Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NKF-Quality KOI -mudpond news

Sansai

NKF-Quality KOI -mudpond news

I stopped by NKF today in time to see Mat and Ross going through the tosai ,,,,mostly showa,,,,and putting them out to mud. It was a lousy day in NJ, but those guys were enjoying their work. I tried to stay out of the way but did get to take some pics to share. The fish in Pics. #3,#4,#9 were a few of the best of the best that went out and the rest will grown in the greenhouses but will be for sale. Joyce

I'm the proud owner of one of their new line of Showa (Won at auction at the GLK&GS Show). I really like what they are doing up there and they are a major asset to our Hobby.

Thanks for the photos.

I wasn`t able to get the koi I wanted from the 555 event , but I picked up this tosai at the Louisville show. I`ve been very happy with my koi from NKF.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NKF-Quality KOI -mudpond news-dsc04288.jpg  

Very nice !
    Can't get enough Showa !

Troy & Carrie: Enjoy those Showa. Neat patterns, too. The ones I got from Mat at CFKS in March were less than 7-inches. They have been growing nearly a half-inch per week. Some of the sumi is staying the same. Some is going down. I have not noticed any expansion of sumi yet, but tough to tell with them in the big pond. The beni is remaining a soft, almost pale orange, with no noticeable 'shrinkage'. It is way too soon to reach any conclusions about the fish, except they were a bargain for the fun of growing them.

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Troy & Carrie: Enjoy those Showa. Neat patterns, too. The ones I got from Mat at CFKS in March were less than 7-inches. They have been growing nearly a half-inch per week. Some of the sumi is staying the same. Some is going down. I have not noticed any expansion of sumi yet, but tough to tell with them in the big pond. The beni is remaining a soft, almost pale orange, with no noticeable 'shrinkage'. It is way too soon to reach any conclusions about the fish, except they were a bargain for the fun of growing them.

By my calculations they are over 12 inches now?
    Awesome...and by December, when you start your Winter fasting, should be 23+ inches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic growth....let me guess...Koiphenated Water ...or did you let Justin measure them.

PIC PLEASE...with a ruler in the pic

thanks for posting the pics....love the last photo. Everytime I see a seine full of babies it makes me want to get in there and start sorting.........

Sansai

Bigger fish going to mud

Matt and Ross busy going through the fish in the slab house, where customers fish are waiting to start thier summer vacation in the NJ mud. The fish in the pictures I think Matt said were nisai, they were good size. Joyce

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by gjs63 View Post
    Matt and Ross busy going through the fish in the slab house, where customers fish are waiting to start thier summer vacation in the NJ mud. The fish in the pictures I think Matt said were nisai, they were good size. Joyce
    This is my fish that came home with me. This was a manic monday fish from the last Oct. harvest, it is a small sansi at 18". I have a facination with the beni. I think it glows. Please feel free to discuss pros and cons.

Sansai

better pic of sansai

This is my offical picture from the harvest. My picture is not that good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast