Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: need to grow koi as quickly as possible

Nisai
    He has already metioned how much he knows about QT and raising fish without any problems in any of his ponds or aquariums maybe someday he will wish his supplier did. Dude just lie to us and tell us you did QT and we are good.

Can someone buy him a QT tank.

David

LOL
    Oh man this is hesterical, sorry, but you people are nuts lol
    koi snobs

well, if you read the sub title at the top of the page, it does say "straight from Japan for the SERIOUS hobbyists". So yep.....we are serious here about doing things right. If you think we are nuts, there are plenty of water gardeners out there that would probably agree with you. I doubt you will find very many serious hobbyists that will agree with your assessment though. To each his own!

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaGirl View Post
    well, if you read the sub title at the top of the page, it does say "straight from Japan for the SERIOUS hobbyists". So yep.....we are serious here about doing things right. If you think we are nuts, there are plenty of water gardeners out there that would probably agree with you. I doubt you will find very many serious hobbyists that will agree with your assessment though. To each his own!
    which makes you a koi snob
    and i dont have a water garden, i have a true koi pond
    and plus you dont know where i get my fish!

Quote Originally Posted by beemo View Post
    which makes you a koi snob
    and i dont have a water garden, i have a true koi pond
    and plus you dont know where i get my fish!
    No Cindy is a damm good hobbyist and is far from a snob.....

We don't care where you get your Koi.......

Just stating facts....and you full well know it

So get some thick skin or go play in traffic..........

Quote Originally Posted by mstrseed View Post
    No Cindy is a damm good hobbyist and is far from a snob.....

We don't care where you get your Koi.......

Just stating facts....and you full well know it

So get some thick skin or go play in traffic..........
    I guess you all have super robot koi that are immune to every parasite and disease out there, because you can QT all you want but it still doesnt offer 100% protection.
    Your koi CAN still catch something and dont tell me different.
    How many koi are sold in the U.S each year? How many die? how many go to childrens puddle ponds with no filters? and you have the nerve to criticize me? my koi pond runs the same as yours, its not some backyard puddle. what im doing im doing right, it may not be by the book, but its working, and i dont feel like they are at risk.
    In four years ive never had a sick koi, wow im really lucky, or i just play the game better instead of taking a gamble with online fish and japanese imports.
    i know where i get them from is a safe source,
    but why do any of you care??? you dont care, you just love to debate and preach, you could care less about my fish, just like i dont care what you do with yours and i wouldnt even go there by telling someone they have to do it this way or that way.
    thats all forums are for is to boss people around cuz you cant do it in the real world!
    get a life

Beemo,

Koi snob? Dude, I'm just a middle class newbie trying to learn as well.

And while you may believe you're being attacked by others for lack of QT, you have to realize that they're trying to help. Most people were willing to leave the QT thing alone but realize that if you make a post outlining how you've never had a problem in all these years (20 of fish keeping I believe) you've publicly announced that: a) you have A LOT of experience with marine pets, and b) QT isn't really that important. Now people like myself are going to feel the need to correct the record because it's not just you and a few others reading this thread. I remember not too long ago I was brand new to the hobby, and reading a post like yours might have me re-thinking the need to quarantine and would have led me down a rough road.

Maybe right now you don't feel your collection, or the risk is worth going the extra distance for. But you may one day change your mind as you learn more about good husbandry practices, or more expensive fish hit your pond, or perhaps you take an interest in showing your fish. Whether your do it right now or not, you'd have to agree proper QT is the safest and best way to go when introducing new pets.

** putting bashing hammer away **

Personal note... I too didn't QT early on, but after a nasty KHV scare (turned out I was just an overstocking lunatic) nothing gets into my pond without hanging around my plywood tank for a month or two. By the way, I built two QT set ups including static K1 filters and a little shower for each for under 300 dollars. I'd be happy to share how with you.

Best wishes,

Grant

Grant,

I guess arrogance is best left alone..........

Out of the many only a few, like you really want to admit it and quit it......

Quote Originally Posted by gcuss View Post
    Beemo,

Koi snob? Dude, I'm just a middle class newbie trying to learn as well.

And while you may believe you're being attacked by others for lack of QT, you have to realize that they're trying to help. Most people were willing to leave the QT thing alone but realize that if you make a post outlining how you've never had a problem in all these years (20 of fish keeping I believe) you've publicly announced that: a) you have A LOT of experience with marine pets, and b) QT isn't really that important. Now people like myself are going to feel the need to correct the record because it's not just you and a few others reading this thread. I remember not too long ago I was brand new to the hobby, and reading a post like yours might have me re-thinking the need to quarantine and would have led me down a rough road.

Maybe right now you don't feel your collection, or the risk is worth going the extra distance for. But you may one day change your mind as you learn more about good husbandry practices, or more expensive fish hit your pond, or perhaps you take an interest in showing your fish. Whether your do it right now or not, you'd have to agree proper QT is the safest and best way to go when introducing new pets.

** putting bashing hammer away **

Personal note... I too didn't QT early on, but after a nasty KHV scare (turned out I was just an overstocking lunatic) nothing gets into my pond without hanging around my plywood tank for a month or two. By the way, I built two QT set ups including static K1 filters and a little shower for each for under 300 dollars. I'd be happy to share how with you.

Best wishes,

Grant

if Drussle would have minded his own buisness and just stuck to the topic, which everyone should! why would i bother to post if i wanted a different question answered?
    thats what makes a koi snob, or maybe drussle is just a troll looking for trouble.
    there was a poll not too long ago about how many koi ponds are in the u.s, i believe it was 30 million??? it was alot what ever it was, how many of that million do you think QT?
    yes QT is good practice, but so is good judgement, and like i said i know my koi's source and i can bet they are in no danger.
    im never going to spend a massive amount of money on koi to show off, im never going to drag my fish to koi shows either.
    these forums try to make everyone paranoid

if i played dumb and let everyone think they are controlling me or let them think that "hey i did a good deed today" the story would have had a better ending, so i'll just make everyone happy so they can rest their little heads tonight thinking they did good..
    so yeah im gonna QT for now on, thanks guys your really helped me learn something i never knew before
    i'm gonna go feed my aids infested koi some popcorn now, because i think its good for them, it has corn in it for their bones and teeth
    have a great day

p.s im a girl, shouldnt everyone have known that?

Daihonmei
    wow, that was wild? there must be a full moon out tonight!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast