Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Why would the new head of the AKCA KHA program say this statement...

I think there is another unintended consequence of all this.....

The fact that all of this will keep new KHA`s from completing the program.I know I now have no desire to be a KHA. I`ll continue my koi education on my own

Quote Originally Posted by carrie1964 View Post

The fact that all of this will keep new KHA`s from completing the program.I know I now have no desire to be a KHA. I`ll continue my koi education on my own
    Carrie, I understand exactly how you feel. I feel really uncomfortable now that I know I am not insured. I will continue to educate, write articles for my club and help with water quality issues, but I feel really uncomfortable knowing that if I advise someone and they sue me, I am on my own. I am going to have to think long and hard about doing pond calls. I can't afford to get sued.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaGirl View Post
    Carrie, I understand exactly how you feel. I feel really uncomfortable now that I know I am not insured. I will continue to educate, write articles for my club and help with water quality issues, but I feel really uncomfortable knowing that if I advise someone and they sue me, I am on my own. I am going to have to think long and hard about doing pond calls. I can't afford to get sued.

I don`t blame you Cindy, it is scary.
    That is part of it, and the fact that it has become so political, there is enough of THAT going on already.

Quote Originally Posted by carrie1964 View Post

Ok lets not put the cart ahead of the horse just quite yet. Before anybody decides to bail on the KHA program I think you should wait for some sort of official clarification from the AKCA. Don't get me wrong I believe what Don and Burt say but that doesn't mean this can't be fixed and won't be fixed. So for the good of the hobby and the AKCA and KHA program I am going to close this thread now. In a few minutes I will write a closing statement for this thread with all the points that have been brought up. Perhaps then the AKCA can look at those points and answer them or not. Either way continuing to speculate on these items is pretty pointless.
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Topics brought up in this thread that might want to be addressed officially by the AKCA:

Why did the new head of the KHA program say to only buy from BHP certified dealers? (This was answered in this thread but I'm listing it since I am trying to sum this up for everyone.)

Was money diverted from the KHV research fund to fund the BHP program?
    If yes...why? It seems that the funds donated to this were supposed to go 100% to research.

Were there any payments made to anyone working on the BHP program? Or perhaps some sort of budget breakdown on the costs related to this project?

Were the KHA's told that they had some sort of liability insurance from the the AKCA when in fact they don't? And if they don't, will they in the future?

Again I am summing up this thread as best as I see. If you think I missed something feel free to PM me.
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920