Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Please comment new Kohaku

Please comment new Kohaku

These koi are all new and around 12-15cm, bred locally. Aopologies for the poor photo quality. Comment please
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please comment new Kohaku-05042009-010-.jpg   Please comment new Kohaku-05042009-011-.jpg   Please comment new Kohaku-05042009-009-.jpg   Please comment new Kohaku-05042009-012-.jpg  

Very difficult to determine quality of Hi from a photo, and especially so on little tosai. The lack of sharpness in the photos makes it impossible. There is a nice variety of pattern and the general body shapes are acceptable for the size. There are areas where it is not possible for me to say whether the Hi is fading or still consolidating. At this size it could be either. A person has to have observed them in stages up to this point or know the pairing and how it's offspring develop. If these are imported, then I'd likely be right to guess that the Hi on some is fading. If these are locally-bred, as I suspect, I think the breeder can guess better than anyone. If you are the breeder, then I think you've done well so far. In any event, keep these little ones warm over winter.

very nice color and confirmation, any ideas who the original breeders of the parents koi came from. interesting to see down the road how these turn out, but overall i like them, please keep us posted for the progression

AN

Hi Quinton nice to see you here.

I guess those koi are from the local koi farm here in the Western cape, Platinum Koi. if they are then i can tell the others on the forum that the kohaku Oyagoi used on the farm are both from Dainichi. The farm has 3 breeding pairs of kohaku but only spawned one pair this year.

Kohaku

Hey Wayne, actually from Platinum Koi 3, Kingsview Koi 2 and my own backyard special beeding experiment 1 (one parents imported Tamaura(sic), one local)-still in quarantine and too small to put with the rest
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please comment new Kohaku-female-parent-tamaura.jpg