Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Koiczar's growout form

619 Guy. Member of the Koi Club of San Diego

From my limited eye

Mike,

I "think" I see a lot of potential in Willy. With the banding coming, that wll be a contender.

Wishing you (and all the rest, so I do not step on any toes) the best in the grow-out contest.

LP

Quote Originally Posted by Lomaponder View Post
    Mike,

I "think" I see a lot of potential in Willy. With the banding coming, that wll be a contender.

Wishing you (and all the rest, so I do not step on any toes) the best in the grow-out contest.

LP
    Thanks LP. I too wish everyone in the contest a lot of luck. It sure will be an interesting year, to say the least.

Several of the folks who had shipped fish through me picked their's up this morning I must say, I have enjoyed the short time they have been here as I have enjoyed studying them a bit. It will be fun to see what stage of development they are at when we post our next photos in June/July. I'm especially interested in the ones who show totally submerged sumi at this point.

Mike

I've got to agree wholeheartedly on how interesting it will be to watch others grow along with our own. Seeing the way sumi rises and fall on different skin, shiroji, and sumi types should give us all an educational treat

Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    I've got to agree wholeheartedly on how interesting it will be to watch others grow along with our own. Seeing the way sumi rises and fall on different skin, shiroji, and sumi types should give us all an educational treat
    You betcha!

Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    Or an educational nightmare... *LOL* Here I am telling everyone how I think the koi will turn out and for all intents and purposes, I have absolutely no clue.

I'm flying by the seat of my intuitional pants, so the more I hear from you guys and everyone in the growout, the more I can measure the fault or accuracy of what I "think."

Mike, I really like that Willy fish. Got a great bod. But I feel there's something extra special in TT. Sure would like an extreme close up of both their skins to see. I know, that's not so easy done....

I'm glad you're doing this growout and I'll be visiting your thread often to learn from you.

Ciao for now,
    Marie
    Marie

http://www.koi-bito.com/forum/koi-gr...wout-form.html

"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and
    paints his own nature into his pictures."
    --Henry Ward Beecher

Hi Marie

Yes, at this point it would be EXTREMELY DIFFICULT as they are now swimming in my 1250 gal q-tank system. I still have 6 SU that haven't been picked up yet and they're in a 3' x 3' x 2' mesh net holding pen. Of course everybody in the main tank loves to hide under this pen. They do seem as though they're enjoying my 45f water (LOL) and are doing a lot of investigative cruising around. When I can, I will try my best to post some close-ups of both.

Actually, I see a lot of potential in both TT and Willy. Only time will tell what changes will be made and whether I'm a good guesser or not!

Mike

Sansai
    Mike, just stopping by to remember which fish you ended up with. 43 YEARS in the hobby?! Pond looks great.

Jeff

Sorry to be so late posting a reply. Don't spend as much time here as I used to. Thanks for the compliment on the pond. I have to work extra hard at it as the filtration has become undersized for all my bigger girls now and I'm definitely OVERSTOCKED!!

On a sad note, however, Free Willy has passed on to the great koi pond in the clouds. Don't know what happened, he appeared fine and was eating in the morning and my wife discovered him floating against the side of the skimmer in the afternoon. TT is doing very well. Not alot of growth so far but quality appears to be there.

Mike

Sorry to hear about FW. Sometimes I wonder how many Koi have a congenital issue that is undetectable until it's over. Sometimes it just seems that an otherwise perfectly healthy fish just goes down for no apparent reason... Glad to hear TT is doing well tho, and looking forward to moving day pictures

Update on TT, Mike?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast