Koi 3 size between 6/1/08 and 7/1/08:

Koi 1 size between 2/1/09 and 3/1/09: 15 1/4"
    Koi 2 size between 2/1/09 and 3/1/09: 11 1/2"
    Koi 3 size between 2/1/09 and 3/1/09:

Pond temp when received: 62
    Pond temp at 6 month photo: 80
    Pond temp at final photo: 66

Pond Info
    Gallons: 300 gallon QT with 55 gallon SC with brushes, 5 cu ft. moving bed & 3 BD's. They'll stay in QT till March. 3300 main pond, hopefully building new pond this year. If not, they'll be transferred into a 5000 gallon, 4' deep pool in March or April.
    Stocking rate: 11 Koi in main pond

Filtration: Semi flow through, 4500 gph Sequence pump, 120L Hakko air pump, DIY skimmer & BD, 55 gallon SC with brushes, 55 & 150 gallon moving beds w/combined 12 cu ft. media, shower.
    Liner Type: EPDM
    Turnover rate: Approx. once per hour
    Dimensions: 12x14x2.5
    Water changes per week: Changing out approx. 300 gallons daily & approx. 500 on weekend
    Amount of water changed %: 95% weekly

EDIT: 5/4/08 - Moved koi into 5560 gallon 16'x4' pool conversion. 2 aerated bottom drains, skimmer to 3000 gph pump, 2 circuits with 1 static chamber in 55 gallon drum, 2 moving beds in 55 gallon drums to pumps. 1 pump is 6500 gph & the other 8400 gph. All filtration returns to 2 shower crates containing 9000 1" bio balls emptying to a 150 gallon stock tank and returning to pool.

Food Info
    Brand and Type fed: High Protein from Aqion in Spring & Summer; Wheat Germ in Fall

Owner Info
    Years in hobby: 17.5
    Years buying show koi: 5
    Zone: 8
    State: Louisiana

Fun Stuff
    Koi 1 sex guess when received: Female
    Koi 2 sex guess when received: Female, I hope but way too small to tell
    Koi 3 sex guess when received:
    Koi 1 name:
    Koi 2 name:
    Koi 3 name:

#146 - pick #15 & my 1st choice

This is my 1st choice because it has excellent conformation, broad head and shoulders, big pecs that hopefully means a large fish, excellent skin, clear head that hopefully will develop mouth sumi, white shoulder, checkerboard pattern and shiroji and sumi on the tail stop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kntry's Grow Out Data Sheet-146.jpg   Kntry's Grow Out Data Sheet-146-1-29-08.jpg   Kntry's Grow Out Data Sheet-maries-vision-146.jpg  

#134 - Pick #48 and my second choice

This fish has an awesome inazuma pattern, great white tail stop, clear head with a nice V pattern, wide set eyes, nice skin and good conformation.

The only negative I can see in this fish is the split fin but that's not a biggie to me as my water is heated in the QT and it will be in the 70's here by the 1st of March. The fin will heal.

This fish looks much smaller than most but it just may be the distance from the camera.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kntry's Grow Out Data Sheet-134.jpg   Kntry's Grow Out Data Sheet-134-1-29-08.jpg  

Interesting!

Your number two pick is very interesting to me. I will love to watch the progress on this fish over the years!

The Pond Digger

Thanks! I love that fish and figured the only reason it was still around is because of the split fin. I'm not really concerned about it because my water will probably be in the 60-70's by the time they're shipped.

Split fin becomes a steal for Kntry!

My number 2 pick has a gnarly split in the same pectoral but more centered. I think she was still available after 115 picks because of the deep split. I am optimistic my number 2 pick has a promising future provided the fin repairs quickly. I will heat her up in an aquarium if needed to get her back on track quickly.

Hopefully both of our split fin fish blow peoples minds when it's all said and done. I believe the big ta do about the split fins early in the threads scared the pickers away resulting in a steal for you and I.

I will be checking in with you on the progress of that healing fin. Water temperature, condition on arrival and so on.

Best of luck!

The Pond Digger
    "Doubt sees the obstacles, Faith sees the way!"

Sansai
    Gosh I love #146. Came real close to making it my 1st pick. When the initial measurements come in, you watch, I bet she'll be one of the biggest. She looks like a serious pellet gobbler to me.

LOL, Jeff, I hope you're right. It's so hard to tell by the pics. I tried to judge how close the camera was to each fish by how much of the pan was showing. BTW, I'm glad you didn't pick her!

Pond Digger, I never had a doubt about the split fins. I'm glad everyone passed over our fish because of them.

I have a 22" Yamabuki that split her pec all the way up like that at the end of last winter. It stayed that way until the water heated up. Once the temps went up, her fin was completely healed with no intervention from me. I took her to SKE in May and she took 1st place and Grant gave her their Friendship Award and said she was one of the best he'd ever seen. (Proud Mama braggin) The fins on these babies will heal quickly in warm water.

#82 - Reserve Pick

#82 is going to be awesome! She's big, great conformation and skin, sumi looks to be in a nice pattern and that pesky little hi spot on her head is going to disappear either because it's weak or because that beautiful sumi menware is going to cover it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kntry's Grow Out Data Sheet-reserve-shiro.jpg   Kntry's Grow Out Data Sheet-82-1-29-08.jpg  

Reserve Pick #103

#103 is an experiment to see how it develops related to my 2 that have very little sumi up. I think as it grows, the sumi pattern is going to separate into a nice checkerboard pattern.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kntry's Grow Out Data Sheet-reserve-103.jpg   Kntry's Grow Out Data Sheet-103-1-29-08.jpg  

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast