Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: another dimension to the grow out contest

Daihonmei

another dimension to the grow out contest

Please EVERYONE
    refer to your koi picks by the number they were chosen by..the first pick can have any name but it should end with the number "1".
    this will relay the position the fish was taken.
    the use of the number given the fish to identify it in the zip file for the purpose of identification is a useless number once the koi has been chosen...its "place chosen in the lottery" will provide let all know the "luck" of the picker as the koi develops.
    While it will take skill beyond my ability I am quite confident shawn could effortlessly rearrange the tosai in order of how they were chosen and renumber them.
    Couldn't ya Shawn?

That zipfile would be fun to look at from beginning to end to see what people chose where in relation to all the other koi.

Good idea Luke.
    Another thought.
    I plan to add my water parameters (Kh, Gh, Ph) along with the Temperature info at each interval. Comparing all info that is pertinent to shiroji/sumi development is an added benefit to our learning from and with each other.

Luke,

Great idea... I like it. I've talked to Shawn about doing this, but he prefers to wait until all the picks are in. Anyway, what ya think about numbering the koi, in the order picked, followed by the original ID number? This would force the zip file to sort in the order picked. Otherwise, we would have to manually sort them. For example, you had the 79th pick, and selected shiro number 101. We would renumber the listing then as 79-101... and your koi would show up in the 79th position.

Kind Regards,
    Bill

I like that idea a lot Bill. show the pick number, followed by the original number.

Daihonmei
    again...the original numbe rhas NO value whatsoever and is just clutter and will add to the confusion...once the koi are put in their picked order the picked number is all thatr is needed to odentify them. the original number is clutter and confusing as it may be thought of as the picked number.

And yeah if I didn't expect it to be done till the end...then the original numbers will be meaningless...
    i am thinking some of you think that the original number has some relevance since we have used those numbers to identify our koi...but the other number will identify it and provide more info.

Quote Originally Posted by luke frisbee View Post
    again...the original numbe rhas NO value whatsoever and is just clutter and will add to the confusion...once the koi are put in their picked order the picked number is all thatr is needed to odentify them. the original number is clutter and confusing as it may be thought of as the picked number.

And yeah if I didn't expect it to be done till the end...then the original numbers will be meaningless...
    i am thinking some of you think that the original number has some relevance since we have used those numbers to identify our koi...but the other number will identify it and provide more info.
    Sorry... just following you around here! Again, no problem... I just need to keep the original number alive until after they ship so that I can (easily) find them in our tanks.

Daihonmei
    yeah well I did say that people should respond HERE so as to keep the continuity intact over at the grow out thread..I had to post there to get everyone's attention..and then asked them to discuss it here...
    that worked,huh?

Quote Originally Posted by luke frisbee View Post
    yeah well I did say that people should respond HERE so as to keep the continuity intact over at the grow out thread..I had to post there to get everyone's attention..and then asked them to discuss it here...
    that worked,huh?
    Luke I do have all the pick sorted the way you want however I'm not sure how to post a zip of them.

Daihonmei
    Gallagher...if you had all the "not picked yets" at the end it sure would save me/and others from having to look through all the ones already taken...you might wanna help shawn out by sending it to him..I am sure he'd be willing to tell you how.
    I CAN'T.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallagher View Post
    Luke I do have all the pick sorted the way you want however I'm not sure how to post a zip of them.
    What platform is your operating system and do you have Winzip on your comp, Gallagher?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast