Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: David Soon and The MousKoiteers

Quote Originally Posted by ikoi View Post
    Hello brothers,

Cookies are ready for the babies. (i broke another blender - luckily it's not the one that i took from the kitchen.)

Cheers,
    Vic.

Great Effort Brother Vic

I have to admire you for putting in so much effort in providing the best food for your kois . Brother Grant is using Dainichi Original , product of FD Food , for the first time , while I'm using FD Primo Plus ( 50 pct ) and FD Color Up ( 50 pct ) throughout for my mouskiteer ... . I'm not sure what brother Larry feeds so far , but believe to be some krills and fresh fruit ?? Will see the developement of these 4 fishes this November / December when you guys are ready to pull them in for winter ..

Can't wait to see the 4 developement ..

David

I don't want to start counting my chickens before they hatch but visually it seems to me that Eri is growing quite well...

Crossing my fingers that my greenhouse (sorta... ) coupled with the fantastic food David gave me is going to have me up front.

I feel terrible for Brother Larry and only wish he was still alongside us growing these wonderful fish. I know that he would be giving us all a run for the money if not for his most unfortunate incident.

Good luck Brother Victor and David. And still thinking of Brother Larry often as I'm feeding Eri.

Best,

Grant

Brother Grant,

Very nice to hear that Eri is growing well. As we could see from brother David's videos, his Muskoiteer Kohaku is awesomely well too. That leaves my little baby behind hehehe... let me beef her up a bit.

I hope brother Larry is doing well too. Is he on vacation or something?

Cheers,
    Vic.

Sansai
    Wow! I was reading this thread and seen Grant post (sorry about Larry's unfortunate incident).
    I have read this forum for average 2 hours a day for the last 3 months. I knew right away who "Larry" was. I first thought something had happen to him. So I started searching. Finally found his thread about his fish. I spent the next 2 hours reading all the great comments from all the koi hobbiest from this forum.
    Glad to hear it wasn't him, but WOW very sad story he lost all his fish overnight due to lack of oxygen.
    Sorry guys, I'm gonna have to root for Grant to win this one! He has helped me DRAMTICALLY in my pond build! GO GRANT! haha
    And goodluck to you others!
    -Mike

Thanks Mike for supporting our little GO. Looks like that Brother David and i need to work on recruiting some fans like American idols to support our Kohaku babies.

Vic.

Quote Originally Posted by gcuss View Post
    I don't want to start counting my chickens before they hatch but visually it seems to me that Eri is growing quite well...

Crossing my fingers that my greenhouse (sorta... ) coupled with the fantastic food David gave me is going to have me up front.

I feel terrible for Brother Larry and only wish he was still alongside us growing these wonderful fish. I know that he would be giving us all a run for the money if not for his most unfortunate incident.

Good luck Brother Victor and David. And still thinking of Brother Larry often as I'm feeding Eri.

Best,

Grant
    Blessed Day Brother Grant

Brother Vic will be geting his hands on some FD Food this weekend I hope , and there should be a few more months for bulking up the Muskoiteers ... . This is just the first season .... .

I'm looking at some growth in my muskoiteer here too !!! BEWARE !!

David

Sansai
    Hey guys (brothers) hehehe
    Are you guys competing in like a koi grow out show????
    Sorry if I missed something in an earlier post....
    Curious if there was a date you all was comming together to compare apples and oranges. See who has grown the biggest and best koi?
    I would love to go to some Koi shows!
    Wished I had some of you experts closer to me! I don't think there are any REAL serious koi enthusiest close to me. Next year I might have to go on a road trip and see how some REAL koi are suppose to look!
    God bless!!!!
    -Mike

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSoon View Post
    Blessed Day Brother Grant

Brother Vic will be geting his hands on some FD Food this weekend I hope , and there should be a few more months for bulking up the Muskoiteers ... . This is just the first season .... .

I'm looking at some growth in my muskoiteer here too !!! BEWARE !!

David
    Oh I'm worried Brother David. Trust me. While my pond is very good for my koi, I don't have the water quality that you do, and I certainly don't have the feeding schedule either. I'm trying to decide if I want to take Eri to my club's koi show this Sept. 10th. I don't want to hinder her growth but I'd really like to share her with the rest of my club... Decisions decisions....

Quote Originally Posted by rifraf View Post
    Hey guys (brothers) hehehe
    Are you guys competing in like a koi grow out show????
    Sorry if I missed something in an earlier post....
    Curious if there was a date you all was comming together to compare apples and oranges. See who has grown the biggest and best koi?
    I would love to go to some Koi shows!
    Wished I had some of you experts closer to me! I don't think there are any REAL serious koi enthusiest close to me. Next year I might have to go on a road trip and see how some REAL koi are suppose to look!
    God bless!!!!
    -Mike
    Hey Mike,

The grow out will be just an online thing here at Bito. We're all just looking for bragging rights and more importantly an education on koi development. We all have similar koi, and we're all feeding similar food. Genetics are still going to play a large role in the results but we'll be able to compare husbandry practices and the differences that they have made between the koi involved. It will be interesting because we all live in very different climates which in turn provide very different growing opportunities. I have a more 4 season approach to growing koi in that there is a long fasting period in winter so I would expect my kohaku to be smaller than the rest, but I also think mine might have the best beni due to less growth? No way to know for sure but it will be fun and educational.

Next year Brother David and some of his friends from his side of the world are planning on attending the Northern California show and I'm planning on bringing Eri with me to show so that he can see her again. So it's on me to do the best I can with her!

Grant

Good Day Brother Grant and Brother Victor

Just in case you guys missed the video I just posted on the other thread on preparation and beefing the fishes in Skylar's Pond for our coming 2nd NHA Show in Singapore .... You can spot the muskoiteer beefing her way up now !!!

Skylar's Pond - The 5th month - YouTube

Challenging enough ???

David

Uhmm Victor??

We'd better get going on Oyster Cookies and cheeseburgers (worked for me to bulk up)

Awesome video Brother David. I won't be around the computer for a while, I'm going to go feed Eri around the clock. Does anyone know where I can purchase steroids for koi?

Grant

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast