Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lam's Dainichi Hotaru Certified Female JT Sanke & Other Gosanke Growout

lot's of questions for you Lam. LOTS!

I'll wait till the posts are updated for now and just wish you good luck on this endeavor.

Should be a great little GO for us to follow. Thanks for sharing.

Grant

I'll be watching you too, Lam....looks like a fun project...

first thing we need to do is get Lam to realize that
    1) you don't mess with texas.....

I got my new RO up and running, numbers are spot on and the amount of water change has doubled.

Oh boy, the GO hasn't even started and questions are already fired. Grant and Dan, please fire away. I will try my best to answer them and hope that we can all learn from this GO and have you guys contribute to this GO, too.

Just to put things in perspective, please remember that this is just a "fun and educational" tosai/nisai growout. The koi are nothing spectacular so please don't be disappointed when you see them. The whole purpose for this GO is to (1) have fun with fellow hobbyists and develop longlasting friendship along the way, (2) possibly learn how Dainichi's new Hotaru sanke develops, (3) continue to test Mike Snaden's theory on growing koi, (4) see a few Texan hobbyists cry and (5) improve my koi keeping skills/knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by dick benbow View Post
    first thing we need to do is get Lam to realize that
    1) you don't mess with texas.....

I got my new RO up and running, numbers are spot on and the amount of water change has doubled.
    Coach, somebody's gotta put 'em Texans in place, so mind as well let it be Matt & Tracy, you and me that will do it. Seriously though, the Texan hobbyists are some of the most rabid kichiis I have ever met. They are gonna be really competitive so we had better focus on growing our Hotaru sanke.

Coach, care to share what your water numbers are currently and why you are targeting these particular numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Lam Nguyen View Post
    Oh boy, the GO hasn't even started and questions are already fired. Grant and Dan, please fire away. I will try my best to answer them and hope that we can all learn from this GO and have you guys contribute to this GO, too.

Just to put things in perspective, please remember that this is just a "fun and educational" tosai/nisai growout. The koi are nothing spectacular so please don't be disappointed when you see them. The whole purpose for this GO is to (1) have fun with fellow hobbyists and develop longlasting friendship along the way, (2) possibly learn how Dainichi's new Hotaru sanke develops, (3) continue to test Mike Snaden's theory on growing koi, (4) see a few Texan hobbyists cry and (5) improve my koi keeping skills/knowledge.

Ok... I'll start slow. In one of your hypothesis, you're looking to test food impact. (one kind of food vs. a mixture) Are you going to keep them seperate and try the two approaches? Or just switch things around in incriments? (like 3 mos on the mix, then 3 months on the single source)

Grant

I'm anxious to see what the differences are due to the vast differences in water La'me. I have pretty darn hard water and high PH....(over 8) It will be interesting to see how it will effect the colors.

Thanks for posting this, Lam. It will be educational for all of us. I'm hoping to be in the contest next year.

PLEASE, tell me you didn't sex any of the fish.

Tosai
    subscribed!

Quote Originally Posted by dtran6 View Post
    subscribed!
    David, I told you that you should have gotten in this GO so that there will be another Texan to woop Lam's butt.

I'm glad that Dick brought up the subject of the RO, that will remind me to fire up the 2500gpd unit I got hidden.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast