Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: omosako shiro re-visit

Meg
    great, that is six of us for sure, a couple with multiple koi! hopefuly a few more will join us.
    Sandy? Bill? ....who else still has a Omosako shiro grow out? I know there are more of you!

Still have mine Meg. I'll pull them and post them sometime in between now and Larry's date. Oct. & Nov. are always busy here.

Hopefully I pull the right fish I have 3 others besides the 2 growouts. One of my others looks like #60.

#60 is coming along. Not much growth though.

With any luck the timing of this should work out for me to shoot some of 51 and her new Showa Cousin from Momotaro the same week A nice (and unexpected) bonus for me

So... WHERE are we going to post our update pictures? Here, or on our original growout threads?

I'll show a few update pics...

I gave one of the omosako's away....i put one in the waterwheel pond that pretty much won the ugly duckling contest .....i think Grant said i should bury it under a mango tree....i still have it but in the unheated waterwheel pond it is not gaining any size at all...and is still not a looker....
    all together i ended up in the beginning with three fish and then Rod L wanted to back out so i bought his three...and i got a tancho...so seven fish all together.... here are the five that are left...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails omosako shiro re-visit-dsc_0091.jpg   omosako shiro re-visit-dsc_0092.jpg  

growth...

they range is size from 17" for the tancho showa and 20 1/4" for the largest mostly white with strong odome sumi one....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails omosako shiro re-visit-img_2234.jpg   omosako shiro re-visit-img_2235.jpg   omosako shiro re-visit-img_2236.jpg  

My favorite was Shamu for her pattern....the white star shape over the eye..... unfortunately she had a hard time spawning this year and from the stress her sumi has gone down....this is a pic from earlier before she lost the sumi...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails omosako shiro re-visit-dsc_0008.jpg   omosako shiro re-visit-dsc_0010.jpg   omosako shiro re-visit-dsc_0058.jpg  

and a pic of her now....she looks like she has a small sumi lightning bolt....on her face....a harry potter mark

looking at the omosako shiro's that i have i like the shiroji on all of them but one...and mostly i am still waiting for sumi....hopefully not in vain....and the one with the yellowish shiroji, i am thinking about moving on...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails omosako shiro re-visit-dsc_0070.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    So... WHERE are we going to post our update pictures? Here, or on our original growout threads?
    I just put mine on here...

This is the only one I have left. A little stubby, only 17'. The shiroji is really white but a little too much sumi on the face. The sumi is not completely up but it's still a young fish. I don't think it will ever grow to any size much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails omosako shiro re-visit-growout-shiro.jpg  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast