Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help......I can't make a decission?

Help......I can't make a decission?

I have an option on this Jumbo tosai Kohaku by my dealer, she is from the last auction...what do you think of her? I hope it can make my decion easier .....or maybe harder

greetings,
    Ingrid
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help......I can't make a decission?-09mar-065.jpg  

My 2 cents ,

The koi doesn't do much for me. I could see some issues with the pattern keeping up with the growth of the koi.

just wait untill the october auction and buy a good nisai then and save some more money for it or just go to Japan in october or november..

Quote Originally Posted by Fukarin View Post
    I have an option on this Jumbo tosai Kohaku by my dealer, she is from the last auction...what do you think of her? I hope it can make my decion easier .....or maybe harder

greetings,
    Ingrid
    Nice looking fish but is it in Japan with option of putting it a mud pond ?
    and price does make a lot of diffrence. I am glad that I saved my money and made a trip to Japan bt myself
    Regards
    Eugene

There is much I like about this koi, but also a great deal I cannot tell from the photo. Given the high price typically charged for their jumbo tosai, I would not be comfortable making a purchase unless someone in whom I had confidence recommended the fish after seeing it in person.

The quality is okay by way of the pic...What's the price of the fish?

My dealer is Joachim Clement from 't Viske In Belgium, and I have a very high confidende in him to do that very well. He purchassed this koi at the last auction. He said she has a very soft and beautiful skin quality, just like her mother.

Her price is between 3.000,- and 3.500,- without a summer in the mud.

But what do you think about her little hi spot on her head? It looks now nice on her tosai body, but I my opinion when she is grown it will be distorbe her all over apperance? The whole pattern I think is very beautiful, a semi Inazuma. But I'm still doubting if it is beter to wait till the oktober auction for a nisai..

@Headaches,
    What do you think would happen with her pattern in due to her growth?

I apology for my English, perhaps there a words wrong written or wrong used? Its al long time a go when I had English at school

greets and thanks,
    Ingrid
    Last edited by Fukarin; 03-18-2009 at 06:51 AM. Reason: nog iets vergeten!

[quote=Fukarin;131445]My dealer is Joachim Clement from 't Viske In Belgium, and I have a very high confidende in him to do that very well. He purchassed this koi at the last auction. He said she has a very soft and beautiful skin quality, just like her mother.

But what do you think about her little hi spot on her head? It looks now nice on her tosai body, but I my opinion when she is grown it will be distorbe her all over apperance? The whole pattern I think is very beautiful, a semi Inazuma. But I'm still doubting if it is beter to wait till the oktober auction for a nisai..

@Headaches,

I apology for my English, perhaps there a words wrong written or wrong used? Its al long time a go when I had English at school

Ingrid
    The pattern I like the spot on head does not bother me in fact it helps with balance in my opinion. If on the other hand it bothers you at the price you have to pay I would not get it. A fish of that quality should have been kept at 75c with high quality water conditions for the winter then a summer in a mud pond to get maximum development. I could only afford nisai male fish but I did have a choice from about 50 that is the nice part
    of going to Japan and choosing your own. It does not have to be an auction to do it fish are always for sale. If you go with a dealer it will save you a lot of trouble with shipping. A breeder has to have a $ amount before it is worth his time to ship to you.
    Regards
    Eugene

Hi Eugene,

I think also the little spot is now in balance, but what will it be when she grows? does the spot grows with her or is it staying like it is? I hope I get some more pictures before she is going into the mud, and make then a deccision. Or we will wait for the next auction for a nisai.
    You're right there also beautifull koi outside an auction. It will take a couple of years will we visit Japan, maybe over 2 or 3 years!

Thank you very much for your answer.
    Regards,
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by Fukarin View Post
    My dealer is Joachim Clement from 't Viske In Belgium, and I have a very high confidende in him to do that very well. He purchassed this koi at the last auction. He said she has a very soft and beautiful skin quality, just like her mother.

@Headaches,

greets and thanks,
    Ingrid
    Ingrid buy a good quality nisai. Tosai ain't worth the gamble.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast