Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Congratulations and THank you to Dallas Show folks

Congratulations and THank you to Dallas Show folks

Last weekend the Dallas Koi Kichi Group had their 7th annual show in Frisco, Texas. We had a great time and it reinforced for many what koi clubs and shows are all about. There were 30 tanks of lovely koi with all their proud owners present. Many were showing for the 1st time. Lots of supportive vendors and a complete cast of club members and area hobbyists doing all those things necessary to have a sucessful show. A short list of the tasks of the top of my head are:
    Water Quality
    Judges
    Koi Handlers
    Computer person
    Entrants and 155 very nice koi entered
    Set up, wash, and tear down crews
    Night time security
    Show Chair and Asst. Chair
    Koi Auction
    Club raffles
    Trophies
    Banquet
    Vendors
    Etc, etc. etc.
    I would love to list all the names that go with the tasks above but I am afraid I would accidently leave someone out. I applaud the Dallas Koi Kichi Group for bringing their show up to a very high level. By focusing on fun and education first and friendly competition second they had definately joined the ranks of koi shows to visit in the U.S.
    Congratulations and THANK YOU one and all for all for putting on such a great event. I am already looking forward to next year.
    Ray

Oyagoi
    said it on other thread but will say it again
    great to see water quality at the top of the list

Quote Originally Posted by pskorf View Post
    said it on other thread but will say it again
    great to see water quality at the top of the list
    water quality is always top at any show but especially important at spring shows due to the egg throwing that the big girls are in the habit of doing.

we had 6 tanks with eggs by the first morning and 8 by sunday.

you can imagine the work involved by jennifer walker and the water quality team to get the situation under control.

Quote Originally Posted by azngopher View Post
    water quality is always top at any show but especially important at spring shows due to the egg throwing that the big girls are in the habit of doing.

we had 6 tanks with eggs by the first morning and 8 by sunday.

you can imagine the work involved by jennifer walker and the water quality team to get the situation under control.
    We all know if Jennifer is handling the water quality everything will be top shelf.

Tosai

Super Show in Dallas

First let me say that I enjoyed the Dallas show and that the host members were super to work with. However, I find, after reading all the boards, one person has not been recognized who worked his rear end off mostly in a constant battle with water changes made necessary by misbehaving fish. I am referring to Royce , from Houston, who came up voluntarily to help ( he admits that he wanted to learn first hand, what went on behind the scenes at a Koi Show) He asked if he could work with the Koi Wanglers in order to learn fish handeling. We really worked him on Friday and Sat. But he relly labored to get the water changed where it was needed. (The Koi Kechi folks really need to look into some way to get a better water supply system) Well, I just felt that he should get some recognition for what he did so I wrote this. I really did have a good time, even though I am still tired. See everyone in San Antonio? Mac
    The Real MacKoi