Home | About Us | Contact Us


Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Dtran6's ogata showa growout

  1. #1
    Tosai
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    37

    Dtran6's ogata showa growout

    Koi Info
    Koi 1 size when recieved: 9"

    Koi 1 size between 10/1/08 and 11/1/08: 14.5"

    Koi 1 size between 6/1/09 and 7/1/09: 16.5"

    Pond temp when received: 80F
    Pond temp at 6 month photo:70F
    Pond temp at final photo: 88F

    Pond Info
    Gallons: 5000 gallons
    Stocking rate: 15 koi
    Filtration: bubblebead 2000/biotec 18/stock tanks
    Turnover rate: 1 every 1.5 hr
    Dimensions: 17x10'
    Water changes per week:7
    Amount of water changed %:3-4%

    Food Info
    Brand and Type fed: BW creek Gold/Hai Feng Quick Grow

    Owner Info
    Years in hobby:2.5 yrs
    Years buying show koi: less than 1 yr
    State: Texas

    Fun Stuff
    Koi 1 sex guess when received: Female
    __________________
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dtran6's ogata showa growout-img_043.jpg   Dtran6's ogata showa growout-image001.jpg   Dtran6's ogata showa growout-img_1794.jpg  

  2. #2
    Tategoi
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    431
    Hi Dtran6, just saw your koi looks great. Since I live in Texas curious do you live in Houston too? Not much koi hobbiest in the area and wanted to find out if you live in the area to share info?

  3. #3
    Jumbo azngopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by 4TEXAS View Post
    Hi Dtran6, just saw your koi looks great. Since I live in Texas curious do you live in Houston too? Not much koi hobbiest in the area and wanted to find out if you live in the area to share info?
    that is a nice looking showa. let's see where and how the sumi comes up in your pond.

    4Texas, you should look into joining the ZNA club in houston. several members are on this board.

    check ou thte website:
    Home Page

  4. #4
    Tosai
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by 4TEXAS View Post
    Hi Dtran6, just saw your koi looks great. Since I live in Texas curious do you live in Houston too? Not much koi hobbiest in the area and wanted to find out if you live in the area to share info?
    Tom right? I think my showas were on the same flight as yours. When I went to pick up my showas...the SW people kept asking me if I wanted Tom Tran's box I'm in the Port Arthur area, about 1.5 hrs from houston.

  5. #5
    Tosai
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by azngopher View Post
    that is a nice looking showa. let's see where and how the sumi comes up in your pond.

    4Texas, you should look into joining the ZNA club in houston. several members are on this board.

    check ou thte website:
    Home Page

    I think I'm gonna join this upcoming yr

  6. #6
    Jumbo azngopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by dtran6 View Post
    I think I'm gonna join this upcoming yr
    membership comes with the monthly ZNA magazine. great pics of koi show winners around the world and contacts with some really nice koi people.

    and if you like gosanke, the club has its perks....

  7. #7
    Oyagoi Flounder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,177
    Quote Originally Posted by dtran6 View Post
    I think I'm gonna join this upcoming yr

    David, you sure? Next meeting in September, at my place. Come and see the hole in the ground that I have with a few fish.

    I like that Showa you choose.




    Duc, you coming down?

  8. #8
    Jumbo azngopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    David, you sure? Next meeting in September, at my place. Come and see the hole in the ground that I have with a few fish.

    I like that Showa you choose.




    Duc, you coming down?
    david, i'd recommend attending the meeting (bring some food and no one will notice that you are not a member yet).

    if i come down, i'm bringing my koi catching equipment with me and i'm gonna leave with a certain kohaku....

  9. #9
    Tosai
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    37
    Ryan,

    You're tempting me...when in Sept?

  10. #10
    Tosai
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by azngopher View Post
    david, i'd recommend attending the meeting (bring some food and no one will notice that you are not a member yet).

    if i come down, i'm bringing my koi catching equipment with me and i'm gonna leave with a certain kohaku....
    Kohaku? I thought all you collect was showas?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ogata Showa
    By bighatbulls in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 03:30 AM
  2. Ogata Showa
    By ikoi in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 01:38 PM
  3. Meg's Ogata Showa GrowOut
    By Meg in forum Koi Grow Out
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 06-29-2009, 02:21 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 10:34 PM
  5. My Showa Ogata
    By TOR in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 01:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Articles - Sitemap - FAQs and Rules

KB Footer Graphic
Straight from Japan... For the serious hobbyist!
All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com