Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Who's Who of Who's Still In the Omosako Growout

Quote Originally Posted by Sangreaal View Post
    Umm Bill? The third fish in your update pics is Brina's. So I only posted the first two fish that I could determine were 100% yours. But what about Brina and Austin? Was it agreed with Jim that their fish be entered under your thread instead of like everyone else has done, so there are 3 (or 4?) contestants in the one thread?

Sorry, not trying to be a pain, but I'm not understanding....
    Look under the picks and see who choose the Koi.......................

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    goodness Marie that was a lot of work!
    it is very nice to scroll through them and see them all toghether! thankyou!
    I was going to do that last night to see them all together for myself in Corel, and then thought it would be nice to share the research, thus posting to a new thread instead of my own files. It wasn't too much work, though a bit time consuming. What was ferhoodling about ucpondguys growouts was that he edited posts instead of updating the thread with a new post, which isn't recorded on the thread heading or in the thread itself unless you start reading it from the very beginning. I always go to the last post read and continue from there, so I completely missed it. As far as the other growouts within Mstrseed's thread, I don't know how that's supposed to work. I thought everyone had to have their own thread, so I'm letting Jim sort this one out....
    Marie

http://www.koi-bito.com/forum/koi-gr...wout-form.html

"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and
    paints his own nature into his pictures."
    --Henry Ward Beecher

Sansai
    Austin's fish in Bill's thread is mine, actually my son's since he picked it. I had some trouble so Bill is kind enough to have kept it for me. It is much easier for us to just keep it under his thread. It really is that simple. We have never changed anything if you look at the original picks.

Bruce

Meg
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn ponder View Post
    Austin's fish in Bill's thread is mine, actually my son's since he picked it. I had some trouble so Bill is kind enough to have kept it for me. It is much easier for us to just keep it under his thread. It really is that simple. We have never changed anything if you look at the original picks.

Bruce
    weeeell that explains ev-er-y-thing (in my best Church Lady voice)
    but it is confusing!
    Is Brina's pic yours also?

Let me vent a bit!

Why is it all of a sudden these question are being asked???
    My thread has been posted from the beginning and not one of you so called righteous people even said anything. So whats with your panties in a wad now for????
    No one said anything about the fact the Shiro's comming to Texas all in one box.....that all were housed at one location for a time. Others were still combined to some point with one person in charge of the Koi.
    I buy 4 Koi, one is listed as a non contestant! I paid for all 4 no one else paid for them.
    So if I let a girl who used to live next door to me, who is like a daughter choose one and let her call it hers WTF is your beef????? Its still has been photographed, measured, feed, keep and recorded by me.
    And if a personal friend of mine allows his son to choose a Shiro which as a member in good standing he was and still is. Bruce's son did not pay for the Koi, Bruce did, please check with Bill at Mystic as to who paid for what! Was that not a rule???
    But for trying to promote the hobby to young people and allow them to have a say as to what is picked. So maybe they can learn form it, and a parent allowing them to either make a mistake or not..........................

Get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Koi Wrangler
    CKHPA

Just for the sake of playing devils advocate for a moment, I really think it was a simple misunderstanding of who owned what and how the fish came to be labeled as "Brinna's" or "Austin's" that created the confusion. Not being fully aware of the backstory behind it all could easily lead to the misunderstanding of "who, what, how".
    I knew the story so it never was a point for confusion for me, but obviously not everyone did.
    Add to that the fact that you are doing the unusual act of kindness in caring for a Koi owned by a friend several states distant (that is pretty cool and unique) it is pretty easy to miss a detail or two along the way.
    I'm certain it will all sort itself out quickly and that everyone's ownership and participation will remain fully intact.

BTW Bill. You need to take that girl along with you every time you go a huntin' fish... She sure knows how to pick 'em
    Larry Iles
    Oklahoma

Yorokonde

Mr. J.North.......Domo arigato gozaimasu.

VERY COOL INDEEEED!

Meg
    most the koi in my pond some kid thinks is "theirs"
    they get to name them and then that is the end of that, the fish is "theirs"

Thanks for the work putting this together Marie. Gives us alot better idea of the scope of the growout.

Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by mstrseed View Post
    Why is it all of a sudden these question are being asked???
    My thread has been posted from the beginning and not one of you so called righteous people even said anything. So whats with your panties in a wad now for????
    No one said anything about the fact the Shiro's comming to Texas all in one box.....that all were housed at one location for a time. Others were still combined to some point with one person in charge of the Koi.
    I buy 4 Koi, one is listed as a non contestant! I paid for all 4 no one else paid for them.
    So if I let a girl who used to live next door to me, who is like a daughter choose one and let her call it hers WTF is your beef????? Its still has been photographed, measured, feed, keep and recorded by me.
    And if a personal friend of mine allows his son to choose a Shiro which as a member in good standing he was and still is. Bruce's son did not pay for the Koi, Bruce did, please check with Bill at Mystic as to who paid for what! Was that not a rule???
    But for trying to promote the hobby to young people and allow them to have a say as to what is picked. So maybe they can learn form it, and a parent allowing them to either make a mistake or not..........................

Get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bill, if that post is directed at me, I'm sorry for the confusion too. I didn't know your story. I'm not a psychic and able to absorb the information by osmosis. All I was trying to do was put all the pics of the fish still in the growout in a close wad so everyone can see everyone else's as a grouping. It was confusing to say the least who is and who is not in this growout, as most individuals have their own threads and not three people in one. The idea of the growout, I thought, was to pit one's eye and husbandry skills against another's, not have someone else do it for you. That is what was confusing about your thread with three people's fish in it. You're caring for not only yours, but two other people's. Are they your entries, or are they Brina and Austin's? See? This is what I didn't understand, and I didn't list them in the Who's Who because I didn't understand and still don't! It's not clear. Are all of them your entries, or are two of them entries for Brina and Austin?

It's confusing and still is, and I'm sorry you're upset about it.

Teach me to try and do something nice for everyone.....

Marie

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast