Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 555 2009

Grant your right

it was me, that suggested you pick the best possible instead of preconceived notions.

Obviously Mat is excited about his new males from Toshio. With Kohaku, it is simple to choose the red and white pattern and you will have to pay top dollar for one that has everything going for it.

With Sumimono, black which later comes up can make or break a pattern
    and because it's just in the hopeful stage, it may come a little less "dear".

My last two sanke's didn't come out of the mud so i feel jinxed with them.

Both my Kohaku and asagi turned out killer from Nisei.
    Dick Benbow

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by gcuss View Post
    Mike,

That's a good idea! The black and white thing might help me make a more educated, rather than emotional selection. What will be interesting is if my original selections would remain in the running....

By the way, I've hit a standstill in my list reduction. Now I'm reduced to an "eenie-meenie-mynnee-moe" type thing... Thank goodness I don't want/need any more sanke. More than once I've been scanning the pictures and keep going back to look again and again at the sanke... I know this goes against Dick B's (at least I think it was Dick) advice that if you want to add a fish, don't go looking with a preconcieved notion of what variant you desire, just go looking to get the best fish possible... But TBH, i've got two sanke already that I'm very excited about and I really don't have a showa that wow's me yet. I hope to change that on Tues.!

Grant
    No that's Bill Parcells' method (him being the "big Tuna" and being part of the Dolphins' War Room .)

OK, Grant, did the new photos help you make your picks? Mine got juggled around after checking them out.

.... still have 4 Showa on my short list, and one Sanke. Perhaps I should wait for 4 off my short list to be taken and then try for the one left.

The new photos make them look totally different. I changed my picks around also.

I got one of the two I was after. I'm not saying which one I got because everyone will probably be pissed at me because it was the one everybody wanted

Quote Originally Posted by HenryC View Post
    I got one of the two I was after. I'm not saying which one I got because everyone will probably be pissed at me because it was the one everybody wanted

Well, I didn`t get ANY, I had a list of three and was going for a sanke, because I figured the showa would be gone. But apparently, by browser doesn`t acept cookies, which I was unaware of. So I didn`t get any.

well, I want to know who got #9? I love that showa! I didn't try to get any but if I had, that would have been the one.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaGirl View Post
    well, I want to know who got #9? I love that showa! I didn't try to get any but if I had, that would have been the one.

Wasn`t me.......LOL

I just checked my settings and I should be getting in, but I keep getting an error message from the Quality site. Oh well......I guess I have some more koi money

I struggled quite a bit with the auction format right at the bell, so I missed on #9. I did get my second choice which was #34, then I wanted two others but they were gone by the time I finished buying #34!!!! They went fast this year. To my untrained eye, there isn't much else there that I'm interested in already, which does free up some money for improving my pond a bit. I expect a large order of goodies today from Auntie Sue's blowout so I expect to make some nice improvements to my water this year.

This may work out well for Mike, I remember last year there were a couple that just kept scratching him and before he knew it he had more!!

It's going to be a fun time seeing how these ones turn out in Oct! Time to start getting excited.

Grant

I was going for #9 till they posted the new pics yesterday afternoon. I fell in love with #38.

I got it!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so nervous, I was shaking. LOL I got it really, really bad.

Carrie, Iím sorry you didnít get any. I did the test auction last night to make sure mine was working.

I bet thereís going to be a lot left over. There were a lot of very good fish so you might find another one.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast