Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Duc's Omosako Growout

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Duc, the Drs are having a great sale on that auto feeder I've been using since '06. You looking at that one?
    yeah that one or the dreampond one. only difference i can see is that the dreampond feeder has 2 additional lbs of capacity and $25. any issues with yours since you've been using it? looks like a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by azngopher View Post
    yeah that one or the dreampond one. only difference i can see is that the dreampond feeder has 2 additional lbs of capacity and $25. any issues with yours since you've been using it? looks like a good deal.
    Nope, it works great. I'm still on the original sets of Energizer bats from 2006, althought the feeder is offline in the winter. Get the ones from the docs & save your $25 for some sinking wheatgerm. That 2 additional # is not much and you don't want to put alot in it since it will go stale quick in the sun. One thing though, the DP feeder has that mounting post which is kind of nice. If you can find a way to mount the drs feeder then I'll get it.

I built a mounting post & lay it on the flagstone which is 2' above ground. I've seen your pond & if your flagstones are mortared & stable do what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Nope, it works great. I'm still on the original sets of Energizer bats from 2006, althought the feeder is offline in the winter. Get the ones from the docs & save your $25 for some sinking wheatgerm. That 2 additional # is not much and you don't want to put alot in it since it will go stale quick in the sun. One thing though, the DP feeder has that mounting post which is kind of nice. If you can find a way to mount the drs feeder then I'll get it.

I built a mounting post & lay it on the flagstone which is 2' above ground. I've seen your pond & if your flagstones are mortared & stable do what I did.
    just paid for the drs feeder and got the mounting stand with it. it was only $13 bucks. now the koi will get a consistent feeding of food to keep their growth rates up and to keep up with the other koi in this growout!

Nisai
    Your Shiro have grown out nicely. Must have nicer winters there, Virginia winters are not big for koi growth. Good luck on your grow out.

Quote Originally Posted by fr8e View Post
    Your Shiro have grown out nicely. Must have nicer winters there, Virginia winters are not big for koi growth. Good luck on your grow out.
    thanks. fortunate enough to have only a short cold spell here for what we call a winter. the virginia winters can be brutal. i used to live in fairfax when i was in high school and still remember those long walks up to the bus stop in the cold snow.

but with the good you have to take the hot texas summers and ocassional tornado...

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by azngopher View Post
    all are getting longer but staying slim, probably because they are males....
    Hey, we both have an all-white one right now--and your #47 was one that I considered picking--I could have had two! Your #30 is a big one, I think it's female. Plus the head looks whiter than your other two. Looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Speck View Post
    Hey, we both have an all-white one right now--and your #47 was one that I considered picking--I could have had two! Your #30 is a big one, I think it's female. Plus the head looks whiter than your other two. Looks good.
    thanks for the feedback.

yeah, shiro muji instead of shiro utsuri. i'll hold onto it until the end though just to see.

#30 is huge, it is 17" today and is 99% male. very rough gill plates this spring. i haven't checked him out below yet to be 100%.

i like #30 best of the 3. so far. maybe that changes next month?

17"...........
    I wounder how big #124 is?????????

Maybe we'll take her to the show..............

Quote Originally Posted by mstrseed View Post
    17"

May we'll take her to the show..............
    No Chit!!! 17" Puttin' on some seriously good growth and lookin' good to boot

Quote Originally Posted by mstrseed View Post
    17"...........

Maybe we'll take her to the show..............
    we can have a growout judging contest if ryan decides to bring his utsuri's (minus the jumper) also?

the face on #30 is a bone white, so not so clean looking for now. i'll see how they look within the next couple of weeks to decide whether or not to bring them to the show.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast