Thread: cmungo - grow-out form

cmungo - grow-out form

Koi Info Arrived on February 27th.
    Koi 1 size when recieved: 6"
    Koi 2 size when recieved: 6"
    Koi 3 size when recieved: 5.75"

Koi 1 size between 6/1/08 and 7/1/08: 8.75"
    Koi 2 size between 6/1/08 and 7/1/08: 9.00"
    Koi 3 size between 6/1/08 and 7/1/08: 7.50" (Pine Coned July 1)

Koi 1 size between 2/1/09 and 3/1/09: 14
    Koi 2 size between 2/1/09 and 3/1/09: 13.75

Pond temp when received: 65
    Pond temp at 6 month photo:
    Pond temp at final photo:

Pond Info
    Gallons: 850 gal
    Stocking rate:
    Filtration:
    Liner Type:
    Turnover rate:
    Dimensions:
    Water changes per week:
    Amount of water changed %:

Food Info
    Brand and Type fed:

Owner Info
    Years in hobby:
    Years buying show koi:
    Zone:
    State:

Fun Stuff
    Koi 1 sex guess when received: Female
    Koi 2 sex guess when received: Female
    Koi 3 sex guess when received: Male
    Koi 1 name:
    Koi 2 name:
    Koi 3 name:

Fish #24-81. This pic is from selection file. Fish #81 picked on the 24th overall pick

We picked this fish after much discusion and several mind changes. We liked the body confirmation and blaance. The tail tube looks full also. It has the pecs that we were looking for and the black spot in the middle of the head may indicate menware to come. The white look bright in the pic so we think the skin quailty is good.

The pattern is the weak part but pattern is supposed to be considered last. The two big patches of white will probably throw the pattern off balance. The big white shoulder needs some help from the head on the right side
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cmungo - grow-out form-grow-out-81.jpg  

Fish #51-157. This pic is from the selection file. Fish #157 made as the 51st overall pick.

We really could not find another fish that excited us for this pick. We came across this fish and it was really ugly. Look at it's face and eyes, ugly.

After taking a second look we noticed this fish has some potential. The body conformation looks ok. The tail is a little thin so the body is not balanced but could come later. The pecs look good and the two black spots on the left side of the head look to be good quality and shoud make an interesting face.

The white actually looks bright on the left shoulder and the pattern could turn out to be checker board. Hency C said to buy the ugliest fish and we bevieve this could be it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cmungo - grow-out form-157.jpg  

Fish #59-145. This pic is from the selection file. Fish #145 made on the 59th overall pick.

This was always DW favorite fish. She said the fish spoke to her. She loved the face. I finally gave in; entered it down the line but the fish before it got picked by someone with earlier pick. So she got her fish.

The pecs are good and the white does shine on the shoulder. The jet black on the back and fin could mean the skin qiality will turn out ok. I think it is a male and will finish early. The pattern has a slim chance to be balanced.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cmungo - grow-out form-145.jpg  

How long can they survive in the bag?

Our fish are in flight since 1pm CA time yesterday. The plane was delayed and they will probably get here in SC tomorrow (Wednesday). If they get here by 10:30am I figure the time in bag should be about 45 hours. What should we be expecting?

Well, they are little fish and they are packed in a fairly good sized box. Hopefully they will be OK. Keep us posted.....OK?

Finally, the fish arrive on February 27th.

After a 4 week recovery from being injured or pine coned they spent 48 hours in flight. They arrived very weak but alive. They are so skinny, washed out, and generally in poor health. They are in warm water and we'll see if they can survive for a few days.

Flight delays like that must have added as much to your stress level as the fish's.
    The good news is that they fast them prior to shipment to minimize waste and pre-treat the water well to give a wide window of safety. That was a lot of time in the bag, but they should de-stress well now that they are in your hands, at last.

Fish #157 is in trouble.

I noticed this morning it was sitting all along on the bottom. At noon it was swimming on top of the water. It was trying to eat but seemed to split out the food several times. It would occasionally lose control and swim heads down or just float along in the water. Each time it would regain it's balance and swim off a litle.

After watching it float heads down for a minute or so, I decided to net it out and put it in the fertilizer pit. But when the net got close it found the strength to swim away. I started adding salt after talking to Bill. Bill thinks there is hope still; maybe stressed out from the 48 hour trip.

Tonight I figured I would see it floating dead, but I didn't see it at all. I think it's found a place under or in the chimney tiles. Added more salt to .2. Will add more salt in the morning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cmungo - grow-out form-fish-157-5.jpg  

Jumbo
    [quote=cmungo;107838]Fish #157 is in trouble.

It was trying to eat but seemed to split out the food several times.

That was a good sign.
    If you smash the food into small pieces, some of them sink to the bottom, it will be easier to eat......

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast