Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sangreaal's Growout Form

wahhhh Ive heard nothing... lol

Quote Originally Posted by koiaddictCA View Post
    wahhhh Ive heard nothing... lol
    Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Call Bill at Mystic. I'm glad I did! 1-800-775-2095

And then I get banned from his store! lol

i actually told them shipping mon or fridays are best. I assume I will get an email regarding shipment for Friday. =)

Im just having fun complaining.

And then I get banned from his store! lol

i actually told them shipping mon or fridays are best. I assume I will get an email regarding shipment for Friday. =)

Im just having fun complaining.
    *LOL* You're just looking forward to getting your baby Bandit home. *S* Me too with mine. I have the topside Q ready for them with my longfins as canaries. It's the coolest water inside since it's a 110 gallon pvc watering trough that's on the floor--temp around 60 degrees, the coolest I can make it indoors. I really wanted to put them in the glass Q with Bindi and the Yama so I could observe them really close, but I'll put them in this Q and then raise the temp gradually over days to 70 degrees so I can finally move them to the Glass Q for close observation. An additional plus to putting them with the longfins is that the longfins will alarm for parasites much faster than the others. They pink up at the least stress. If there are any problems in the Topside community I'll treat there first before moving them up to Glass....

Where are yours going when you get them home, Melissa? Will they be inside so you can oggle them for hours?
    Marie

http://www.koi-bito.com/forum/koi-gr...wout-form.html

"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and
    paints his own nature into his pictures."
    --Henry Ward Beecher

We have a 12' Intex in the garage. Apparently permanently thanks to the Mr's newfound love of being able to see them this winter. (There goes my indoor parking.) There are currently 6 occupants - 2 of which are babies. We just got a bucket heater to warm it, however we wont be doing that until after the baby comes. I think our water is around 60. We have carpet squares under it. After the pond is completed & the bigguns transferred, they will stay. Eventually we will take it down and add water bed heaters underneath. We get green water on the small pond during the winter (tree covered in summer - direct sun in winter) and Mike hates not seeing them.

At this point, we may bring in all the keepers (only two left outside) in order to put the sac advantage on the QT. I know I have a few fish in the QT however Im not sure I want to put the big guys outside right now. Cold n green. What are your thoughts? (As I said 4 are large - I dont want to defeat the QT purpose.)
    Melissa

We have a 12' Intex in the garage....

...At this point, we may bring in all the keepers (only two left outside) in order to put the sac advantage on the QT. I know I have a few fish in the QT however Im not sure I want to put the big guys outside right now. Cold n green. What are your thoughts? (As I said 4 are large - I dont want to defeat the QT purpose.)
    Now is definitely not the time to be putting koi outside. Check your outside pond temp--I bet it's down in the low 40's or lower. That's just too drastic a temp drop for anyone you have inside. And if it gets below 35, your two out there will be in danger. So I wouldn't throw anyone else out there until spring and the water is warmer.

Not exactly a QT as all but two of your fish will be canaries at this point. Have anything to separate them, like putting your Shiro in at least a 50 gallon aquarium with a canary koi of the same approximate size? Better safe than sorry. We're both taking chances with our indoor QT fish by adding the Shiros to the established population of the Q's. Mine is more minor a risk than yours, though. Only 3 longfins and none of my higher end fish. I love my butterfies but they are the best indictors of something gone wrong in the Q. It's like they give an instant alarm when something is amiss--their fins flush scarlet when they're irritated or rubbed on, so if they're flashing and I miss it their fins tell on them. They're hardy but so delicate at the same time....

I can put it & another in a 100 gallon rubbermaid.

I can put it & another in a 100 gallon rubbermaid.
    That would be perfect.

Meg
    I like that Mikado(SP?) of your better every time I check in here
    she sure is pretty

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I like that Mikado(SP?) of your better every time I check in here
    she sure is pretty
    Thankie you, Meg

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast