I do mean SUBSTANTIAL prizes.......

Koi shows are one of the best opportunities made available to the koi hobbyist to experience many quality specimens in one place at the same time. To maximize your educational experience from a koi show, dive in and sign up to participate in one of the many ways possible - volunteer to work in the koi show (water quality, bowling, benching, equipment handling, koi handling, etc....), bring koi to enter in the show, help a fellow club member bring koi to/from the show (alot involved here, ALOT), support the vendors with great show pricing, attend educational seminars during the show, follow (international...) judges around and listen to how they selected show winners, meet other koi kichi hobbyists from around the globe, etc.......

See www.makc.com for complete show details as the year goes by and email me directly at [email protected] to let me know how you would like to help in the show! First come first serve, although we will find a place for everyone who wants to experience, participate & learn

less work more koi,

Dan Phillips
    koi show co-chairman

Tosai

Koi America - time to sign up koi kichi!

OK, what are you waiting for koi kichi??? Time to make your hotel & tank reservations for MAKC Koi America 2009, October 2-4!!! Never to early, but could be to late when all rooms & tanks are taken The one of a kind special addition collector's t-shirt, with killer logo on front, designed by Philip Bronikowski, and beautiful kohaku "Grace" of Purdin koi farm on back, is a MUST have for the koi kichi. Show volunteers get first choice at a free show t-shirt. For every koi you enter in the show, this gives you a chance to win $200 and there are THREE such drawings! See Mid-Atlantic Koi Club Frame Layout/Index Page for complete details and all forms, etc.....

less work more koi,

Dan Phillips
    koi show co-chairman